Taming alternatives to Elk

Hi all, I've been searching for Elk, but only find one or two per zone. I try taming Great Harts and Grissly Bears in the meantime, but and landing tame on the first or second try, and not getting many skillups on them at this point (Taming 74, Lore 80). Are there alternatives to Elk between levels 72-80?

Thanks!

Comments

• Try coyote
  • ixxxoixxxo Slovakia
    I am afraid that's it until 84. GHarts, Grizzlies and Elks till you get there. Be aware of skillups, first points of tameable being tameable there are no gains of it apparently, you need to stick to what works until you start getting gains with next pet.
  • 5leepy3yes5leepy3yes Verdant Earth
    Ok, thanks for all of your input.
  • Yeah, I can confirm. You can only tame Great Harts, Grizzlies, and Elk from 60-84.6. After that, you can fight the other tamers on the server and tame one of the like 10 spawns of crabs from 84.6 to 100.
  • Try coyote is good for take 84.6
  • Where are coyotes?
    X-roads?
    Haven't ventured out much..
  • EvangelisUkEvangelisUk United Kingdom
    Tried many coyotes at 81 - alot of fails but no gains whatsoever on 10 coyote +
    Thing is even when i tame 10+ Elk i still get no gain either wtf.....
  • Tried many coyotes at 81 - alot of fails but no gains whatsoever on 10 coyote +
    Thing is even when i tame 10+ Elk i still get no gain either wtf.....

From 80-84.6 it was not uncommon for me to tame 75+ animals before getting a single gain. I think people are underestimating just how much of a grind 80+ taming is.
  • EvangelisUkEvangelisUk United Kingdom
    edited December 2018
    Guys im just gonna warn you now - Going to crabs at 84.6 is like..........the most horrible thing ever. I thought Crabs would be a step up but it is infact a humungous step down. It is the most brain dead, boring thing you will ever do. The areas are completely barren, you gain nothing from the crabs. No loot, no harvests. You wont really be gaining anything other than taming and lore here and im guessing its going to be an insane amount of time. 84.6 is the absolute bare minimum , coming here with that is like expect to fail 99% of the time. The gains so far are decent and there is less effort involved than elks/hart but man it is the most monotonous thing you will ever do.

** Add to this any competition from 1 or more tamers and its absolutely ridiculous.
  • Since last patch i'm at 78 taming and been trying to tame coyotes several different times for a hour each and not even a .1 since last patch. Did something change?
  • Eldrath said:

Since last patch i'm at 78 taming and been trying to tame coyotes several different times for a hour each and not even a .1 since last patch. Did something change?

Welcome to taming it's rough
  • edited February 6
    Taming is a hard job.

I tamed to 95 taming only great hard, elk, grizzly, gray and black wolf. After new patch I switched "sometimes" to scorpions. But not for a long time because while taming is not hard enough, there are jackasses out there that make it more hard while attacking your scorps.

I hope karma strikes back some day. xD