cure potions are...

ragonrokragonrok Eldeir
edited February 2 in General Discussion
WORTHLESS

Problem:
-It is ridiculous that the pinnacle of alchemy is dropped by imps and bandits.
-It is worthless in combat, because everybody can cleanse poison with bandages.

Solution:
-remove cure pots as a drop entirely
-have it cleanse mortal and bleed, that would make it powerful enough to be worth 75 alchemy

Comments

• SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Remove bandages curing poison?
  • Ehh it costs 160 skill points to do that so it's not like it's a cheap ability
  • While healing is obviously abundant, it is more for mages without the healing skill. I would be fine removing them as drops, as well as it removing bleed. It removing mortal is way too much in my opinion.
  • GorfGorf Czechia
    edited February 2
    It is actually not bad idea to let remove mortal strike and bleed with cure potion. That would indeed make cure potion worthy. Atm. they are not that much needed. Or if potion would grant you also protection for few seconds, than it would make sense to use them.
  • But...

when you cure poison with bandages, you are in cooldown and you are fucked in PvP?

and magery can be interrupted, so healing poison with manifestation isnt that easy when u are under attack?

But yes, remove mortal strike with cure poition would be cool! because i think, these abilitys are to effektive. 2(or more) on 1, you have absolutely no chance to flee or win, because of mortal strike and so on.

Thats what i am missing a bit here. The 10 minute long PvP fights where you try to kill you opponent by confusing them and so on. Atm its just ability/frost spam in a x vs y.
  • its always better to use a cure potion then heal because with poison you get a tiny heal when you cure it, instead of a full one. on lesser poisons id rather it just full healed and let the poison keep going
  • fibrosis said:

its always better to use a cure potion then heal because with poison you get a tiny heal when you cure it, instead of a full one. on lesser poisons id rather it just full healed and let the poison keep going

sure when you compare a level 75 alchemy potion to a level 10 potion....the 75 one is better

at that level you would not be using a lesser for a measly 40 hp, you'd be using a greater heal pot for 200hp on top of the 60-70 hp you'd get from bandaging the poison
  • How many greater heal pots do you see? The mats for alchemy are as o screwed up you dont find them for sale.
  • And I mean that you use a cure, then heal with bandages. You get a full heal instead of a little gimpy one
  • I have over 60 greater heal pots...and hundreds of the medium heal pot
    I really cant see anyone using a lesser
  • ragonrokragonrok Eldeir
    Bump
  • OuijaOuija Canada
    mm I could see a new potion being implemented to deal with mortal strike... but to use cure is kinda redundant. a "mortality" potion to remove mortal wound would not only solve the problem but would create a new potion for the lack luster alchemist and create some more loot to drop for crafting reagents.
  • ragonrok said:

WORTHLESS

Problem:

Solution:
    -have it cleanse mortal and bleed, that would make it powerful enough to be worth 75 alchemy

is it the only problem in the game ? game is dying man..
  • ragonrokragonrok Eldeir

ragonrok said:

WORTHLESS

Problem:

Solution:

is it the only problem in the game ? game is dying man..
    ??
    Plenty of activity when I play
  • OuijaOuija Canada
    edited April 2
    Bandaids are currently backwards (instant with a cooldown) potions would be more usefull if

Bandaids with an uninterruptable(stuttered when taking a hit or dmg making the eventual heal less effective) channel to completion and the rate at with you use one would be determined by agility(dex) would make potions usefull. It would also curb the use of bandaids on mages , Not that I think bandaid mages should be useless.
  • the fact that bandaids are instant heals is the only thing that makes 2 warriors viable against 2 mages. warriors would NEVER EVER heal synch drops if the bandaids were timed , and we would go back to the UO meta where warriros are garbage and mages are king.
  • OuijaOuija Canada
    Uo definitely had it right , any good mage could play as a dexxer and win.
  • CerynCeryn Japan
    edited April 5
    Bulveigh said:

But yes, remove mortal strike with cure poition would be cool!

+1

For the people who don't know why its better to drink a cure then use your heal macro. Healing is halved when you cure poison. Cure potions are not worthless but it would be nice for a skill based option to get around Mortal Strike. I feel like the biggest reason cure potions are bad is that they share a timer with heal potions.

• OuijaOuija Canada
    Yah they shouldn't share a timer. that should be looked into.
  • Using a cure potion should remove and make you immune to poison for a short duration. Wasting a potion cool down just to get poisoned again is MADNESS! Make Cure Great Again!
  • FiFi the Witch
    edited April 9
    I think a way to give curative potions more presence, on top of the upcoming Alchemy Expansion, is to make bandages increase health regeneration based on Healing and Vigor/Animal Lore—maybe Constitution as well—instead of allowing them to instantly restore health and cure poison.

Bandages don't have any sort of magical capabilities that allow them to instantly heal our wounds, cure poison, and resurrect, so I'm not sure why they are able to do as much. If they truly want to keep the bandages' current capabilities, they could incorporate them into Alchemy as recipes.

In reality, we dip bandages and gauzes into medicinal ointments and solutions before applying them to hasten the recovery of our wounds, so Alchemists could buy or craft bandages and combine them with a curative potion for a minor version of the potion's effect to be added to the bandage's effect:

• Any Healing Potion + Bandage = A bandage that instantly heals for lesser than the potion's tier and applies increased health regeneration based on Healing, Vigor/Animal Lore, and possibly Constitution.

• Cure Potion + Bandage = A bandage that cures poison and applies increased health regeneration based on Healing, Vigor/Animal Lore, and possibly Constitution.

I'm not too sure how to return resurrection to bandages aside from adding some sort of resurrection potion to the Alchemists' list of recipes.
  • What's crap is when you resist poison it still hits you but does half the damage per tick.
  • Ceryn said:

Bulveigh said:

+1

For the people who don't know why its better to drink a cure then use your heal macro. Healing is halved when you cure poison. Cure potions are not worthless but it would be nice for a skill based option to get around Mortal Strike. I feel like the biggest reason cure potions are bad is that they share a timer with heal potions.

I would argue that it is not effective to bandage and here is why

You only get 1 potion cooldown:
    It would be more efficient to use a bandage at half heal and a greater heal pot(200hp) than to use a cure and a full bandage
  • OuijaOuija Canada
    fibrosis said:

What's crap is when you resist poison it still hits you but does half the damage per tick.

that sounds buggy is it intentional?
    ragonrok said:

Ceryn said:

Bulveigh said:

+1

I would argue that it is not effective to bandage and here is why

You only get 1 potion cooldown:
    It would be more efficient to use a bandage at half heal and a greater heal pot(200hp) than to use a cure and a full bandage
    I feel like cure would be better if it didn't share a cooldown with the heal potion.