A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

Wowza, welcome to the grind :(

After reading the guides I shelved my "mage" to grind up a warrior (to subsidize reagents for the next grind).

FOllowed the guide pretty much; skeletons, ghouls, then corruption at 60 or so and have gotten to 80ish on warrior skills (slash, vigor, block, heavy armor, healing)grinding greater imps and gargoyles. put a bit into hiding but plan on replacing with manifestation.

Wow, this game is REALLY a grind once you hit 80.

A few questions/ comments:

1) is heavy armor simply useless? Being naked V. wearing npc chain armor V wearing heavy cobalt crafted armor(+2 defense) doesn't really seem to affect damage much when slaughtering gargoyles...

2)Is manifestation worthwhile without additional spell damage and mana skills (channel and whatever) ?

3) Are gargoyles a good place to gain after 80 as its going REALLY REALLY slow (Yes I am well rested and eating as well).

I really dont want to go into PvP zones with a weak character. I am UO vet and remember the gitgudnub sympathy you will find in pvp areas lol

Am I doing something wrong or is it 20 hours of grinding to 80 then 1000000000 hours from 80-100? In that case not sure I can play this game as a casual player :(

Comments

• UndeadChaosLordUndeadChaosLord prkchps330@yahoo.com
    I am also considering the "future" grind.

As I spend 10000000 hours to grind a warrior to 100; thinking about the even longer and more expensive mage grind (time + reagent cost).

4) AM I going to find the mage grind up to be even worse than then the slog through warrior skills?>
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    how fast do you expect to get a char to GM?
    I suspect you belong to the players that don't get fun until they reach skill cap
    Sacha said:

I suspect you belong to the players that don't get fun until they reach skill cap

Grinding Gargoyles is not fun. Once I reached 80 I am unable to get skill gains from hellhounds, regular imps, bandits, forest animals, etc etc so it essentially funnels a character and forces them to grind repeatedly or "waste" time killing things that won't gain skill.
  • HoneyBadgerHoneyBadger United Kingdom
    edited February 9
    Can't have it both ways, the alternative is you grind the ogre pinyada missions.
    Rewards are minimal to match the risk, but you can grind them anywhere you like.
    They'll net you melee skill gains well into the 90's.

Won't argue with armor skills they encourage min maxing for prestiges at best
    Sacha said:

I understand SOME grinding will always be required.

However, I certainly did not expect the grind from 80-82 slashing to take 4000 gargoyles and as many hours as it did, The grind up to 80 wasn't so bad but I essentially am finding skill gains after 80 to be ridiculously few and far between.
  • edited February 9
    How about you test things on your own?
    Wandering said:

How about you ignore my threads instead of making trashy comments from your mom's basement?
  • Fighting forest walkers is good at 80. Also the hobgoblin missions. Mercenaries maybe too.
  • an answer about the Armour please. Heavy vs light vs chain vs plate? They all say the same stats: +1 defense. Even Obsidian Armour have the same stats??
  • HawkshieldHawkshield United States
    I've personally stopped caring about progression. I sign in and stare at my character in his house, then I complete the cycle with all 4 toons. I'll even ride to the city and race around center area (Valus) then I go home. Make sure the door is locked.
  • Wandering said:

How about you ignore my threads instead of making trashy comments from your mom's basement?
    let me rephrase: how about you explore the world?
  • DustyMacdDustyMacd Scotland Moderator
    I have taken a wee break from the grind to explore the different gates locations. really lovely having a wonder!
  • 1200 bolts of cloth, 350 leather. Started at 82.9 and made all mage robes (skill 65) and Leather Chest (79 skill) when all was said and done I was sitting at.....83.0. Tons of fails on the 65 skill even though i'm almost 20 points over it, talking 4-5 in a row. Honestly the fails erk me more than the 0.1 gain
  • Can gain to like 90 on trolls in wilderness and even protected areas like around lake Tethrys. To go though you need non protected dungeons or areas like Black Forest fighting vile spiders.
  • KingslyKingsly Blue Boar
    They took out the potions out of the cash shop and added them to the event for rewards so grab some of them to level faster. I still don't get this "I want to max fast" mentality because when everyone is maxed out fast then what do you think the economy will look like and playerbase? It's already too fast, I can get to 80 in 3 days tops... Anyways don't worry they will get those potions in one way or another till everyone is capping out fast.
  • Dumpy McWinklesDumpy McWinkles World First Grandmaster Stapler
    First.. you don't need to grind all the way up on the warror. Just grind regs.. you can only get to 85 off of gargs, but it doesn't matter since you are trying to get regs base.

