Is this a role playing game?

In game, one character complained to me, I would mine his rock. He said ususally we do not mine others rocks. I am confused. Are there any rules? Wouldn't that topic be better role played? BTW: I miss the RP'ing in game. Gamers don't RP or talk OOC.

Comments

• It's good practice to not piss everyone you meet off in the game when you are starting out but it's up to you. Just remember people have friends and you can be killed by them and dry looted.
  • edited December 2018
    Most consider playing a tank, healer, dps or crafter to be their role and the only one they play - I have not seen consistent in genre role playing in any online persistent MMO in at least 15 years.

Resource nodes are not tagged or owned by design. A player can call it courtesy and many will observe it but feel free to role play it otherwise - he probably will not help make it immersive for you though.
  • Roleplaying is created by players. So kinda depends if people take the incentive, create fun events etc. This kinda thing grows organically, snowball effect. But i'm sure it'll never be like the old uo community.
  • okay didn't intend to piss someone off....
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    @tobi_tj expect almost no roleplaying at all in official servers. Yes, it's sad, but this ruleset is not designed for roleplaying.
  • after played maybe 10 hours, I must admit that I love this game. I do not regret the 30 USD for it. But there are a few things that really hurt me:
    * No RP'ing of gamers in game.
    * Some Players even remain seated on their horses while blacksmithing ?!? come on!
    * one player (probably was bored) ran circles around the smith on horseback.
    * just as I was about "okay I can ignore that" a rider in underwear suddenly appeard.
    * when I asked him what happend and if he wanted clothing: no answer (of noone around)
    * in main chat, we can find all languages. Germany, Spanish, French, English

It destroys to me a bit the nice game, regrettfully.
  • just had a nice RPing experience in game with Lord Shiva/ Widow. Great.
  • ZanyZaneZanyZane Verdant Earth
    Yeah it's too bad that on an MMO game that the Dev's want to market as a MMO the Chat system is too basic and poorly developed that no one wants to chat, that and too many AFK macroer's. Hopefully they will fix up chat a bit to make it better to use. Oh and find a way to get rid of AFK resource gathering!

:wink:
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    You will find better roleplaying in some of the community servers
  • had a great experience with Mirande Akreniz, thanks!
  • and Krebnac, too. It improves!
  • tobi_tj said:

In game, one character complained to me, I would mine his rock. He said ususally we do not mine others rocks. I am confused. Are there any rules? Wouldn't that topic be better role played? BTW: I miss the RP'ing in game. Gamers don't RP or talk OOC.

RP game in the way you use the term, no given any medium a player may freely type to communicate, RPing the expectations for RP being adhered to must be low.

Otherwise in the true sense of the term RP, yes it is, you play a character in a fictional world as you see fit within the confines of the game rules.
  • AetheriumAetherium Etherzone
    edited January 2
    from my experience so far, theres mage bots everywhere u go, afk casting i feel like the game is bound to die quick if devs dont battle that
  • edited January 3
    Most people are more into efficency than into immersion.
    There is no good Roleplay in online Games because of the gamers gaming systems and break immersion all the time.
    And developers dont care, else you couldnt open a door ob your horse or ride into a house, craft and whatever.

Already dead https://forums.legendsofaria.com/categories/roleplaying-discussion
  • Aetherium said:

from my experience so far, theres mage bots everywhere u go, afk casting i feel like the game is bound to die quick if devs dont battle that

and the fix is so mind boggling simple - don't allow offensive spells to be cast on yourself ever. I can't beat myself with a sword, bandage and become a better fighter, improving my slashing, vigor and healing. The mere ability to cast offensive spells on yourself is completely game breaking. It is incredulous that it even exists or is an issue of discussion in beta less likely an early access release.
  • tobi_tjtobi_tj Germany
    I love this game. With RP it would be better. Without, it will kill my immersion soon, regretfully
  • hekxhekx United States
    There is plenty of people willing to have fun with ya. I just started talking to people and role playing a beggar and had many hysterical engagements with bank sitters.
  • RiticulusRiticulus switzerland
    there is no roleplaying on official servers. Nobody is talking in town. There is chatchat on discord.

But you will see towns full of hiding, stealth an mage bots.
  • tobi_tjtobi_tj Germany
    this game is pretty young, though. Let's wait and see who stays in game after lets say half a year after release. I think bots and levellers will leave, RP'ers will stay.
  • maybe I was wrong.
  • There needs to be people willing and able to roleplay characters for RP to take place. If I were not bogged down with work, I'd be more than happy to stir the pot and create something. I'm sure there are others that feel the same way - just give it a bit more time. Something something hold out for a hero?