Early Access Hotfix Notes (12/10/18)

SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
edited December 2018 in Straight from the Citadel
- Back-end stability changes to address last weeks rollbacks.
- Resolved an issue with some monsters spawning outside of dungeon rooms and hallways.
- Resolved an issue that caused dungeons to sometimes stop respawning.
- Neutral guards (Oasis and Blackforest Outpost guards) now only attack players who aggress other players.
- Player vendors now exchange coins to higher level currency types when a player retrieves earnings.
- Players no longer receive crafting orders for material types they don't know the recipes for yet.
- Added material types for wooden carpentry crafting orders.
- Resolved several blueprints displaying incorrect name
- Adjusted amount of currency paid out by crafting orders.
- You can no longer use a hearthstone while overweight.
- Basic leather crafted item prefix changed to “Tanned”.
- The "Lock title" option now properly prevents titles from automatically changing due to game events, other than in the case of no longer meeting a title requirement.
- Players now receive a message when a title change occurs due to no longer meeting a requirement of the title.
- Resolved an issue where the achievement button was not highlighting at times when earning a new level in a given achievement.
- Added a confirmation window for joining allegiance mentioning the 7 day wait period to leave.
- Trade requests can no longer be made by or to a player in combat.
- Fixed placement of Trinit carpenter shop door.
- Resolved an issue with lockdowns in some houses not being properly applied to the house.
- Arrow crafting order issues resolved.
- Adjusted drop rates of hides from creatures.
- LIVE HOTFIX: Sometimes coins do not stack in bank
- LIVE HOTFIX: Dropping coins onto an object that is not coins will automatically stack it with any coins in the same container. (Disappearing gold bug)

12/12 HOTFIX: Portals to the wilderness are now always red
12/12 HOTFIX: Blue and chaotic players will receive a confirmation window before traveling to wilderness areas. This can be disabled in the karma window

Comments

• SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    very needed fixes, thx
  • Может стоить добавить новой руды,новых босов,нового дерева,нового контента для более приятной игры?
  • Salut Salut
  • KirtisKirtis Lithuania
    edited December 2018
    @Егор для начала не стоит делать машинальный перевод - это никому не поможет. Кому так уж подзарез нужно будет, гугл транслейт найдут сами. Если лень, или не хватает знаний делать качественно, лучше не делать вообще.

@Jegor - first of all it's not worth doing translation using google translate - it does not help anyone and if someone needs it that badly they can do it by themselves. If you lack desire, time or skills to do it properly, don't do it at all.
  • Was the lockpick recipe added to blacksmithing as a recipe you can actually get to learn?
  • Where is my cape and crown?
  • edited December 2018
    Hah yeah I noticed that "adjustment" to crafting orders, nice 50-60%+ nerf to the amount they pay.
  • Supreem said:

- Back-end stability changes to address last weeks rollbacks.
    - Resolved an issue with some monsters spawning outside of dungeon rooms and hallways.
    - Resolved an issue that caused dungeons to sometimes stop respawning.
    - Neutral guards (Oasis and Blackforest Outpost guards) now only attack players who aggress other players.
    - Player vendors now exchange coins to higher level currency types when a player retrieves earnings.
    - Players no longer receive crafting orders for material types they don't know the recipes for yet.
    - Added material types for wooden carpentry crafting orders.
    - Resolved several blueprints displaying incorrect name
    - Adjusted amount of currency paid out by crafting orders.
    - You can no longer use a hearthstone while overweight.
    - Basic leather crafted item prefix changed to “Tanned”.
    - The "Lock title" option now properly prevents titles from automatically changing due to game events, other than in the case of no longer meeting a title requirement.
    - Players now receive a message when a title change occurs due to no longer meeting a requirement of the title.
    - Resolved an issue where the achievement button was not highlighting at times when earning a new level in a given achievement.
    - Added a confirmation window for joining allegiance mentioning the 7 day wait period to leave.
    - Trade requests can no longer be made by or to a player in combat.
    - Resolved an issue with lockdowns in some houses not being properly applied to the house.
    - Arrow crafting order issues resolved.
    - Adjusted drop rates of hides from creatures.

You might want to change your wording and just tell it how it is.

The forums has already become a cesspool of toxicity and using the word 'adjust' to signify a nerf across the board isn't very fitting.

It's just gonna give the trolls more fuel if you don't be real with how you are changing aspects of the game.
  • Hah yeah I noticed that "adjustment" to crafting orders, nice 50-60%+ nerf to the amount they pay.

With the changes to mining and leather, it feels like they don't want people to be crafters.
  • VandrilVandril Nazgul Isn't Actually The World First GM Animal Tamer, But He Always Votes For Hardcore
    MMOFiend said:

Hah yeah I noticed that "adjustment" to crafting orders, nice 50-60%+ nerf to the amount they pay.

With the changes to mining and leather, it feels like they don't want people to be crafters.
    To me, it feels like they want crafters to sell to people instead of NPCs to make money.

