Early access reset

Will there be reset when game releases on steam? should i start playing now or wait until later? i dont want to lose any progress

Comments

• edited January 2
    Last official statement I heard of was no more wipe as steam release was planned for December 4th and official headstart was launched.
    So we are officially in pre early access headtsart with no more wipes! afaik

Some cry for a wipe , some for new steam servers.
    Personally i recoomend both not to do!

Many players like me and you don't want to level if they wipe again.
    If they do now , I really need to take some deep breaths. I maybe won't return soon, because i level 3 characters atm and i'm casual and want to partake in endgame PvP one day etc. and not start over again , especially regarding my tamer, but also harvesting/ crafting and building my house etc...
    I played cb and dont want my character to be wiped now and i trust the devs other i wouldnt have start playing the game now.

New Servers aren't necessary, although I would agree that this prolonged headstart plus no taxes for land is a huge advantage, but...

There is plenty of space to build a house, the "best" spots near towns are maybe all gone, but this would have happen to me anyway as i was not able to farm coins that fast, no matter if 7 days headstart or 7 weeks.
    These spots were claimed a couple of hours after servers were online. Idk for sure, but i'd say there is stil the one or another spot to build at a road not very far away from towns.
    I for myself went into the wilderness because of immersion, endgame aspects and the thrill and because i don't want to sell that much .

EU Server population is good and balance of pk/blue is also ok until.
    The server can without problems manage another 1000 players in total I'd say.
    And i doubt there will be more players coming from steam that stay.
    Imho there will be a massive influx , a shitstorm and maybe 10% of steam players will stay.
    Most players interested in this game are already playing.
    I cant speak for US Servers!

So! Please no wipe, please no new servers, because more players are welcome and although the headstart is very much prolonged I dont see the big issues some have in the long term, things will balance out over time!!!

have fun - Stun o7

• Yep... That what Stundorn said is what I heard, too.

And I think when CS change there mind and wipe it with steam launch....It will not ending well. xD
  • No wipe.
  • There are players with 2500 gold from exploiting and a lifetime supply of skill books from grinding things that can no longer be ground. A new server on steam launch is pretty much the only way this game survives. You guys can stay on this tainted turd but I'll be rerolling if steam launch comes with a new server and so will just about every player I know.
  • RiticulusRiticulus switzerland
    Big D said:

There are players with 2500 gold from exploiting and a lifetime supply of skill books from grinding things that can no longer be ground. A new server on steam launch is pretty much the only way this game survives. You guys can stay on this tainted turd but I'll be rerolling if steam launch comes with a new server and so will just about every player I know.

+1

• I would reroll as well if new server comes. A bit too much bugs for headstart imo. A wipe would be fine for me as well. But that's just me. As far as I know, no wipes planned.
  • tobi_tjtobi_tj Germany
    edited January 6
    wipe. Would that mean all characters set to zero or would that mean all character deleted entirely?
    You can wipe my belongings, my stats, but not my character please!!
  • tobi_tj said:

wipe. Would that mean all characters set to zero or would that mean all character deleted entirely?
    You can wipe my belongings, my stats, but not my character please!!

What the heck is a character with no skills, no house, and no items whatsoever?
    Just a name... That's all..
    Just take 40 seconds to make the new character with the SAME EXACT name..
    It's not like you have an ethereal bond or anything.. What does he/she do for you that can't be done with a new toon?
    I mean, really?
  • I am on the wipe or add servers wagon. one thing to headstart, another to have not paid land tax and stock plied ability from low level areas. these are both huge advantages that no longer will be available to new players.
  • 1coldone said:

I am on the wipe or add servers wagon. one thing to headstart, another to have not paid land tax and stock plied ability from low level areas. these are both huge advantages that no longer will be available to new players.

It's naive to think similar things wouldn't happen on new servers. There will be bugs, exploits, unbalanced gameplay. A wipe doesn't solve the problem.
  • RindurRindur South West
    +1 for wipe or new server available at steam launch please.
  • I think everyone wants a new server except for the dozen or so top exploiters.
  • Big D said:

I think everyone wants a new server except for the dozen or so top exploiters.

Wrong. I have a mahogany house in a small plot and 1 gm skill. I’d rather not start over. However, if they had a hardcore server with 2 characters max and no multi account use AND slower skill gain, I’d be there.

I don’t like the idea of playing with exploiters, and I think they should have their progress wiped, but my time is more valuable.
  • KingslyKingsly Blue Boar
    I'm with you on the hardcore server with 2 char max and the rest of it. I see a wipe or not a wipe as a doubled edge sword. If they don't then when a new server/s opens those exploited servers will be ghost towns and if they do wipe players lose their stuff that didn't do anything wrong. So... It's do you want a couple ghost servers or upset people about losing their stuff? I might be wrong they might thrive too but what i see now is any indication on the future, well... you can figure that out yourself. I would suggest do a major overhaul of the whole game all the way from slower gains to armor/weapons,recall back,crafting meaning something and resource gathering random throughout the world and spawn being exciting and random throughout the world too, and so on... Then players might not mind a wipe.
  • Kingsly said:

I'm with you on the hardcore server with 2 char max and the rest of it. I see a wipe or not a wipe as a doubled edge sword. If they don't then when a new server/s opens those exploited servers will be ghost towns and if they do wipe players lose their stuff that didn't do anything wrong. So... It's do you want a couple ghost servers or upset people about losing their stuff? I might be wrong they might thrive too but what i see now is any indication on the future, well... you can figure that out yourself. I would suggest do a major overhaul of the whole game all the way from slower gains to armor/weapons,recall back,crafting meaning something and resource gathering random throughout the world and spawn being exciting and random throughout the world too, and so on... Then players might not mind a wipe.

+1
  • I'd be done with the game if there was a wipe. I don't have enough RL time to start over on a new server or have my characters wiped. I've done no exploiting whatsoever in this game. Its the same reason I put hardly anytime into Closed Beta, because I don't have time to restart a character every time someone figures out an exploit or something changes in game
  • DLwhoDLwho California
    I'd love a wipe or some new servers. Please make a West Coast server!!!!
    Since I'm a new player, I didn't get a chance to get any books.
    I can't see how this game will succeed if they don't do one of the two or both for all the new people and people about to get LoA on Steam.
    This is pretty much me & another guy's conversation from the other day and I assume this conversation will happen with a lot of other new players.
    -Me "Man that was a cool ability you just did! Where do I get that?! That's a game changer!"....
    - other player with the ability "Well ya see, you can't get that ability easily anymore. You're gonna have to spend a bunch of gold to get that or get very lucky while doing a champ spawn."
  • There will be no wipe according to Dev's. And new servers only if the number of players exceed the capacity of the current servers.