Servers Returning 3pm EST 12/10/2018

MiphonMiphon Administrator
edited December 2018 in Straight from the Citadel
All servers will be returning at 3pm EST.

To give an insight into the last few days, our team rewrote an underlying system responsible for backing up our characters to the database. We have ran this through many rounds of internal testing and live on our test server with help from you the community! All indications is that our changes have resolved the problem, but we can only know for sure when we return to full servers and a high traffic environment.

As a result of progress made in resolving this problem, we will experience rollbacks from our last shutdown. We anticipate approximately 8 hours on Azure Sky, 4 hours on Crimson Sea and 30 minutes on Verdant Earth.

We will also be deploying a tool for round the clock monitoring of the integrity of all character data. If we detect any further inconsistencies in data synchronisation we can quickly address the issue which will avoid future rollbacks due to this problem.

All servers will be monitored closely and we must warn players that there is still a possibility of a recurrent problem. We'll be on hand to tackle any emergent issues.

Thanks again for your support and your patience!

Comments

• 8 hour rollback? So much for the "minimal" rollback. 8 hours is a significant amount of time lost.
  • DubsWubbsDubsWubbs United States
    can we get a few +25 skill balls to compensate our lost time/skillgains? ^.^
  • Greatly appreciate how hard you've worked to resolve this. Must be hell having something like this hit you right after launch, and probably not made easier by the behaviour of a loud subset of the playerbase.

Just remember that the crying and whining from some, isn't indicative of how we all feel.
  • Great to hear that we're going to get back online again soon!

Thaaaaaaank you & Amazing job folks! <3
  • That's a lot of PvP for me. ;(

Great job for fixing things though, guys.
  • Will my founder's item be back? I really want them...:( Good job on fixing the server tho
  • That's lovely. I have a request, since your playerbase and servers are also located in Europe. Mind typing it out in CET/GMT as well? For Europeans its 20.00/8.00pm GMT+0, or 21.00/9.00pm CET.
  • yah boi bouta lose 2 abilities rofl, fuck it though lets get it.
  • Thanks! @Miphon!
  • Ratley said:

Greatly appreciate how hard you've worked to resolve this. Must be hell having something like this hit you right after launch, and probably not made easier by the behaviour of a loud subset of the playerbase.

Just remember that the crying and whining from some, isn't indicative of how we all feel.

+1
  • Thanks @Miphon
  • HumeroxHumerox Charleston, WV
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for all the hard work. :smile:

Ignore the snowflakes and drive on.

• Now put up one of the many new servers you said would be coming and all will be forgiven. West Coast server would be perfect.
  • AmekaAmeka United States
    Ratley said:

Greatly appreciate how hard you've worked to resolve this. Must be hell having something like this hit you right after launch, and probably not made easier by the behaviour of a loud subset of the playerbase.

+1
  • GullumGullum Yukon, Canada
    Thanks for all the hard work devs!!! Looking forward to being back on officials. (although some of the community servers are very well done!)

• MakiMaki Squibsville
    Ratley said:

And the asskissing pandering of others isn't indicative of how we all feel either.

"Every rollback we experience weighs on us heavily and we value the time our players put into Legends of Aria; we have no desire to waste anymore players time and we will not rest until it has been addressed" - Please take this seriously. "Customers suck" can be the mantra internally to help you get through the noise, but each player's pool of patience is finite. Even the superfans will not be loyal forever.
  • EyoniaEyonia United States
    Thanks guys! <3
  • UMCorianUMCorian United States
    Maki said:

Ratley said:

And the asskissing pandering of others isn't indicative of how we all feel either.

"Every rollback we experience weighs on us heavily and we value the time our players put into Legends of Aria; we have no desire to waste anymore players time and we will not rest until it has been addressed" - Please take this seriously. "Customers suck" can be the mantra internally to help you get through the noise, but each player's pool of patience is finite. Even the superfans will not be loyal forever.
    The game is in early access. When you consume a game in early access, you can't expect it to go without a hitch. If your patience is out, then leave and come back when the game is actually released... and THEN, if these issues are prevalent, go postal.

I just don't get this attitude for a game that hasn't been released yet, particularly focused on a small indie team who is doing the best they can.
  • Great news!
    We have ran this through many rounds of internal testing and live on our test server with help from yours truly!
    @Miphon Just curious, were you able to reproduce the original problem during internal testing before the fix was applied? Or was the fix applied pretty much blindly? In other words, was it a "red" -> "green" fix?
  • MakiMaki Squibsville
    edited December 2018
    UMCorian said:

The game is in early access. When you consume a game in early access, you can't expect it to go without a hitch. If your patience is out, then leave and come back when the game is actually released... and THEN, if these issues are prevalent, go postal.

I just don't get this attitude for a game that hasn't been released yet, particularly focused on a small indie team who is doing the best they can.

Telling them to take their own words seriously about players' time is hardly "going postal". Re-read it without the knee-jerk defensiveness. Their product is on the market. They're getting paid for it. They can handle some feedback, and it doesn't all need to be rose colored.

When back online, I'll be posting about bugs I find, reporting spots where we get stuck, etc. I want the game to succeed. See you in game.

• UMCorian said:

Maki said:

Ratley said:

+1

• I hope you get to enjoy a much more peaceful weekend next weekend.

Thanks for the sprint.
  • Ignore the negative comments. I have been struggling for so long to find a game that is fun again and you guys have done it. However I still feel that you should reward the player base with something small and within your control. A month of free rent to help everyone learn the game.
  • I still have the same problem takes forever or the game doesnt load when I have a character on black forest