Anti PK guild for Azure Sky

So I was one of the first reds on server and IK theres been a lot of backlash because currently red populations way outnumber blue in the wilderness. Between that and the fact nobodies really stepped up to make a dedicated anti pk guild yet gave me the idea maybe I should just start one. I bought the game for PvP whether its red or blue doesnt really matter to me. Was wondering what everybodies take on this would be, maybe if anyone else would like to join up in getting a coalition started. Server definitely needs more PvP dedicated blues; or else all were gna see is continued population loss.

Thoughts?

Comments

• So I was one of the first reds on server and IK theres been a lot of backlash because currently red populations way outnumber blue in the wilderness. Between that and the fact nobodies really stepped up to make a dedicated anti pk guild yet gave me the idea maybe I should just start one. I bought the game for PvP whether its red or blue doesnt really matter to me. Was wondering what everybodies take on this would be, maybe if anyone else would like to join up in getting a coalition started. Server definitely needs more PvP dedicated blues; or else all were gna see is continued population loss.

Thoughts?

+1 for anti pk guild to bring out the actual pvp and not just ganking.
  • Definitely a good idea and needed.
  • Dont forget reds are also killing other reds. Just because there are more of them doesn't meant they are all on the same side.

But sure, anti pk guild is a good idea.
  • StevroStevro Perth, Australia
    +1
  • Maybe the reason is that almost all pvpers that are into this game want to play as pk's and everyone else doesn't want to pvp.
    There is one simple consistent fact across all games that try to mix open pvp and pve: pvp always forces its playstyle onto others. I left the safe zones twice and both times I was ganked within minutes. You think I want to spend my precious in-game time on things I don't like (fighting back, changing my build so I can face them, ...)? I 'd rather play another game all together.
    This is like UO before Trammel and it will fail miserably. The future of LoA is very simple: either split both ways of playing or discontinue because the remaining population will look for another game since all the potential victims will have left.
  • Maybe the reason is that almost all pvpers that are into this game want to play as pk's and everyone else doesn't want to pvp.
    There is one simple consistent fact across all games that try to mix open pvp and pve: pvp always forces its playstyle onto others. I left the safe zones twice and both times I was ganked within minutes. You think I want to spend my precious in-game time on things I don't like (fighting back, changing my build so I can face them, ...)? I 'd rather play another game all together.
    This is like UO before Trammel and it will fail miserably. The future of LoA is very simple: either split both ways of playing or discontinue because the remaining population will look for another game since all the potential victims will have left.

I mean the guarded zone is pretty liberal right now. I fee like at least..
  • Here's how I see this situation, facts from reddit post or not ect. Gingerspice and his friends where apart of a pk group which seems to have lost a lot of major players that went to form what seems to be a true pk group and according to scout reports have started to group up with each other to form an ultimate pk group 3-5+ guilds in one with their own scouts sitting in the hottest spots. It seems that Gingerspice and whomever is still loyal to him lost a very sturdy safety blanket because he can't run with those guys anymore even though I know for a fact I'm sure he'd still wish he was apart of this new ultimate pk alliance but since he can't be why not make/try a hand at making an anti pk guild. I get it and it's a great incentive but there is a major flaw in your method and this is what it is:

You're too late to do this. azure sky is pretty much going stale to dead soon and even a burst of Steam sales won't save it. There are more pvers in this game than those willing to pvp and that's a fact. Players here just want to make some money and mine or whatever and they can't even do that because they can't sell to vendors anymore so what do they do they leave. Many people from what it seems just want to get rich and have player driven economy but it's not existent here and there are many others why people in this game prefer pve over pvp. On paper this game should be pvp....? I mean everyone just runs the same setup so sandbox is completely out of the question with this title.

Furthermore some players and big guilds went to different servers all together to not be apart of azure sky and play in peace, mainly to get first dibs on everything (plot, bosses dropping skills books for everyone before it was fixed ect)

Basically you're trying to rally up a bunch of non pvpers in a soon dead server with only 3-5 pk guilds fighting each other before getting bored.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm willing to bet with confidence I am correct.
  • edited December 2018
    deleted
  • Judging by the lack of responses (even though perhaps you're getting pm's which I doubt) it's confident to say the game becoming stale and a standstill and people not being interested in pvping because this is not a pvp game and it doesn't house pvpers and even if your heart is in the right place (which is also doubtful) something like this will never work in this game as the default meta game/guilds have been set.

