Did alot of people "take a break" from the game?

Last night I came across .maybe 10 blues and 15 reds and I was all over the place

Comments

• this game is dead
  • I converted 40 gold to another game that I find more enjoyable than "move anything in my bank box/backpack and watch it disappear that is Legends OF aria" still missing my lord pack items.

I.cannot make any progress without stepping two steps back.
  • Idk...Verdant Earth seems far from dead in my opinion...I run into people almost everywhere I go. And I heard we were the least populated server *shrug*
  • Solidus said:

Idk...Verdant Earth seems far from dead in my opinion...I run into people almost everywhere I go. And I heard we were the least populated server *shrug*

Interesting, I was on VE in Helm and saw only 2 people at the bank. To my surprise no one was at the carpenter or tailor, didn't check the mines though so it could of been a fluke. Lol
  • Just asking...

But you play at times where people normally are "not" at work, right? ^^
  • Solidus said:

Idk...Verdant Earth seems far from dead in my opinion...I run into people almost everywhere I go. And I heard we were the least populated server *shrug*

Interesting, I was on VE in Helm and saw only 2 people at the bank. To my surprise no one was at the carpenter or tailor, didn't check the mines though so it could of been a fluke. Lol
    Ya that's weird because I've been spending most of my time at precisely those two places and have seen a decent number of comings and goings lol. I didn't play at all last night though. If you ever see Kolee running back and forth say hi :)
  • Solidus said:

Solidus said:

Ya that's weird because I've been spending most of my time at precisely those two places and have seen a decent number of comings and goings lol. I didn't play at all last night though. If you ever see Kolee running back and forth say hi :)
    Hahaha, will do. Good to know it was just a rare occurrence.
  • OMG game is dying nobody at bank at 3am.
  • PetrPetr Czech Republic
    stop playing your edited photogalerry... Or how is possible that you don't see other players? :open_mouth:
  • Knine said:

OMG game is dying nobody at bank at 3am.

For me it wasn't late...... around 7pm lol.

• I same people on VE all the time. Less than 10. Compare to AS, VE is dead.
    There use to be alot of people on AS but that is I see downward trend.
  • fibrosis said:

Last night I came across .maybe 10 blues and 15 reds and I was all over the place

Game is fun until you reach "endgame" and need to create your own content (lazy DEV TEAM speak). They need to make PvP have more of a real visible impact on the world other than kill player for loot. That should be their main focus instead of adding more dungeons and more continents. That type of content people rush through super fast and is impossible for a small dev team to keep up with. I don't see any indication they are moving in the direction I want other than the guild pvp system.... and I'm not even sure what that means. I'm guessing you can freely kill people in opposing guilds with no murderous consequences anywhere. Again.... not the type of impactful endgame content that will keep the game going long-term. It's a good start, but nowhere near enough.
  • Need guild wars. Or add a color for open pvp that allows other of same color or orange or red to attack with no penalties and vice versa but not blues.
  • I am certainly taking a break. Only logging in enough to cover house taxes. Just feels like there's too much content missing at this point. And I don't mean needing more skills or dungeons but filling out the skills that are already there. Too many things implemented seem half done or bare bones. I'm a crafting heavy player usually and it feels like I'm just wasting my time bothering with crafting.

Basically it feels like I'm playing a limited demo and I'm waiting for them to release the "full game"
  • RemeeRemee Kentucky
    There is quite a few people on Azure, but I think a lot of people got turned off when they saw the "loyalty" skill potion. I know reddit had a lot of people saying they quit over it.
  • As the servers get older, they get more red-heavy, which drives away the non-PvP blues. It's just the nature of games that mix PvE and PvP.
  • DemonicDisasterDemonicDisaster United States
    People don’t know what “early access” means...
  • People don’t know what “early access” means...

