Invalid userid or username

I just bought LoA and i cant login with my Userid or my email.... someone can help !

Comments

• KinopezKinopez Pennsylvania
    Same here, I'm having the same message, if I go in and out a few times, it also says disconnected from server.
  • Kinopez said:

Same here, I'm having the same message, if I go in and out a few times, it also says disconnected from server.

oki i got the same disconnected from server too... and i did try to change my password without succes... so i email citadel and waiting for a response
  • It's frustrating to say the least.

The common issues thread suggests using your UserID which is located in the LoA dashboard for your account on the website, but that hasn't worked for me, and it looks like a lot of people are having this issue as well.

The issue in question seems pretty clear though, and it's Citadel's data migration service between the web platform (where you make your account during purchase) and the game client doesn't negotiate properly with one another. All of the digging I have done around the reddit and discord have brought me to this conclusion, and the only way for it to be fixed is if someone comes in, reads a support ticket, and then manually migrates your account to the game client's registry.

This should have been addressed back in October when it looks like it had first appeared.
  • It's frustrating to say the least.

The common issues thread suggests using your UserID which is located in the LoA dashboard for your account on the website, but that hasn't worked for me, and it looks like a lot of people are having this issue as well.

The issue in question seems pretty clear though, and it's Citadel's data migration service between the web platform (where you make your account during purchase) and the game client doesn't negotiate properly with one another. All of the digging I have done around the reddit and discord have brought me to this conclusion, and the only way for it to be fixed is if someone comes in, reads a support ticket, and then manually migrates your account to the game client's registry.

This should have been addressed back in October when it looks like it had first appeared.

oki thx i have write an email but i will also send a ticket !
  • Just wanted to +1 this, i'm receiving the same error.... kinda cruddy when I want to jump in and play for the first time. Doesn't really leave a good first impression....
  • Dhaider said:

Just wanted to +1 this, i'm receiving the same error.... kinda cruddy when I want to jump in and play for the first time. Doesn't really leave a good first impression....

thx ! same here my friend
    Yeah, I got talked into downloading this, now I want to punch that guy in the face. Wish I downloaded a different game so I didnt waste my Sunday
  • Beyond unacceptable, there are threads going back 1/2 a year about this problem. I'm not interested in any excuses as to why this might STILL be happening.

Basic functionality, the ability to sell something online and associate that purchase with the right privileges to access the product is something that can't even make it to a staging server these days. QA doesn't need to sort these problems because they shouldn't exist anymore.

This is a horrible first impression. If you can't get something so basic to function correctly, what does that say about any future this company might have?
  • MorriganMorrigan USA
    edited December 2018
    I am having the same issue.
  • I will let them like 2 or 3 days to fix that because we are sunday or i will get a refund from my visa ....
  • yeah , same boat here. Convinced friends to try this, and none of them can log into the damn game.
  • HamsauceHamsauce Minneapolis, MN
    Well dang it, I should have read into the forums about this issue before purchasing. I e-mailed contact@citadelstudios.net with my issue but I doubt I'll get a response on a Sunday night...
  • Woooooooo, that is just great... I wonder if anyone told CS that if you want to have an MMO you need to have support 24/7?
    Dhaider said:

Woooooooo, that is just great... I wonder if anyone told CS that if you want to have an MMO you need to have support 24/7?

i AGREE. I wonder when steam supports thus (January 8th) if it will get any better
  • Kinopez said:

Dhaider said:

Woooooooo, that is just great... I wonder if anyone told CS that if you want to have an MMO you need to have support 24/7?

i AGREE. I wonder when steam supports thus (January 8th) if it will get any better
    Adding the complexity of linking accounts and Steam accessing through their login servers first is going to be hilarious to watch. There are over five threads about this between here and Reddit in the last four hours. A Sunday night the weekend before a major holiday.

There's also a thread about them acknowledging this bug this past March. Which means in all that time, and all these complaints, they are incapable of fixing the problem.

No reason to think they every will. This will CRATER the population and reviews on Steam, and that's probably a shame, their game will be ravaged and it won't be because of anything in the game itself.
  • I think since they just did a patch, that they might need to just restart some tasks/services running. Annoyingly though they really should have an On-call or an After-hours support contact.
  • Dhaider said:

I think since they just did a patch, that they might need to just restart some tasks/services running. Annoyingly though they really should have an On-call or an After-hours support contact.

Shrug, couldn't care less why its happening. In-game bugs, etc. are fine, it's early access. No problems there.

But being unable to log into the product I just purchased? This is the most basic, uncomplicated part of making an online product. It's the literal definition of a blocker. The fact that this doesn't, and hasn't, worked correctly and consistently for months is DEEPLY troubling.
  • About 30ish minutes (from time of this post) they have fixed the log in issue. I can successfully log in now.
    I woke up, and I can play finally
  • Same here thx
  • Sinister879Sinister879 United States
    I am still unable to Log in
  • Fix for me
  • HoldemHoldem Antwerp
    bumb why is this still an issue??