Let us know how you make with this. Keep us posted, if anybody reads this.
  • ChinezChinez Canada
    edited December 2018
    It's a good idea but it's pointless. My main is red and lives at Black Forest Outpost, these sweaty nerd "pk clans" legit are roaming around 6+ deep to kill one person farming fucking trees, it's hilarious. Same build, same routine every time. Just like in every other game, the PK kids have too much ego to fight each other so they bind together and split 4 bandages and a few silver between 10 of them. It's hilariously sad and no anti pk guild is going to stop it, they exploit, bug, macro at night, and do whatever it takes to be the sweaty 6x gm max stat nerds they are.
  • I was going to go red, but think ill stay blue now. Sounds fun.
  • LesterL said:

Here's how I see this situation, facts from reddit post or not ect. Gingerspice and his friends where apart of a pk group which seems to have lost a lot of major players that went to form what seems to be a true pk group and according to scout reports have started to group up with each other to form an ultimate pk group 3-5+ guilds in one with their own scouts sitting in the hottest spots. It seems that Gingerspice and whomever is still loyal to him lost a very sturdy safety blanket because he can't run with those guys anymore even though I know for a fact I'm sure he'd still wish he was apart of this new ultimate pk alliance but since he can't be why not make/try a hand at making an anti pk guild. I get it and it's a great incentive but there is a major flaw in your method and this is what it is:

You're too late to do this. azure sky is pretty much going stale to dead soon and even a burst of Steam sales won't save it. There are more pvers in this game than those willing to pvp and that's a fact. Players here just want to make some money and mine or whatever and they can't even do that because they can't sell to vendors anymore so what do they do they leave. Many people from what it seems just want to get rich and have player driven economy but it's not existent here and there are many others why people in this game prefer pve over pvp. On paper this game should be pvp....? I mean everyone just runs the same setup so sandbox is completely out of the question with this title.

Furthermore some players and big guilds went to different servers all together to not be apart of azure sky and play in peace, mainly to get first dibs on everything (plot, bosses dropping skills books for everyone before it was fixed ect)

Basically you're trying to rally up a bunch of non pvpers in a soon dead server with only 3-5 pk guilds fighting each other before getting bored.

There’s so much misinformation labeled as “facts” without any actual facts to support any of your claims. The only people claiming those “facts” either refuse to read every post on the forums and simply sticks to OMGPVP posts, and/or doesn’t play during peak times or weekends. The main 3 topics on the forums is stealth/spear, PK, and OVERPOPULATION in popular farming spots. I’ve not seen a SINGLE post about “I can’t find real players on my server”. Every time I play I’m literally bumping dicks with people everywhere I go. Every guild I’ve talked to is doing THIS VERY THING. Gearing and skilling strictly for pvp. So to say this idea won’t work because the game or server is stagnant and dying is plain ignorant. His idea may not work now because as I said. EVERY guild I’ve talked to is working on their own team that able to farm and servive in pvp. So you’d be pulling from current guilds or guildless people right now.
  • edited December 2018
    Okay. If I'm wrong I'll admit to it but I also find it somewhat hard to believe you've never pvped and never been killed since you're bumping into everyone and everything. :)
  • "speak softly and carry a big stick." Ive not been pkd or even bothered by them in the 72+ hours of play time.
  • I got killed once since i started. I was going to make a post about it on the forums to let everyone know pvp is lame, but then I realized that topic is covered pretty well.

Then I remembered I am a man. And a mans gota do what a man does.
  • Also just to clarify. I've no issues with pvp what so ever neither but I think martyrs are funny.
  • EyoniaEyonia United States
    I really endorse an Anti-PK guild.

This isn't about people not wanting PK players around, this is about the servers finally getting individuals who are willing to put in the effort it takes to create a beacon of stability and order, profit from it, and also do 'good' in the process.

I think this is a really great idea, and I'm glad someone is finally doing it: It was only a matter of time before a 'bounty hunter,' 'paladin,' or 'hero' guild of sorts popped up that deal with PKing threats, and unite the vastly outnumbered red player base.

Things like this are what make games like UO and Aria beautiful: Players forming organizations that can really shape the state of the game, and change it without anything in the game mechanics changing at all.
  • LesterL said:

Here's how I see this situation, facts from reddit post or not ect. Gingerspice and his friends where apart of a pk group which seems to have lost a lot of major players that went to form what seems to be a true pk group and according to scout reports have started to group up with each other to form an ultimate pk group 3-5+ guilds in one with their own scouts sitting in the hottest spots. It seems that Gingerspice and whomever is still loyal to him lost a very sturdy safety blanket because he can't run with those guys anymore even though I know for a fact I'm sure he'd still wish he was apart of this new ultimate pk alliance but since he can't be why not make/try a hand at making an anti pk guild. I get it and it's a great incentive but there is a major flaw in your method and this is what it is:

Youre wildly incorrect. The guys who left were never a part of the core PvE group and PvE will still be around. I want the game to succeed as well as the PvE folks. I really cant disclose much, but we are working on something big coming up.(the core PvE guys)

I left cus I want to PvP and I see the best true pvp being in blue vs red not ganking noobs, plus I have a pretty good rep on server despite them trying their hardest to ruin it. End of the day. I just wanna PvP AND be able to log in a year or two from now with a decent population still.

We have started the CPD. Celador Police Department. PvE is still very active with 30 members or so and Slogg Dobber as GM. Many from Neg I consider friends as well.

