Open Beta Status Update

SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
edited November 2018 in Straight from the Citadel
We are posting much more minute to minute posts on Twitter but just in case you don't do that sort of thing, here is the latest info we have. We'll continue to post updates here as we tweet them out.

We are working on a possible fix for the problem. We are hoping to have the server back up in about an hour. We appreciate everyone's patience. This is exactly the reason we needed to run a beta on this scale. Better now than during the Head Start!

Comments

• kickerkicker California
    Is it up yet?
  • not as of 2 mins ago.
  • VampirissVampiriss CDN
    edited November 2018
    some things to fix

Your message after trial has ended, should not link you to the old shardsonline page that no longer exists fix now fast you will lose subscribers

Taiming - max pets should never exceed 4 pets at a time - guys are running around town with 8+ horses in tow

animals should have name plate colors changed to reflect if they are aggro or docile - at least in the noob area around town - again to keep new players

client still crashing randomly
  • Vampiriss said:

some things to fix

Taiming - max pets should never exceed 4 pets at a time - guys are running around town with 8+ horses in tow

it's a bug, and even funny, because the owner is an npc who is roaming all around the town….
  • VampirissVampiriss CDN
    edited November 2018
    Meziljin said:

Vampiriss said:

some things to fix

it's a bug, and even funny, because the owner is an npc who is roaming all around the town….
    Did not know that npc bug,

But on top of this saw a guy with 6 Bears at the Bandit campe just free farming the Bandits as they spawned - seems a bit OP i think - be a taimer free money
  • My character could tame 5 horses with not even that high of a skill, so I think the 8 horses aren't all that strange.

From what I've read taming is done by slots, and since some creatures take up 8 slots just on their own, and horses are 1 slot, it's completely possible.
  • kicker said:

Is it up yet?

I don't know if i should expect head start to begin this evening or tomorrow. "The 27th" has already advanced my adhd skill a few dozen points.
  • kicker said:

Is it up yet?

I don't know if i should expect head start to begin this evening or tomorrow. "The 27th" has already advanced my adhd skill a few dozen points.
    I'm curious to know this as well. I know there will be plenty who will miss out on this, work or just not knowing. Status still says open beta though.
  • and servers are down.... i could atleast play for an hour or so ...
  • Communication on an ETA for servers being back up would be much appreciated.
  • XavyaXavya United States
    edited November 2018
    I just bought the game... am I not going to be able to play till the 4th? My husband was on late last night, so I am confused. :(

--- Not a problem, servers are up.
  • SylasSylas Poland
    edited November 2018
    eu server crashed :(

EDIT

again crash, why we experience constant crashes on EU server 20 crashes per day ??? any update on that would be nice.
  • Supreem said:

We are posting much more minute to minute posts on Twitter but just in case you don't do that sort of thing, here is the latest info we have. We'll continue to post updates here as we tweet them out.

We are working on a possible fix for the problem. We are hoping to have the server back up in about an hour. We appreciate everyone's patience. This is exactly the reason we needed to run a beta on this scale. Better now than during the Head Start!

Read the above - are you really keeping us updated ?????
  • Cant authenticate now? Got kicked in a dungeon really hope this gets fixed I'm probably coming back to nothing.