Yea, but they charged $30 bucks for it and were a week away from a STEAM release...… I got my $30 worth so not seriously complaining. Just wish the endgame was more fleshed out.
  • HawkshieldHawkshield United States
    yeah the bugs and other idiosyncrasies (and player behaviour even on a all PVE server, blocking resources etc) is what drove me form Conan Exiles or I would have happily stayed there ( incredible biomes and decent fight mechanics). Like Soap Goblin and Oran, I tap in to pay taxes and I do feel I have gotten my monies worth. I'll be hanging out on Neverwinter/ESO and Eve
  • Also got my money's worth. I just wish there was a compelling reason to keep playing. As it stands, I'll be swapping over to Division 2 and EQ1 Progression servers soon.
    Squid said:

Also got my money's worth. I just wish there was a compelling reason to keep playing. As it stands, I'll be swapping over to Division 2 and EQ1 Progression servers soon.

huh whats an EQ1 Progression server?
  • Personally, I quit. Rampant botting/macroing, preorder rewards that I still haven't gotten, mess of a launch(10-day headstart, sure.), bloated server economy that was made with completely different game systems etc.

The game was not ready for launch, simple as. Will only consider touching it ever again with massive fixes and a fresh server.
  • PwnPwn pwnasauruswrex@live.com
    edited February 8
    Taking a break? A lot of people are quitting. The blues keep crying and the devs are giving in. This game is leaning more and more towards trammel every couple weeks. Soon all the blue babies will be able to farm in peace for a couple weeks till they get bored and quit to.
  • Squid said:

Also got my money's worth. I just wish there was a compelling reason to keep playing. As it stands, I'll be swapping over to Division 2 and EQ1 Progression servers soon.

huh whats an EQ1 Progression server?
    Every couple years Daybreak will launch a new progression server for EQ1. It starts at classic and unlocks a new expansion either on a schedule (time-locked progression, or TLP) of every 3 or 6 months or once certain milestones are reached and the majority of the playerbase votes to unlock the next expansion. They'll also typically have some variance to them. For example, the last TLP server, Coirnav, had a very slow XP rate; the one before that, Agnarr, stopped unlocking expansions after LDoN, offered instanced raiding in addition to open world, and didn't allow multiboxing on a single computer; the one before Agnarr, Lockjaw, released expansions on a six-month schedule.

Two new servers have been announced for the EQ1 Anniversary in March. The only information to date is that one will be "hardcore" and one will be "casual." Nobody really knows what Daybreak means by that, but the assumption is that Hardcore will have slower XP, corpse runs, and possibly will not have instanced raiding. The assumption for Casual is that it will have lower instance caps (new non-raid instances are triggered by the number of players in a zone), allow limited multiboxing on a single machine (probably up to 3), have faster XP, maybe allow mercenaries (though probably not), maybe start at a later expansion such as Planes of Power (or have PoP and the Bazaar unlocked at launch), and maybe have FV loot rules (though that'd be a clusterfuck if they don't also make Krono no-trade on the server).
  • Pwn said:

Soon all the blue babies will be able to farm in peace

Looking forward to it!
    Sounds interesting!
  • I just don't find any reason to play, the game has no content yet, it need like one full year or maybe even two of devs adding content to make it enjoyable, nowadays this game lacks almost everything

That's the reason i quit, i probably will return once the start adding content, playing now is meaningless
  • Pwn said:

Taking a break? A lot of people are quitting. The blues keep crying and the devs are giving in. This game is leaning more and more towards trammel every couple weeks. Soon all the blue babies will be able to farm in peace for a couple weeks till they get bored and quit to.

Really? This is not devs caving to carebear players. You are taking about a full loot pvp game that doesn't even have armor full implemented and they are talking about a steam release. I have played games in "alpha" that felt more complete. I like the game, whuch is why I still log in to keep my house, and I look forward to coming back and diving in again when they deliver a fully fleshed out game. Until then, I am taking a break from this "extended demo". Has nothing to do with trammel mechanics.
  • personally i think many people recognize when they reach end game that this game isnt made for them. im pretty sure non-roleplayers will get bored sooner or longer because of the lack of content. Otherwise, for roleplayers this could become an awsome game, but devs have to watch and listen!
  • Azzazel said:

I just don't find any reason to play, the game has no content yet, it need like one full year or maybe even two of devs adding content to make it enjoyable, nowadays this game lacks almost everything

That's the reason i quit, i probably will return once the start adding content, playing now is meaningless

Same here. Not only is it laggy (we need a Pacific/Mountain server) but it's missing lots of content. I want to do inscription on my main and there is almost no way to level it, not even writs! I will wait.