Loding screen at the dungeon entrance = FAIL

Two PKs wait at the dungeon starting point (after loading phase), I click the dungeon entrance and die in 2 secs. They were already looting my corpse when my loading ended.

No need to tell more. You must have got my point. This video is a perfect demonstration of how it is in game at the moment. PK is holding the hammer and we are the frogs.

Comments

• If there is going to be a loading zone then the landing place should be in a guard zone.

Place a couple of guards inside the dungeon with a small outpost - make the story that they're keeping the dungeon monsters from escaping into the wild. The guards only kill players being aggressive in this tiny zone.

But yeah, waiting for a loading screen to kill you.
    Pretty typical PK behavior in these sorts of games as all of the players who want a fair fight are in Battlefield 5.
  • DireDire Canada, UO Napa Valley pre Tram, UO SP
    Jerboa said:

If there is going to be a loading zone then the landing place should be in a guard zone.

Place a couple of guards inside the dungeon with a small outpost - make the story that they're keeping the dungeon monsters from escaping into the wild. The guards only kill players being aggressive in this tiny zone.

Pretty typical PK behavior in these sorts of games as all of the players who want a fair fight are in Battlefield 5.

I don't mind this idea but it could be easily exploited like all things.. Personally, I think the character should be hidden and no one is unable to reveal them until they move... gives them a chance to go back through the gate, or log out if there is a big gank squad waiting for them...
  • Dire said:

Jerboa said:

If there is going to be a loading zone then the landing place should be in a guard zone.

I don't mind this idea but it could be easily exploited like all things.. Personally, I think the character should be hidden and no one is unable to reveal them until they move... gives them a chance to go back through the gate, or log out if there is a big gank squad waiting for them...
    That's really a good idea. However the more you think about it, that idea becomes too good to be implemented. I mean, would you really really but really eliminate the risk of uneven combat? at the end off the day the best implementation of this dungeon entrance issue is exactly how it was in glorious Ultima Online.

Dungeon entrance is there in front of you, however it is just a black wall, one step forward you are in, you never know what is waiting for you inside and you are free to run away. There is no loading.
  • edited January 28
    Dire said:

Jerboa said:

Wouldn't that create spies that cannot be found?
    Need to escape? Jump into a dungeon and become invincible!

How would that original idea be exploited?
  • AdeleighAdeleigh United Kingdom
    Jerboa said:

How would that original idea be exploited?

Using the guards to kill monsters,

Alternate idea could be to have the load in area an invulnerable zone instead of guarded, (but guards for the story sure and deco) and like UO you walk on a tile
    to go from the invulnerable entrance area to the dungeon.
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Just give a 3 or 5 seconds invulnerability effect.
    That's been used from Atic Atac in 1983...