1) armor.. dunno.. I see guys in full and with shields doing some serious tanking.. I run a hybrid in +2 cloth and I'm like Jell-O sitting on the picnic table in a hot summer day.

2) manifestation heals WITH band-aids are great. Manifestation without Mana is useless. As far as healing goes, you only need manifestation.. there is no booster skill associated with it.

3)gargs are a great place to gain.. till 85.. after that get the ground shakes missions (do them in safe areas if you like) on average you will get .1 gain per mission. From 85-100 is 150 missions so you will make plenty of cash.. It will take about 3 days of constant play, or more like a week or so if you have a life, responsibilities, and like to use the toilet once in awhile.
  • First.. you don't need to grind all the way up on the warror. Just grind regs.. you can only get to 85 off of gargs, but it doesn't matter since you are trying to get regs base.

1) armor.. dunno.. I see guys in full and with shields doing some serious tanking.. I run a hybrid in +2 cloth and I'm like Jell-O sitting on the picnic table in a hot summer day.

2) manifestation heals WITH band-aids are great. Manifestation without Mana is useless. As far as healing goes, you only need manifestation.. there is no booster skill associated with it.

3)gargs are a great place to gain.. till 85.. after that get the ground shakes missions (do them in safe areas if you like) on average you will get .1 gain per mission. From 85-100 is 150 missions so you will make plenty of cash.. It will take about 3 days of constant play, or more like a week or so if you have a life, responsibilities, and like to use the toilet once in awhile.

Good info there. I’d say skip the toilet and just get depends. Probably still on rollback at Walmart.
  • not only is a grind, you will notice that once you are skilled enough, there is NOTHING to grind for

dungeon drops are boring, no itemization at all, no progression
  • AzlidaxAzlidax Basement
    Nothing is really a grind in this game other than taming and some tradeskills.
  • Grind for what? this game has no content yet, i mean i don't know what do you expect to see when you reach level 100, game still empty until devs decide to start add something...
  • Grind for abiity books doh
  • They did add something, a cash shop.

Already said this...when you have "free to play" games, devs spend more time on content, for cash shop items. They should have made it a sub based game and that (cash shop) dev time COULD be put into game content. However, that ship has sailed...lol.
  • HawkshieldHawkshield United States
    be great if they had a workable " purge " AI for random attacks from the monster denizens of the world in random spots (like Conan Exiles, but theirs doesn't work great either)
  • ModocModoc West Coast
    Turn your frown upside down.
    Modoc said:

Turn your frown upside down.

): Better? :P

Meh, grinding Demons atm. Boring and maybe 50-60+ Dark Demons with no drops.

It would seem many vets that too afraid to PvP simply farm the newb dungeons. SO they ouyt-farm the newbs in the newb dungeons lol.

AT 87 slash/Vigor I simply cannot compete with even 1 mage farming them....And many times there are groups of 2-3 mages with other melee/archers in a group.

I also tried "ground shakes" missions. I take 3 missions at a time and go clear them all out netting 39 silver on average (and VERY few gains) over 3 missions in a single "run".

Demons make more money and gain faster even considering the trip from ELdier to Corruption when full of 87 SIlver (8700 copper) on average.

Demons > "ground shakes" mission in both gains and $$$$.

DOwn side to Demons: I can only play when no one else is playing or at least with someone willing to take turns (there have been a few).

