Player Housing Impossible for new beginners

Hello to all, first of all i'd like to say thanks to all Legends of Aria team for an amazing game.
I'm an old UltimaOnline player. Really happy to be here.

I just want to point out a problem i'm having. I've recently started the game, about 1 week ago. I know the basics and all, i can adebt to the game no problem. But one thing i cant get into is housing.

All spaces that a merchant can be placed are taken. No matter how much money i farm, you cant get a house plot where you can actually sell stuff...

So, im running around looking for houses, while i realise alot of them dont even sell anything, or some of them have run out of things for ages...

Im wondering if there ever be a system to help new comers to be able to sell their goods to others, where things are more even.. Perhaps a place / zone just for Selling things. Like a Marketplace, where you can have your own plot, put your items there.. Perhaps a safe zone where Karma wont effect, and players cant attack each other.

I've got some more ideas, just want to know what does the community think of this?

And how can we compete with a player or guild thats been playing for a long time. We've just started and there is not a single plot available...

Thanks!

Beto

Comments

• SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Keep in mind it that you are not required to sell things in your house. Not everyone wants to be a merchant.
    How would you put up that zone/marketplace you propose?
  • The first week of taxes saw a bunch of houses/plots fall or be bid on. I bet next week there will be even more.

You can always try to buy out someone's plot, but it will cost ya. Sure the uber prime vendor locations are taken, but there are still lots of plots open. If you start a vendor and keep it stocked and well priced, add a bind stone so people can bond your location, or sell runes for cheap, to your shop. I have some that are well of the main road that I go to because I know their prices are fair and they are always stocked.
  • What do I think? Booooo. Thumbs down. Sell at the bank!
  • All spaces that a merchant can be placed are taken.
    Well, that's not even remotely true.
  • why would you even want to sell stuff at this point everyone else has it covered there is no point in you selling anything because its already covered by everyone else.. everywhere
  • Discord trade channels.
  • HawkshieldHawkshield United States
    thats what I do, I only had crafting abilities till I created my house, then I zeroed those out to create adventurers. Now my adventurers sit at home and eat cheese puffs and watch tv while I pay the taxes every week.
  • markable runes is the answer. Then all shop locations have a chance to sell stuff.

If they implement a system like UO have: mark a rune and allow it to be writable to have shop name on it. and the rune is re usable. The rune opens a gate to shop.
  • Sell in discord until you can afford to buy an existing plot.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    There could be special magic runes that let yo ubuy from a remote shop without teleporting you there. That way those runes don't break the limit instant travel system that the devs want for the game.
  • DustyMacdDustyMacd Scotland Moderator
    I am currently saving coin to buy a home, I would love to have a place I can sell stuff from. But Will need to find the right location. You are right this aint gonna be easy!
  • chrisx9chrisx9 christian@elfers.eu
    It is said, that auctions will return this sunday. Even if you cant participate the auctions themselfes (if you do not have enough gold), you can find empty spots afterwards. During the first auctions 2 weeks ago, several plots without bids vanished. For selling on a shop, location is very very important. Good luck!
    chrisx9 said:

It is said, that auctions will return this sunday. Even if you cant participate the auctions themselfes (if you do not have enough gold), you can find empty spots afterwards. During the first auctions 2 weeks ago, several plots without bids vanished. For selling on a shop, location is very very important. Good luck!

i am fighting hard to get myself 1 gold and 40 silver so I can reserve my space :D
  • I didn't even use my house so I got rid of it- a house isn't a requirement to play.

I didn't even use my house so I got rid of it- a house isn't a requirement to play.

I just like a small shack to call my own, I am doing great without a house :)
  • HawkshieldHawkshield United States
    Mine right now is basically a fancy storage unit. I don't even decorate except for trunks
  • I'm pretty new and had no trouble finding a nice plot. I sell a lot of things all the time. Plus you can sell your stuff in town or on discord. Also saw other nice ideas if those things arent working out for you.
  • MalaricMalaric Sweden
    edited February 10
    They should allow for placing merchants in other peoples plots/houses (with permission). UO has this and it makes it possible to set up market places/shopping malls.
  • Malaric said:

They should allow for placing merchants in other peoples plots/houses (with permission). UO has this and it makes it possible to set up market places/shopping malls.

