Warrior build

Hi i'm new and i ask you which is the best warrior build.. also stats (whit full plate).
tnx

Comments

• MertezerMertezer Turkey
    edited January 28
    Recommended Build:

Skills:

1- 100 Slashing
    2- 100 Healing
    3- 100 Vigor
    4- 100 Light Armor
    5- 100 Blocking
    6. Any Skills

Stats:

Strength 40
    Agility 30
    Intellect 10
    Constitution 30
    Wisdom 30
    Will 10
  • Well with full plate you'll need heavy armor skill and per piece of armor you carry you will lose -3 agility. Agility increases speed at 30 or 45 agility. So i recommend 39 agi with full plate on.
  • tnx so much , and if i put 39 on agility, which other stats i can sacrifice?
  • edited January 29
    My warrior is
    100 bashing
    100 vigor
    100 healing
    100 blocking
    100 heavy armor
    70 manifest
    30 channeling

Str 35
    Agility 39
    Int 21 (allows me to portal.. you can drop this if you just wanna use the greater heal)
    Const 31
    Wis 14
    Will 10

And I try to wear +3 wisdom necklace and ring.
  • tnx so much
  • one more thing to skill manifest i need a spellbook????? i can buy it from a vendor or from a private vendor? tnx
  • You can buy a spellbook from either, or just take 10 manifestation at character creation to start with a spellbook plus a bag full of regs. Then you can find the spells you need through pve, create through inscription, or buy the manifestation spells you need from other players/vendors.
  • RumRonin said:

My warrior is
    100 bashing
    100 vigor
    100 healing
    100 blocking
    100 heavy armor
    70 manifest
    30 channeling

Str 35
    Agility 39
    Int 21 (allows me to portal.. you can drop this if you just wanna use the greater heal)
    Const 31
    Wis 14
    Will 10

Also, I would allocate your stats a little differently than the above suggestion. Below is what I would do.

100 bashing (or melee skill of choice)
    100 vigor
    100 healing
    100 blocking
    100 heavy armor
    35-45 manifest (for 80-95% success rate on cure)
    55-65 lockpicking/hiding, (light armor if you want any LA prestiges) or any useful skill to you. No need for channeling with 10 int and only using your mana pool to cure the occasional poison

Str 40
    Agility 39
    Int 10 (in my opinion the 11 points allocated elsewhere is much more useful to a tank warrior than being able to open a portal - buy marked runes, or run with a mage friend if gating is that big of a concern)
    Const 40
    Wis 11 - (use best wisdom jewelry you can +3's or +5's)
    Will 10
  • I think 50 strength is a must have for melee damage. It is the only bonus that ups your damage beyond 100% base to 120% base. Very potent.
  • MerkhadMerkhad London
    edited January 30

I think 50 strength is a must have for melee damage. It is the only bonus that ups your damage beyond 100% base to 120% base. Very potent.

The trade between damage output and damage taken. I guess one has to decide if he's more of a damage burst dealer or a tank. For tanking I'd stress higher stats in Const and Wisdom. Agility doesn't impact blocking and there's no evasion skill that it could be based on.

For damage burst though you'll also have the trade between pure alpha output (maxxed out Strength) and faster blows at a constant rate (Agi+Light Armor). The trade off I can see so far playing a warrior is that if you rely on your weapon ability to proc against an opponent you'll privilege speed (more chances to proc the ability) over pure damage which is a lot slower and gives you less chances to proc an ability.
  • Mertezer said:

Recommended Build:

Skills:

1- 100 Slashing
    2- 100 Healing
    3- 100 Vigor
    4- 100 Light Armor
    5- 100 Blocking
    6. Any Skills

Stats:

Strength 40
    Agility 30
    Intellect 10
    Constitution 30
    Wisdom 30
    Will 10

Crap build.
  • Merkhad said:

I think 50 strength is a must have for melee damage. It is the only bonus that ups your damage beyond 100% base to 120% base. Very potent.

The trade between damage output and damage taken. I guess one has to decide if he's more of a damage burst dealer or a tank. For tanking I'd stress higher stats in Const and Wisdom. Agility doesn't impact blocking and there's no evasion skill that it could be based on.

For damage burst though you'll also have the trade between pure alpha output (maxxed out Strength) and faster blows at a constant rate (Agi+Light Armor). The trade off I can see so far playing a warrior is that if you rely on your weapon ability to proc against an opponent you'll privilege speed (more chances to proc the ability) over pure damage which is a lot slower and gives you less chances to proc an ability.
    You're over complicating this.

Most players will avoid sustained melee damage inflicted upon them. "Most players" is derived from taking the total types of players and determining that a minority welcomes sustained melee engagement.

Melee tank (con/wis/will) don't really exist but would welcome melee.
    Melee high dex str, welcomes sustained melee
    Melee high str low dex, does NOT welcome sustained melee
    mages do NOT want sustained melee.
    archers do not want sustained melee.
    hybrid mage melee do not want sustained melee (against pure melee)

so you figure most do not want to engage in sustained melee. high dex build are strong in an ideal situation which is usually not granted in pvp as it is extremely fluid woudl requirte something that can do MORE per contact. Halberd with high str is good, agi is ok if u want stamina for ability but spending the stats in resistance would negatge the need for high cost books and go far in resisting the impact of such affects. it is definitely the road less traveled though, try trading melee hits with a high str halberd user and dex monkey wil crash in a moving fight.
  • Jahjohama said:

RumRonin said:

My warrior is
    100 bashing
    100 vigor
    100 healing
    100 blocking
    100 heavy armor
    70 manifest
    30 channeling

Str 35
    Agility 39
    Const 31
    Wis 14
    Will 10

Also, I would allocate your stats a little differently than the above suggestion. Below is what I would do.