At the end of the day its a game. I dont subscribe to drama. My reddit post was mostly to clear the air before doing my own thing cus I was thinking about leaving for a few days prior. I do still have a red who ill probs roll with Slogg on, but yea, Id rather help ppl than push players away.
  • The Celador Police department is looking for deputies! We have GM BS/Fabricators, but could use crafters in the other areas. If youre interested in becoming part of an elite anti pk strike force PM me at Police Chief GingrSpice#0086 on discord. Rules are simple. 1. Be Blue. No orange or red players can join the CPD. 2. Be willing to PvP (unless you're a crafter) 3. No scamming other players or use exploits (if found with proof will result in an immediate kick) 4.Be willing to make an alt based on diff squad needs. 5. Be willing to learn. If you havent already made a PvP char we can help you with builds/combos and hold duels for practice. 5. 25% of all protection money aquired must be deposited to a GM or officer for guild funds to assist in either MATs for houses/bulk armor/wep orders or ability books for Anti Pk Strike Force Squardon.

We will be getting callouts and information from many other guilds. So while on duty be ready to move at any time. We will take advantage of the teleportation system to arrive at farm locations instantly and strike quick and with deadly precision and chemistry. While we will hold weekend events, and farm together, we will be focused on PvP

https://discord.gg/6HW9UW

PS. WE HAVE A CRIMINAL LIST AND A ANTI PK CALL OUT LIST. BOTH ARE OPEN TO PUBLIC OF ALL BLUE GUILD MEMBERS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REPORT SOMEBODY FOR CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR DO SO IN THE CRIMINAL-LIST IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CALL OUT THE LOCATION AFTER GETTING GANKED USE PK-CALLOUT; WE ARE STILL IN THE BUILDING PROCESS AND WORKING ON OUR TELEPORTATION SYSTEM; BUT PROGRESS IS BEING MADE.

Thank you from Celadors finest!

Copy paste for our g recruitment
  • This idea sounds good on paper but really having an anti-pk guild isn't going to stop pk's from doing what they currently do which will ultimately drive the blues away. Like I said in another post even if anti-pk guild got together and killed pks, doesn't matter the pk's will either come back in a bigger force or go take other spots which still results in players who farm getting killed. Now this would work if there was a price to pay upon death such as stat loss or something.
  • The Celador Police department is looking for deputies! We have GM BS/Fabricators, but could use crafters in the other areas. If youre interested in becoming part of an elite anti pk strike force PM me at Police Chief GingrSpice#0086 on discord. Rules are simple. 1. Be Blue. No orange or red players can join the CPD. 2. Be willing to PvP (unless you're a crafter) 3. No scamming other players or use exploits (if found with proof will result in an immediate kick) 4.Be willing to make an alt based on diff squad needs. 5. Be willing to learn. If you havent already made a PvP char we can help you with builds/combos and hold duels for practice. 5. 25% of all protection money aquired must be deposited to a GM or officer for guild funds to assist in either MATs for houses/bulk armor/wep orders or ability books for Anti Pk Strike Force Squardon.

We will be getting callouts and information from many other guilds. So while on duty be ready to move at any time. We will take advantage of the teleportation system to arrive at farm locations instantly and strike quick and with deadly precision and chemistry. While we will hold weekend events, and farm together, we will be focused on PvP

https://discord.gg/6HW9UW

PS. WE HAVE A CRIMINAL LIST AND A ANTI PK CALL OUT LIST. BOTH ARE OPEN TO PUBLIC OF ALL BLUE GUILD MEMBERS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REPORT SOMEBODY FOR CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR DO SO IN THE CRIMINAL-LIST IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CALL OUT THE LOCATION AFTER GETTING GANKED USE PK-CALLOUT; WE ARE STILL IN THE BUILDING PROCESS AND WORKING ON OUR TELEPORTATION SYSTEM; BUT PROGRESS IS BEING MADE.

Thank you from Celadors finest!

Copy paste for our g recruitment

Good stuff! We need this in EU :D
  • Excellent idea!! And i've never seen an organized anti-pk guild in games like this, only small group that failed at it :)

You would become very famous if Anti-PK group could ever become large and organized !! Please someone arrange this guild :)
  • anti player killer? so how are you going to do this? You do know that if you kill a killer you become a killer?

an real anti player killer is a player that dont kill players.
  • Vagbar said:

Dont forget reds are also killing other reds. Just because there are more of them doesn't meant they are all on the same side.

But sure, anti pk guild is a good idea.

Let's not kid ourselves reds only kill miners.
  • Harjar said:

anti player killer? so how are you going to do this? You do know that if you kill a killer you become a killer?

an real anti player killer is a player that dont kill players.

Oh? then this PK/Reds system is messed up.
  • edited December 2018
    You cant pk a pker and call yourself an anti pk. Anti = contrary, the opposite.

Same as in life. you cant stop the killing whit killing. Then you are contribute to the thing you want to deafeat.
  • Harjar It's pkk. Stop pretending it isn't a thing. You sound stupid.
  • edited December 2018
    Big D said:

Harjar It's pkk. Stop pretending it isn't a thing. You sound stupid.

• Harjar said:

Big D said:

Harjar It's pkk. Stop pretending it isn't a thing. You sound stupid.

still pk