I don't exactly like it, but let's be honest about how obvious the intention here is.
  • SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
    Added two more fixes we pushed out after the servers went live
  • Supreem said:

Did you fix my missing crown and cloak?
  • Supreem said:

TANKS
  • KirtisKirtis Lithuania
    Vandril said:

MMOFiend said:

To me, it feels like they want crafters to sell to people instead of NPCs to make money.

I don't exactly like it, but let's be honest about how obvious the intention here is.
    And what makes you think that "they want crafters to sell to people instead of NPCs "? First of all there is zero motivation to buy any crafted items - they are not essentially different from the initial items that a character gets at a start, items deteriorate very slow, so no need for new items too. Only thing at the beginning which might sell a bit are raw materials for those that are building houses and even this kind of trade is not very active, but it will be even less active once most of the houses will be built up.

That way all this crafting and material gathering is being pushed to the state where it will exist just in theory, but there won't be "be who you want to be, do what you want to do" aspect as in order to survive and own some land everybody will be forced to be some kind of fighter - you won't be able to make self sufficient crafter character.

This is really sad as developers wasted time on coding crafting, material spawn mechanics and they kill this aspect of the game by their own actions. Why implement crafting into game all along if you don't want people to craft? Why you wasted your time coding? Just to tel "there is crafting"? Well... there is.. and soon noone will be using it after initial tests. The worst thing that it was working (not very well, but still...) at the beginning and each update they intentionally make it worse.
  • honestly for all that think crafting is using a miner afk in helm on anvil smithing items to re-sell to npc, let me say...LOL
  • KirtisKirtis Lithuania
    Meziljin said:

honestly for all that think crafting is using a miner afk in helm on anvil smithing items to re-sell to npc, let me say...LOL

Yes, I am Laughing Out Laud too. Laughing at your comment actually, because you are commenting without even looking at what's going on in game.

OK, let's say you don't sell it to NPC... What and whom you can sell to make constant flow of money while crafting? Not a single weapon once in a while to a friend, who was too impatient to kill enough mobs to get it by drop, or a few logs/bricks/ingots to a person who wants to build his house bit faster and won't ever need these materials again. I speak about constant need in any crafted products, which would ensure a job and income for crafter at least similar to the one from killing mobs. If crafted items potentially would have way better characteristics than plain gray items from NPC or even those given at the start of the game, or at least if those would brake fast enough to need any replacement on constant basis, then yes, you could craft and look for customers among players. Now neither of this is the case. More than that - if you kill mobs, you'll have more weapons and armor peaces as drops, than you ever need or even have space in inventory - I sell most of them to NPC and quite often I don't even bother to loot them as they just take too much space in inventory...

I like selling to players, I like developing crafter and building market for my crafted products. I have done it in multiple games that use both auction system and a direct trade with players all alone... I have experience how it's being done and how it works. But all I see in this game so far is crafting being killed by design.

So in a present state of the game and considering the obvious direction of development (which comes out from actions of development team) what is the vision for crafting overall?
  • HauxHaux UK
    edited December 2018
    Hey there,

Could you explain why you reduced the hide drop rate Supreem? I'm unsure if your dev team are unaware of the HUGE imbalance you have going between fabrication & black smithing?

A blacksmith can load up multiple horses wearing saddlebags with ore - Incredibly easy to gather & then hearth. This means they can max the profession incredibly quick & craft the top heavy armor & weapons.

On the flip side, you have a fabricator who must use cotton to start with and then progress onto hides. I need my entire guild to donate leather & beast leather to me in order for me to gain any skill. I need to actually reach 70+ fabrication before being able to craft ANY 'Light armor' which requires a substantial amount of leather. Then for me to even get anywhere near +1/2 defense light armor I need to have 85+ skill and beast leather. At 85 skill it often takes me 100+ beast hide's to get .1 which is a substantial amount of hides.

NOTE: I have no problem with fabrication taking this long, I'm 100% happy with slow skills & leveling as I feel the Aria leveling speeds are too quick anyway. However, in comparison to blacksmithing it's incredibly unbalanced.

Also let's not forget to mention the 'craft all' bug which uses all your materials and doesn't return any skill. Or the anti-afk mechanism you have in place (this is just my own observations) where if your stood in the same spot crafting over and over you stop gaining skill & moving is the only thing that appears to reset it?
  • Only change i found is that horses were reduced to 2 hides. Would be nice to see stuff that takes longer to kill drop more "grizzlies". But then you hurt tamers by killing stuff they need for skill.
  • Егор said:

Может стоить добавить новой руды,новых босов,нового дерева,нового контента для более приятной игры?

Нахрена тебе новая руда, если и старая ничего толком не даёт? Броня совершенно бесполезна, что из железа, что из обсидиана - одно и то же.
    Им ещё очень много чего "стоит", в боях всё дёргается, подвисаешь на месте по несколько секунд уже после стана, куча мелких багов и недачётов с юзер интерфейсом и т.д. и т.п.
  • edited December 2018
    Vandril said:

MMOFiend said:

Big profits selling to NPCs often means big problems with botters. We already saw some of that during head start with mining in Helm. Looks like they're trying to get ahead of the issues while at the same time moving people towards player-to-player trading.