100 bashing (or melee skill of choice)
    100 vigor
    100 healing
    100 blocking
    100 heavy armor
    35-45 manifest (for 80-95% success rate on cure)
    55-65 lockpicking/hiding, (light armor if you want any LA prestiges) or any useful skill to you. No need for channeling with 10 int and only using your mana pool to cure the occasional poison

Str 40
    Agility 39
    Int 10 (in my opinion the 11 points allocated elsewhere is much more useful to a tank warrior than being able to open a portal - buy marked runes, or run with a mage friend if gating is that big of a concern)
    Const 40
    Wis 11 - (use best wisdom jewelry you can +3's or +5's)
    Will 10
    i think your stats are the best way for a tank.
    maybe i can put 55/65 to archery i think is useful in pve...
  • Hikaru said:

You're over complicating this.

Most players will avoid sustained melee damage inflicted upon them. "Most players" is derived from taking the total types of players and determining that a minority welcomes sustained melee engagement.

Melee tank (con/wis/will) don't really exist but would welcome melee.
    Melee high dex str, welcomes sustained melee
    Melee high str low dex, does NOT welcome sustained melee
    mages do NOT want sustained melee.
    archers do not want sustained melee.
    hybrid mage melee do not want sustained melee (against pure melee)

so you figure most do not want to engage in sustained melee. high dex build are strong in an ideal situation which is usually not granted in pvp as it is extremely fluid woudl requirte something that can do MORE per contact. Halberd with high str is good, agi is ok if u want stamina for ability but spending the stats in resistance would negatge the need for high cost books and go far in resisting the impact of such affects. it is definitely the road less traveled though, try trading melee hits with a high str halberd user and dex monkey wil crash in a moving fight.

Makes sense. I'll keep that in mind for my own build. Thank you :)
  • additionally having a hard hitting melee like lancing w/halberd and high str on a mage (glass cannon) will keep fighters away as you'll move away from them but anytime you would hit them while running your doing a lot more damage than they are with their high speed low damage weapon as they can only trade single hits with u and even with low dex your ready to swing again while moving to trade another single hit.
  • Gonads and StrifeGonads and Strife United Kingdom
    edited February 1
    Think the one thing we can all mostly agree on is your better off using an actual mage character for rune marking, rather than purposely disadvantaging a heavy melee build trying to accommodate manifest along with the int needed to portal.

I like having enough manifest to occasionly pop off a cure which is all your really doing with 10 int anyway, aside from that the rest of the remaining 6th slot could be stuff like hiding, bit of wrestling. Seen a few grab just enough evocation to poison for fighting others, as it can throw someone into false sense of security sometimes.

Theres more wiggle room than you would have with say a stealth melee, or pure mage.. who basically have the same 6 core skills (though with some variants of mage you can work in some hiding/stealth too)

Honestly so long as you make peace with your choices not always being the optimal one for that particular style of play it comes down to what you prefer/feel you are lacking.

Cool thread though I went through the same thing at one point, couldn't figure out what to do with the 6th skill slot and already had chars setup for non-combat stuff.
  • Think the one thing we can all mostly agree on is your better off using an actual mage character for rune marking, rather than purposely disadvantaging a heavy melee build trying to accommodate manifest along with the int needed to portal.

Definitely, since runes are 2s a piece and a mage will be able to cast without fail beyond 80 mani he can create a batch of them for alts.

I like having enough manifest to occasionly pop off a cure which is all your really doing with 10 int anyway, aside from that the rest of the remaining 6th slot could be stuff like hiding, bit of wrestling. Seen a few grab just enough evocation to poison for fighting others, as it can throw someone into false sense of security sometimes.

Use cure scrolls, 0.0 mani and no fail plus they are everywhere, along the same line of thinking with runes being provided to warriors no need to even allocate anything to this endeavor on a warrior main.

Theres more wiggle room than you would have with say a stealth melee, or pure mage.. who basically have the same 6 core skills (though with some variants of mage you can work in some hiding/stealth too)

Mage with hiding + stealth = glass cannon due to lack of 50% melee evasion, being 100 in a fighting skill and or lack of bandage healing.

Honestly so long as you make peace with your choices not always being the optimal one for that particular style of play it comes down to what you prefer/feel you are lacking.

Yep, it is impossible with the skill/stat cap to do it all great. cuts have to be made.

Cool thread though I went through the same thing at one point, couldn't figure out what to do with the 6th skill slot and already had chars setup for non-combat stuff.

• SheermSheerm United States
    Stupid Question how can I view/redistribute my stats ?
  • Press C to enter Char screen. There you see the stats. Click on the right arrow next to the stat. You can choose Up, Down or Lock. If set to Lock you no more gain or lose in that stat. If set to Up it tries to go up when performing skills and other stuff. When set to down, it goes down as soon as you reach max 150 and it starts moving them to the ones set for Up.
    Takes time. Go here to see how to raise each stat and what they do.
    https://legendsofaria.gamepedia.com/Stat
  • SheermSheerm United States
    Thanks !
  • Is the strength worth raising up since that new str patch update?
    As if right now I'm going warrior skills.. bmws started above.

My agility gives me 50 stamina with full plat.
    40 cont.
    Will/wisdom are virtually uess.

Just curious if it's worth raising str now or is this lost before the str patch?