Novus Opiate Seclorum: Redux

Greetings!

To all those who may be interested, a group of old school UO players have began development of an Ultima Online themed server. Unlike other UO style servers we are primarily focused on the old 'free shard' style of gameplay that was found on servers like the original Novus Opiate Seclorum. NOS was based on the Sphere .51a server program and we also feature many of those elements such as:

- Revamped magery spells, all the old UO favorites and more...
- No skill cap (You can GM everything!)
- No Stat cap (You can earn up to 100 in each stat!)
- Sphere .51a style combat
- Weekly scheduled (and and also spontaneous) PVP events
- Immersive world with lore and quest lines created by seasoned Game Masters
- Unique weapons and abilities
- Bi-monthly updates with new features and enhancements
- Upgraded guild system
- Open PVP with full loot
- and a bunch of the old NOS staff you didn't even know you missed!

The server is ran by some of the original NOS staff who are dedicated and very excited to recreate the amazing time in gaming that was, Novus Opiate Seclorum.

As Legends of Aria gears up for official release we too are in development mode and doing our best to finalize details for the official launch. With that said you can expect a limited environment while we test and work out the kinks but we welcome anyone who is interested in working with us to test and develop this unique server. Feedback and Suggestions are welcome as we aim to make this a server developed by players, for players who desire that old school UO style of gameplay.

If you're interested in playing or helping with testing, join our discord and contact either Admin Khi or Admin Muska for details. Our discord server information is:

Discord: http://novusredux.com/discord

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Muska

11/26/18 - Edit: Updated Discord Link

Comments

• [Admin here] - We will be open today with a limited region set in *beta* mode. Official opening/full features detailed are planned for Dec 4th.
  • Can u give details about: - Unique weapons and abilities ?
  • edited November 2018
    So we have added some unique skills into the game that give different abilities when fighting. There is also revamped spells/spellbooks to allow new spells to be casted. We have in the works more unique weapons, armor, potions and more...all reminiscent of the old UO days
  • Will you have a custom map eventually as well?
  • I want to thank everyone who has logged in to check out the server so far. The staff have been very active with the server...continually tweaking things, fixing bugs, adding new items and hosting Tourney's. We have seen a steady influx of a lot of players stopping by to check us out and I hope to see many more of you guys soon.

If you're at all interested in the server or had any questions....stop by our Discord channel (posted above) and give us a shout!

• SatelliteMind: We plan on having custom regions, but only as an extension to what exists currently. We will not be building a Brittainia for sure, but custom event and quest areas are in the works.
  • I was interested in this until I read you can max out every skill and stat.

No thanks....
  • MhikhailMhikhail United States
    Started playing on the server a couple of days ago and enjoying it. It's nice seeing 4-5 people blacksmithing in helm, instead of 100 :) And I like a lot of the little changes.
  • glad to have you all on board and hope most stick around even after the official servers go back up. its nice to see everyone active and enjoying the game
  • MhikhailMhikhail United States
    Muska said:

glad to have you all on board and hope most stick around even after the official servers go back up. its nice to see everyone active and enjoying the game

It was funny, i started playing one day, town is pretty empty. Next night it's busy and there is an announcement about a new record for players online.....i had no clue that official servers were down. I'll be sticking around after they go back up. :)
  • Muska said:

glad to have you all on board and hope most stick around even after the official servers go back up. its nice to see everyone active and enjoying the game

Aye! Whenever a new incarnation of NOS is born - we will be there, because we remember.
  • BEST...SERVER...EVER. I love the world you have put together. It is so nice to be able to craft and fight and not worry about being killed by a bear when im chopping trees or mining..or whatever. I feel like this evens the playing field for blue, orange and red player alike. Who would have thought it. A ruleset that makes the game FUN....not a chore. Thank you so much for putting this together and keep up the good work. Me and my friends have left the official server...FOREVER..lol
  • snitwit said:

BEST...SERVER...EVER. I love the world you have put together. It is so nice to be able to craft and fight and not worry about being killed by a bear when im chopping trees or mining..or whatever. I feel like this evens the playing field for blue, orange and red player alike. Who would have thought it. A ruleset that makes the game FUN....not a chore. Thank you so much for putting this together and keep up the good work. Me and my friends have left the official server...FOREVER..lol

Thank you! We will continue to bring you guys the best playable experience we can and are happy to have you guys aboard.

• Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we have been hard at work with the server and appreciate everyone who has checked it out so far. We love hearing from you guys so please, check out our Discord at www.nos.gg/discord

Stop in, say hello and feel free to drop any suggestions, questions or comments in the channel. We have much more content coming, stick around!

Thanks guys,

Muska
  • If anyone has not checked out the server yet, give us a try! We have been hard at work making updates, tweaks and patches to set our style of game play apart from what you will find anywhere else. If you'd like any more information, or just want to come by to chat, please check out our Discord at www.nos.gg/Discord

See you soon!

Muska
  • Been a week since i posted last. You guys are still doing a great job. Keep up the good work. Seems like more and more people are joining this server every day.
  • RiticulusRiticulus switzerland
    This server is awesome
  • ValhalValhal Copenhagen
    The same server where Probe were admin?
  • Valhal said:

Yes sir!
  • Happy New Year
  • ValhalValhal Copenhagen
    Muska said:

Valhal said:

Yes sir!
    Nice!

I can't remember how many years I played on that server before going OSI. Enjoyed that very much :D
  • Well if you havent yet, pop in our Discord and say hello!
    www.nos.gg/discord
  • This is the best server in the game hands down. I wouldn't waste your time on any offical server or other community server. This is it RIGHT HERE!
    Deadmau5 said:

This is the best server in the game hands down. I wouldn't waste your time on any offical server or other community server. This is it RIGHT HERE!

I agree.

• SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    edited January 7
    Updated info:
    http://loa.aldor.es/?accion=server_view&id_server=11
    You guys got a better banner to put there?
  • Hi Sacha, here's *a* banner...
    This weeks update is awsome. Finally Archery works, and the new skills like detect hidden and marksmanship are great!

Thanks for the work and passion you put into this!
  • This is the best LoA server!
    Thank you for it!
    I have a little suggestion to improve it:
    -Can you increase too much (but too much) the difficult to obtain tresure maps?
    To make treasure hunting more interesting, and exclusive. And make maps a trading object.

Thank you so much for your work!
    dirfinyu said:

This is the best LoA server!
    Thank you for it!
    To make treasure hunting more interesting, and exclusive. And make maps a trading object.

I suggest you put that request in discord. There is a Wbc (would be cool) section

• Riticulus said:

dirfinyu said:

This is the best LoA server!
    Thank you for it!

I suggest you put that request in discord. There is a Wbc (would be cool) section

Done!
    Thanks a lot!