Copper Trading Bug

People are abusing this bug.
For example, if you have 3004 copper in your bag and you buy a reagent for 4 copper, you will have all your copper removed and get 30 silver.
This way you can avoid overweight and keep farming forever ( making the whole copper idea to become useless )
People who know this bug have merchants near dungeons and farm spots and sells 1 copper for 10 copper, or really noob items for low prices just to get the coin exchange.
Its a shame that the community likes to exploit a bug instead of trying to have it fixed...

Comments

• AnastasiusAnastasius Holeindawood
    Thx for the hint. ;)
    Isnt it allready reported many times? No need to spread the message here, because NOW the ppls use it, if they didnt know it before. Why? See ur last statement..
  • edited January 18
    The reason I'm saying this openly is because this should be fixed soon, and I didn't see recent posts talking about this.
    Just came forward to say that the number of merchants doing this is growing bigger everyday, meaning that most people know about this already...

Edit: If the GMs know about it and are looking at it, please remove this post.
  • It's working as intended.
  • I’m certain that one of the actual patches made it so that merchants gave change like vendors. Could be wrong, but it rings a bell. I’d verify, but I’m at work and don’t have time to sift through notes.
  • This doesn’t sound like a problem to me. 3000 copper is = to 3 silver.
    If people are going to farm gold, they’re going to farm gold.. and I don’t see any problem as this is the whole purpose of the game.
    If you’ve already run all the way to your house (for this vendor), what’s the difference of stock piling 300000 copper as opposed to 300 silver?
    You just want people to have to portal 20 times to get it to their bank eventually? Now that’s just mean.. shame on you!
  • You can also fill your pack with copper and click on a random house mailbox. Deposit 1 silver and it will convert all the remaining copper to silver.
  • hexus said:

This doesn’t sound like a problem to me. 3000 copper is = to 3 silver.
    If people are going to farm gold, they’re going to farm gold.. and I don’t see any problem as this is the whole purpose of the game.
    If you’ve already run all the way to your house (for this vendor), what’s the difference of stock piling 300000 copper as opposed to 300 silver?
    You just want people to have to portal 20 times to get it to their bank eventually? Now that’s just mean.. shame on you!

if that was the case why dont convert the copper to silver automatically in your bag when you have more than 1000 copper? think about it, they did the copper system for a reason, not just to make the game more complicated
    its a bug and everyone knows about it, those defending it are most likely abusing it like you
  • That’s a great idea. Hey should auto-convert :)
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Merchants and banks can change copper for silver.
    Backpacks can't magically turn copper into silver.
    Where's the bug? Works as intented.
    Maybe one day CS changes its mind and restricts change only in town NPCs, but for now it works as they meant to.
  • edited January 25
    Maybe a converting coin pouch in the future for a % fee or a weight lowering purse. Who knows what the devs will do, but for now it's in place to slow down farming gold.