A new section has been added:
Feedback & Suggestions -
this will be a place to give constructive feedback and suggestions. Comments are disabled, feedback or suggestions are the same will be merged.
https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/feedback-suggestions

Please create character transfer for $15 to another server

NighthunterNighthunter Nighthunter
edited February 8 in General Discussion
I'm concerned about Verdant Earths population. I don't know what CS plans to do to help servers that have lower populations or if it becomes abandoned.

But in order to prevent people from leaving the game because their server is dead and they don't want to start over, I suggest making a character transfer for $15

Reasons:
1. Helps player retention
2. Helps generate funds to LoA's coffers towards a better game

How this could be accomplished:
-Player cannot have a house attached to account
-Only items that are transferred are in your bank or on your character.
-Charge $15 for 4 characters OR $5 for each character

Discuss.

Comments

• I would add that no items/gold looted from a player, nor anything purchased with the proceeds of such can be transferred. If it's looted on the server it stays there giving the victim a chance of recovery
  • I just did it the old fashion way. Moved from Azure Sky to Verdant Earth. I had the opposite problem, Azure Sky seemed too crowded. Character transfer in the shop would be nice though.
  • No transferring if any items. To easy to farm plat on low population server and bring all that money into another server.
  • If west coast server ever opened I'd do it in a heartbeat, buck naked and all. I don't think you should be able to take anything with you other than starting silver..... 1s and some change lol.
  • Character transfer is good for CS income. No item transfer at all (to include spell books and other blessed items).
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Maybe just transfer the items you get as award for noble packs and such.
  • I'm concerned about Verdant Earths population. I don't know what CS plans to do to help servers that have lower populations or if it becomes abandoned.

But in order to prevent people from leaving the game because their server is dead and they don't want to start over, I suggest making a character transfer for $15

Reasons:

Discuss.

+1
    I am worried about ve. The bank is a must. If I have to lose everything, I am done.
  • I paid for the game why in the seven hells i would want to pay again for a simple character transfer that takes literally two seconds to be made? how about you can transfer YOUR character between as you like (spacing it in time of course) it just sounds absurd to me
  • I'm concerned about Verdant Earths population. I don't know what CS plans to do to help servers that have lower populations or if it becomes abandoned.

Reasons:

Discuss.

+1 The transfer of items is a must. Transferring your bank is restriction enough to limit the amount of resources/items being transferred. I’d also put a gold limit on transfers. I’d also say price needs to be increased to $15 each with a cd on transfers. Something along the lines of 1 per 3 months or so.
  • NighthunterNighthunter Nighthunter
    Azzazel said:

I paid for the game why in the seven hells i would want to pay again for a simple character transfer that takes literally two seconds to be made? how about you can transfer YOUR character between as you like (spacing it in time of course) it just sounds absurd to me

I would like a Runescape model also and just be able to log onto any world, but that wouldn't see as a viable model since the devs don't want reds to be able to make blues' lives difficult... jumping from server to server terrorizing blues.

It would have to be a WoW model. There are servers and if you want to transfer your character then you pay. Blizzard is successful for a reason, they have successful revenue models.

If you don't want to pay to transfer your character then don't, do exactly what you said and make a new character. Not everybody is like you, and people will be willing to pay. Just read the other comments on the forums.
  • I love the character transfer token idea. Anything that can fit in your backpack, bank and stables should come with you but you would leave your housing where it is. If red guilds want to go on shard tours, (like the old UO) then they can simply transfer their pvp char(s) over and engage with the other red guilds for supremacy. Blues that want to farm in peace for either books or resources can do the same server to server. If you don't want to pay for the service, then raise another char on a different shard, nothing different than what is available today.
  • X-shard tokens are great for the economy.
  • habyhaby United States
    Just reroll and have the fresh start experience. i personally used to play a lot of path of exile and everytime my char died on hardcore and i had the fresh restart it was so much fun.
  • haby said:

Just reroll and have the fresh start experience. i personally used to play a lot of path of exile and everytime my char died on hardcore and i had the fresh restart it was so much fun.

I'm sure it's great for those on the receiving server to have a bunch of fresh spawns, but those leaving behind everything they have worked hard for probably don't share your opinion.
  • Azzazel said:

I paid for the game why in the seven hells i would want to pay again for a simple character transfer that takes literally two seconds to be made? how about you can transfer YOUR character between as you like (spacing it in time of course) it just sounds absurd to me

I would like a Runescape model also and just be able to log onto any world, but that wouldn't see as a viable model since the devs don't want reds to be able to make blues' lives difficult... jumping from server to server terrorizing blues.

It would have to be a WoW model. There are servers and if you want to transfer your character then you pay. Blizzard is successful for a reason, they have successful revenue models.

If you don't want to pay to transfer your character then don't, do exactly what you said and make a new character. Not everybody is like you, and people will be willing to pay. Just read the other comments on the forums.
    If you want to apply same quotes wow does, offer same content and level of polish that game has otherwise it would be a scam, no one in his/her sane mind would pay 15$ to digitally move their character to another server on this game , because game is empty of content nowadays, we already paid for buying the game, and something like moving a character it's something pretty easy to do with the low population this game has, if you don't want people hoping from one server to another it's easy, make the character transfer it`s available only once per week, simple right? paying 15$ for moving a character its something only wow can do
  • NighthunterNighthunter Nighthunter
    Azzazel said:

no one in his/her sane mind would pay 15$ to digitally move their character to another server on this game... paying 15$ for moving a character its something only wow can do

#1 - read other comments, there is your proof, people willing to pay. If you don't wanna do it, that's great! Don't.

#2 - Character transfers aren't exclusive to WoW and $15 is a reasonable price. LoA ain't charging ya a monthly subscription and ain't charging ya for expansions, again, $15 is a reasonable price, LoA can do it too.