Oceanic/Asia/Japan

I read a comment from a dev somewhere about understanding that there's a predicament when it comes to SEA servers that is... people won't play unless the server is there, and you can't afford to run a server on the possibility it will draw players..

I just bought LoA in the hope that you will one day be an SEA friendly MMO.. the market is open, its FFXIV or WOW and we are tired of them both.

Albion failed here because of the lagg, you only get one first impression guys. much love. <3

Comments

• Seconding this. Alternatively, if an Aussie has created a community server I would like to know.
  • Also hoping we get a more Oceanic friendly server
  • ReapenReapen Australia
    Yep vote 1 for Aussie server.
  • StevroStevro Perth, Australia
    +1 here, happy to start a gofundme to help raise coin to make it happen.
  • PervyPervy Perth, WA
    +1. Will gladly donate to get an Aus server.
  • Stevro said:

+1 here, happy to start a gofundme to help raise coin to make it happen.

Will definitely donate.
  • I am thinking of running a server out of Sydney AWS. I am happy to fund it for now and maybe setup a patreon to help keep it going in the long run. If I was able to commit to a minimum of 5 years of funding for the server would people be interested in a standard rule set instance in AU?
  • I have submitted a patreon page, let's see if it gets approved. Other wise I will put up a go fund me. I am committed to running a server. I can't get moving on getting it running until the Admin access is available to purchase on steam.
  • RazgarRazgar Australia
    I am from Darwin and I play on Azure and it's fine. I get 300ms but I don't notice any lag in combat or movement. Not sure what everyone else is experiencing but the performance has been amazing so far.
  • Another benefit. No rollbacks.
  • TheGreesh said:

I am thinking of running a server out of Sydney AWS. I am happy to fund it for now and maybe setup a patreon to help keep it going in the long run. If I was able to commit to a minimum of 5 years of funding for the server would people be interested in a standard rule set instance in AU?

Mate, 100%. Drop a link to patreon/gofundme and I'll contribute.
  • StevroStevro Perth, Australia
    I am still aiming for an Official server, will see how the Steam launch pans out. but yeah, happy to contribute.
  • I have submitted a request to the community program. I have setup a patreon page but I won’t share it until I am confirmed as approved to host a community server and it’s ready to play on.
  • KikiKiki karendowney@live.com
    +1 For aus server
  • Kiki said:

+1 For aus server

Ditto!
  • Hansen PerHansen Per Port Melbourne, Australia
    +1
    Following this thread with interest.
  • Any update? Tried my hand at PvP and the Red was just rubber banding all over the place then I just dropped dead. Will probably have to shelf this game if I have to play with 250+ ping
  • Its funny, I pvp'd with a red mage on the weekend and he ended up running out of mana and gave up.
    It was the first time in a long time that I could successfully pvp with 300 ping.

I'm seriously considering staying on this server now.
  • Hmm maybe it's a separate issue.

For instance, when I'm moving and cast a spell, I move about 3m backwards when the spell starts casting. Makes the game feel really unpolished and laggy.

Same with going stealth, I'll teleport backwards when the stealth initiates.

Just doesn't feel great to play, really clunky. Envious of our American/EU friends who can play yet another MMO just like it's meant to be played. It's a shame, I was sold on the community server aspect yet its looking more and more likely that it won't happen (even though I was told we'd have the ability to host AU servers)
  • Aussie here there is 6 of us in our group, none of us currently play due to lag on azure sky.