• ModocModoc West Coast
    If you plan on playing a long time you can be a casual player. But I'd argue that this isn't exactly a casual kind of game. UO wasn't either. Casual games are best played on your phone while pooping.
    edited February 13
    Modoc said:

If you plan on playing a long time you can be a casual player. But I'd argue that this isn't exactly a casual kind of game. UO wasn't either. Casual games are best played on your phone while pooping.

With macro'ing, Uo certainly was able for casual gamers.

STart new char, get LRC suit, start easyuo.

3 days later: 7x gm

Join guild: 14 days later have a "par" mage suit (playing a few hours daily-none on the weekends)

30 days total in (champion raid capable but not optimized): able to mage dual with pros at a slight disadvantage that skill can overcome.

60 days in (champ raid ready): 2 "able" suits. one non-lrc to use with regs (able+) and and LRC suit as back up if you die and are looted(able). Probably also have crafting character made as you used cash to buy resources. Have burnt a few runics but not yet 100%, working on orny

I have done the same thing on both EA servers (age of samurai expansion or whatever it was and previous) and also on runuo shards (old school loot and runuo standard shards circa 2012)
  • Fighting Skill:
    0 - 30 - Buy it
    30- 45 - Skeletons in GY
    45 -85 - hit a friends Beetle
    85 - 100 - Hit a friends Dire bear

your GM in about 15hrs Congrats!

Armor Skill: Turn Brawling to 0 and take off your weapon
    0 - 30 - Buy it
    30 - 60 - Attack 6 skeletons in GY and self heal with Buddy helping to heal
    60 - 80 - Same with 3 trolls
    80 - 100 - Direbear or the like with a buddy helping to heal and you using brawling set to 0

Your GM in about 8 hours Congrats!

You just spent less then a Day and your Now GM Fighting Skill, Healing, Heavy Armor, Blocking, and your vigor is prob about 85-90 so hey you can rez people now!

Second Part:
    Dry those tears up on your keyboard before it stains it.
    edited February 13

Fighting Skill:
    0 - 30 - Buy it
    30- 45 - Skeletons in GY
    45 -85 - hit a friends Beetle
    85 - 100 - Hit a friends Dire bear

your GM in about 15hrs Congrats!

Armor Skill: Turn Brawling to 0 and take off your weapon
    0 - 30 - Buy it
    30 - 60 - Attack 6 skeletons in GY and self heal with Buddy helping to heal
    60 - 80 - Same with 3 trolls
    80 - 100 - Direbear or the like with a buddy helping to heal and you using brawling set to 0

Your GM in about 8 hours Congrats!

You just spent less then a Day and your Now GM Fighting Skill, Healing, Heavy Armor, Blocking, and your vigor is prob about 85-90 so hey you can rez people now!

Second Part:
    Dry those tears up on your keyboard before it stains it.

EXCELLENT guide (if it works) and thank you!

Looks like reading wiki guides lead me to the wrong strategy :)

Also, my keyboard is pretty stained already :P
  • edited February 13
    I jest a bit, but having a tamer friend help you out goes a long way... also setting brawling to 0 and using only heavy armor & a shield EVERY attack lands so you build skill very very quickly, but you do take a LOT more damage... so good to have a friend help you out with healing... I got my fisher on my second account up to 60 in the GY in about 20mins with 7 or 8 skeletons hitting him, but it took him bandaging and me casting gheal to keep him alive and he did die a couple times. Like Every activity from gaming to the bedroom a like the more friends helping the more enjoyable it is.

Just to clarify though... Getting 100 doesn't unlock fun... some of the fun is simply exploring around and enjoying the content as you level up.. What your going to find is everyone is in such a rush to get 80+ skill that the high end content is over populated... Sometimes corruption is hard to find a open room and other dungeons have murder hobo's running around waiting for you to get distracted... So i do urge you to enjoy the time leveling up in the woods & missions taking in the quiet scenery, before your stuck in a cut throat competition for the books at high end, because books is the only great drop at higher levels. Everything else is just stuff...

Side note... if your hitting a tamer's pet you can also turn animal lore to 0 and heal the pet to build your healing skill up while you hit it... it's a little messed up healing the thing your hitting but meh...