Laggy Choppy Gameplay After Patch Update

AresAres United States
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this issue but I updated my client today and I've noticed that my gameplay is noticeably choppy with frequent lag spikes. I even restarted my pc and router after I installed the update once I noticed the lag, but it's still the same. I've been playing with only 8GB of ram, and a week ago I upgraded to 12GB ram so my performance shouldn't be worse. Yet the game seems to be running worse now than it was when I only had 8GB of ram so I'm thinking it has to be something with the client patch? I logged in last night before the patch released and ran around for a bit, everything seemed normal. I really don't know what else to do but the game is pretty much unplayable for me at the moment other than to roam around and gather regs and what not. Its playable enough to kill monsters but god forbid I come across a PK there is no way I'm keeping up or running away with the way the games performing for me at the moment. I did however choppily venture into a dungeon just to see how a smaller map would effect the performance and the lag went away immediately, it ran smooth as butter. As I mentioned, I played for a bit with only 8GB ram, it wasn't the greatest experience but it was still mostly playable. I did tend to crash a lot. Now that I'm up to 12GB ram I no longer crash, but the choppy lag is entirely worse. That's why I'm wondering if it has something to do with the patch update?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• AresAres United States
    To explain the lag I'm experiencing in better detail, it's your standard choppy lag with sudden freezes of the game. When I move around the graphics seem to look "fuzzy", things are slow to appear on my screen like homes and so on. None of this was an issue prior to the update.
  • Ares said:

To explain the lag I'm experiencing in better detail, it's your standard choppy lag with sudden freezes of the game. When I move around the graphics seem to look "fuzzy", things are slow to appear on my screen like homes and so on. None of this was an issue prior to the update.

I've noticed that it's gotten worse as well.
  • They really need to focus on optimization its making the gameplay experience worse and worse
  • PetrPetr Czech Republic
    they typed (don't remember where), that they are working on switching to modern version of unity and that someone helping with it and this is going hand to hand with optimization and also with better frame rate. So lets hope it will be done soon.
  • All the stuff change din the patch created a worse performance for me as well. Backwards.
  • PelliPelli ESP
    edited February 3
    Same here, I get some nasty "jump" lags here and there after the update and also lots of fps drops near a map border, before crossing to another one, and at map limits. Never happened once before it.

Internet Speed : 600mb up/dw.
  • AresAres United States
    Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Although they don't fix my gameplay situation, they do make me feel a bit better that it isn't just me. Fingers crossed that they look into this problem we are all having soon.