What's up with gains?

So last night I decided I was going to do some meteor casts for some gains while I watched a movie. I went from 80 evo to only 81 evo in over two hours of spamming meteor and yes I was moving. I then logged out and back in and went from 81-82 in about 5 mins and the gains stopped again, I relogged again and went from 82-83 in about 20 minutes. Are gains some how tied to being logged in for too long or something? I'm so confused.

Comments

• Willy DeeWilly Dee USA
    edited January 7
    i eb 80-90
    meteor 90-100
  • I don't KNOW exactly why it's the case, but I have experienced the same issue. People have suggested various things, and I'm not sure if any of them work reliably, but I randomly start getting better gains after doing these things: 1. Logging out 2. Eating (I know hunger is disabled, still it has been suggested) 3. Rest near a hearth 4. do something completely different for a minute or two.

Right now I'm totally confused as to how I can burn through 200 reagents and not get a gain, and then do the exact same thing for 5 minutes and get 0.2 - 0.3 points in that time. But it seems like I randomly stop getting any gains at all until I do any of the things mentioned above. It's weird.
  • DramaQueenDramaQueen Россия
    BunzLee said:

I don't KNOW exactly why it's the case, but I have experienced the same issue. People have suggested various things, and I'm not sure if any of them work reliably, but I randomly start getting better gains after doing these things: 1. Logging out 2. Eating (I know hunger is disabled, still it has been suggested) 3. Rest near a hearth 4. do something completely different for a minute or two.

Right now I'm totally confused as to how I can burn through 200 reagents and not get a gain, and then do the exact same thing for 5 minutes and get 0.2 - 0.3 points in that time. But it seems like I randomly stop getting any gains at all until I do any of the things mentioned above. It's weird.

I Agree, im not understand this.
  • FallenStarFallenStar Verdantearth
    I was having the same issue with my fighter as well seems like since the last patch something has changed.
  • Have you eaten? Have you rested at an Inn?
  • FallenStarFallenStar Verdantearth
    I did make sure to check if I was well rested and I was. Before patch i was getting alot of gains while tanking a few gargoyles and greater imps at the same time. Now I'm getting next to nothing. I suppose I may have gotten too high for the area but it seemed to happen just after the patch so I can't say for sure.
  • You still need to eat for better gains, too, it seems... If you type /hunger you can see if you need to eat.
  • karmin90karmin90 Toronto, ON, Canada
    edited January 8
    yeah while I was mining I tried to count how many times of swings affect the gain and it was random... sometimes 7 swings make 0.1 gain sometimes no gain for minutes and sometimes 0.2 gains in 10 seconds.. I don't understand this neither..
    Probly better check with cooking next time

Making iron not giving blacksmith gains is kinda lame...

The character is using anvil and hammer.. XD

• /hunger will always return 3h20mins afaik. It's disabled.
  • /hunger will always return 3h20mins afaik. It's disabled.

It might be disabled (the warning), but it still seems to give better gains if you eat every so often. Better safe than sorry...
  • Pashta said:

/hunger will always return 3h20mins afaik. It's disabled.

It might be disabled (the warning), but it still seems to give better gains if you eat every so often. Better safe than sorry...
    I agree. Knowing the devs one thing is turned off, but half the code is still working in other aspects...