Evasion

Can somebody explain evasion ability. I have it now but when I use I cannot see any difference in changes that enemy hit me. Is it for defense or something else?

Comments

• Good question. I'd assume it's for defense. The wiki notes it's a rogue ability (https://legendsofaria.gamepedia.com/Rogue) and notes
    Increase evasion by 10 for 7 seconds.
    (https://legendsofaria.gamepedia.com/Prestige_Abilities)

Not all that helpful to be honest :frowning:
  • VandrilVandril Nazgul Isn't Actually The World First GM Animal Tamer, But He Always Votes For Hardcore
    I wonder if it's the equivalent of reducing your enemy's weapon skill by 10. Without knowing what, exactly, the hidden evasion stat does, it's really hard to say just how effective the Evasion skill is.
  • If so.....It seems to be very very ineffective. I can not even see any difference on hits.
  • I have it and I’m not impressed. Using swords. I wonder if it’s an archery based ability?
  • edited December 2018
    Let's say you are fighting 1 vs 1 in pvp. You have GM lancing, the enemy combatant also has GM lancing. You should both have a roughly a 50% chance to hit each other. When the evasion prestige ability is activated the 50% hit chance should drop to somewhere around 20% for the duration of the ability. It literally makes you harder to hit in pvp and pve. It works for archery and all melee based skills. the higher your level in said skill, the more likely you are to dodge incoming attacks by default and when evasion is active.

EDIT: Light Armor Skill and melee/ranged skill at GM.
  • Jahjohama said:

50% hit chance should drop to somewhere around 20%

Where u got this percentance?.. About skill 70-80% I cannot see any difference.

• I have it and I’m not impressed. Using swords. I wonder if it’s an archery based ability?

I have it and I’m not impressed. Using swords. I wonder if it’s an archery based ability?

i've looted it yesterday as an archer, but i think i wont use it and save the points for when i get Stun, Mark and Vanish or Dart
  • TheAntidoteTheAntidote Deutschland
    They should show and explain the Evasion skill/stats more and how its related to agility. Until this moment its just confusing to say "you will get 7 ominouse plus Evasion".
  • It works. Just try it in the arena. Just not clear how effective.
  • Totally useless in pve, please fix
  • HawkshieldHawkshield United States
    I think Evasion is a Dev specific ability
  • Did someone get some more news or informations about this skill?
    I think about to drop to 40 light armor to save 20 skillpoints and get dart.

Sounds for the moment a bit more useful.
  • Seem to be useless like the "Wound" ability, where the enemies are not snared at all...