Having said that, I feel that the decay rate of weapons and armor is simply too slow to sustain more than a handful of crafters per server (depending on their output). I wore a Copper Scale BP from 30 heavy armor skill to 92 before it finally broke—and my legs/helm were still only worn/slightly worn.
  • VandrilVandril Nazgul Isn't Actually The World First GM Animal Tamer, But He Always Votes For Hardcore
    Kirtis said:

And what makes you think that "they want crafters to sell to people instead of NPCs "?

Mostly the part where they're killing profits by crafters selling to NPCs.

I never said they did a spectacular job of making a consistent demand for crafted items. Nor did I say that the system in place as-is is sustainable in the long term. What I did say was that the changes made make it obvious that they want crafters to make money by selling to other players.

Yes, crafting has its problems that will grow major in the long term if left unchecked, but dramatically profiting by vendoring all your crafts/doing loads of the simpler work orders is no longer one of them.

As an aside, I think it's important to note that you can still make a fair amount of money through work orders. I haven't even touched combat yet, so I don't know how it compares to profits gained by fighters, but it's more than enough for a house and taxes, which are pretty much the only real money drains atm for crafters. Some crafting orders, typically the top-tier stuff, tend to still give 9-13s a pop.
  • OctopusPrimeOctopusPrime United States
    Great!!! Now, if only I did not have 14 Small Fence Recipes, 10 Blacksmith Tunic Recipes, 4 silk cloth recipes...

Or how about... if you make something to turn in, you don't get that recipe back since, well, you just make 15 of them and don't need to learn it.
  • SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
    Two more items have been hotfixed this morning. Initial post updated.
  • Kirtis said:

Meziljin said:

honestly for all that think crafting is using a miner afk in helm on anvil smithing items to re-sell to npc, let me say...LOL

Yes, I am Laughing Out Laud too. Laughing at your comment actually, because you are commenting without even looking at what's going on in game.

OK, let's say you don't sell it to NPC... What and whom you can sell to make constant flow of money while crafting? Not a single weapon once in a while to a friend, who was too impatient to kill enough mobs to get it by drop, or a few logs/bricks/ingots to a person who wants to build his house bit faster and won't ever need these materials again. I speak about constant need in any crafted products, which would ensure a job and income for crafter at least similar to the one from killing mobs. If crafted items potentially would have way better characteristics than plain gray items from NPC or even those given at the start of the game, or at least if those would brake fast enough to need any replacement on constant basis, then yes, you could craft and look for customers among players. Now neither of this is the case. More than that - if you kill mobs, you'll have more weapons and armor peaces as drops, than you ever need or even have space in inventory - I sell most of them to NPC and quite often I don't even bother to loot them as they just take too much space in inventory...

I like selling to players, I like developing crafter and building market for my crafted products. I have done it in multiple games that use both auction system and a direct trade with players all alone... I have experience how it's being done and how it works. But all I see in this game so far is crafting being killed by design.

So in a present state of the game and considering the obvious direction of development (which comes out from actions of development team) what is the vision for crafting overall?
    Let me tell you, you are right, but giving the impression that crafting skill are nerfed while the rest of game is improved is totally wrong
    actually heavy armors are useless and bugged probably, combat skills are unbalanced and totally "prestige-based", because without a charge or rush u cannot kill a fleeing character
    70% of miners in helm is afk most of time with macro, just try speak with one of them and u hear an embarassing silence
    this is nocive to the game and even to you. Step by step game need a total rethinking about player-driven economy, this is only a step in right direction, a lot still missing, but its not a backward move….
  • KoolaidKoolaid Verdant Earth
    Seems there are a few people who need to take a deep breath and remember what they signed on for. This game is barely even into early access. It is by no means even remotely finished, in case that wasn't already blatantly obvious.

Now, that being said, we can see why a nerf to the amount of coin you get from NPC's is clearly a beneficial thing. For the game to move from where it is now (NPC's being the main if not only source of coin for crafters) to where we want it to be (A player driven economy that has crafters making their money from other players in need of their services) this is a change that HAS to be made. Whether it's made now or later, is frankly irrelevant.

Yes, it hurts crafters right now. A lot. But since you're willingly participating in this awesome early access title, you have to ride out that hurt until they implement the positive features that will counteract this blow while simultaneously moving the game further towards the player oriented system I just mentioned above.

You'd think everything I just detailed out would already be pretty apparent, but judging by some of the comments section, it clearly is not.
  • OctopusPrimeOctopusPrime United States
    Is not fixed on Verdant Earth.
  • Hah yeah I noticed that "adjustment" to crafting orders, nice 50-60%+ nerf to the amount they pay.

err.... they (carpentry) didn't pay that much before the nerf :/

• Can we get a fix for charge locking female characters to the ground? My character is unplayable now.