+100
  • PetrPetr Czech Republic
    Chrysti said:

Malaric said:

+100
    +100 We have one big plot close to gate with my 2 friends and we want to have it like big market. So we want to have there more vendors for specific areas and each of us will be responsible for that specific area. Now we end up to share the plot ovner account to all of us. Which we can afforn only due to the fact that we know each other well. But to be honest we don't bring up more crafters to our small comunity :(
  • ModocModoc West Coast
    It's hardly impossible. And it shouldn't be easy for a new player. I support the idea of shared plots for vendor access. I don't support the idea that there is some kind of unfairness at play here.
  • Can you put more than one merchant in for each co owner? I've seen houses with more than 1
  • Hey there, never expected this much of a return on comments. Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

My main issue was that after i got a land plot. I ran around Eldeir Village all day long, trying to find a spot where people actually go by, and i have a chance to sell. (Im playing %100 crafter by the way) .. So my main income is only through a house. You can say that i can sell from a bank, yelling in chat. But believe me i dont have the time for it. I login, farm the goods to craft, than craft them.. Than log off.. I can barely interact with others. Anyway, this is what i love to do.

I found couple places where you can place a plot, its in the far corners of the map.. Just really hard to sell at start point what i ment to say.

Anyhow, i get what people trying to say, this is a sandbox game, people have different experience from it. I tried to speak about an issue im having, not blaming anyone for it. Thanks for the advices you guys put it.

See you around!
  • ...you should have a look at discord server channels. This is where people promote their vendors.
  • ModocModoc West Coast
    edited February 13
    BERTAN said:

My main issue was that after i got a land plot. I ran around Eldeir Village all day long, trying to find a spot where people actually go by, and i have a chance to sell. (Im playing %100 crafter by the way) .. So my main income is only through a house. You can say that i can sell from a bank, yelling in chat. But believe me i dont have the time for it. I login, farm the goods to craft, than craft them.. Than log off.. I can barely interact with others. Anyway, this is what i love to do.

I would encourage you to view crafting/selling as more of a long term goal. Earlier in your development I would encourage you to utilize a character slot for a PVE character to provide yourself with early source of income. 3 kills in the sewers(crawlers and giant rats) will get you 1 silver. If you select the right skills you can get right after it as soon as you spawn in your city of choice. As your PVE toon grows you'll be able use that income to facilitate your crafting and housing goals.

PVE activity with other players will boost your income even more and frankly this being an MMO I feel you're shortchanging yourself from a valuable experience that will lead to a more fulfilling gaming experience in the long run if you do not embrace this approach.

Try not to be one dimensional.

• Honestly? I've sold everything i've made on Discord... I have a nice quiet house in the woods where no body ever comes around and i like it just fine... Who wants a trashy vendor shop with people hanging around all the time murdering everything around all the time? no thanks....

or group up with others to do vendor shops... i've done that there is a Valus Traders Guild you can join that has a prime shop for selling goods so you don't have to have a home near the road...

Or go buy one at auction.. or in shop channel.. i mena you came to the game late, were not going to wipe the server everytime a player starts so you have a fair chance at catching up, just gotta roll with the punches...
  • GingrSpiceBOIGingrSpiceBOI United States
    Teufel said:

The first week of taxes saw a bunch of houses/plots fall or be bid on. I bet next week there will be even more.

You can always try to buy out someone's plot, but it will cost ya. Sure the uber prime vendor locations are taken, but there are still lots of plots open. If you start a vendor and keep it stocked and well priced, add a bind stone so people can bond your location, or sell runes for cheap, to your shop. I have some that are well of the main road that I go to because I know their prices are fair and they are always stocked.

fuckers got my house rofl xD