First house?

Is there any advantage to owning a house other than the pleasure of decorating it? I see other players have tables set up with their wares for sale, but I don't yet have much of anything to sell. So before I try to accumulate and spend so many resources, is there a good first house for new players to buy?

Comments

• I think the first reason most people buy their first house is for storage reason, the less expensive (2g 25s)house lets you place 2 secure containers.(maybe you didn't notice but the bank has storage limits)

If you're looking for something bigger, I'd suggest the stone house tuscan (5g 52s), you can find more information on the wiki page here .
    But beware, houses are an investment - even the small ones require a serious amount of time to harvest or buy the required ressources, plan ahead.

• Thanks for the link. I haven't come close to filling the bank's storage but someday that will happen so I will buy the smallest house when I can get the materials together. Thanks again for the help.
  • I finally managed to accumulate enough silver to buy a land deed and blueprint, and then all of the Iron, Bricks, and Wood Boards. But now after wandering all around outside Helm, there doesn't seem to be any where I can place the house. The land is flat, and there are no trees on it, but I always get the same message that I can't claim that land. I see houses on the other side of roads, but there is no explanation on why I can't claim land. Has there already been a land rush, and every housing site has been claimed?
  • edited January 13
    There are still a lot of places, but most places near town roads and portals will be taken

Take some time to look around for a place you like
  • I finally managed to accumulate enough silver to buy a land deed and blueprint, and then all of the Iron, Bricks, and Wood Boards. But now after wandering all around outside Helm, there doesn't seem to be any where I can place the house. The land is flat, and there are no trees on it, but I always get the same message that I can't claim that land. I see houses on the other side of roads, but there is no explanation on why I can't claim land. Has there already been a land rush, and every housing site has been claimed?

Use the ctrl button. It will show house plot markers so you know where the land has already been taken. Some areas don't allow housing too.
  • Thanks.