Latest news - Open Beta Weekend and Early Access Timeline

Israel_CSIsrael_CS Citadel Team Administrator
New announcements!

https://www.legendsofaria.com/steam-early-access-launch-timeline/

https://www.legendsofaria.com/open-beta-weekend/

Everyone, feel free to discuss stuff here! We are super excited to provide an open beta for the holiday weekend and timelines for everyone to use to plan their sojourn into Celedor!

/verklempt

Comments

• From where i can download client?
  • Will open beta include access to community servers?
  • NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    Excited! Our guild and streamers are ready to rock come release :)
  • So, is there a server wipe before early access/release, or is this Open Beta Weekend the beginning of everything?
  • Of course there is a wipe of the test this weekend.
    Persistence starts on Nov 27.
    I’m assuming for those of us who’ve had beta and NDA access, we won’t have to sign up for the open beta?
  • Looking for an early access guild? Looking for raiding, pvp, and progression. Any recommendations?
  • Sylas said:

From where i can download client?

+1 ?
  • MorphMorph [DJs] - Denmark
    @Israel_CS

A few follow up questions:

When will we get our steam key? So we can loaded it into steam and be confident that everything works.

When will we be able to start the download?

Now that we launch from steam, will the seperate client also be ready for launch, so we can use multi accounts 27th? and will his be availeable under our account on this loa site?

Looking forward to hearing from you :)
  • Avernus said:

Sylas said:

From where i can download client?

+1 ?
    +2
  • Dcdoc45Dcdoc45 usa
    edited November 2018
    When and where is the client available. Don't wait until the day of the start of beta to let us download the client. Some of us live in the sticks and it takes a loooong time to download the client so we have very limited time to login to the game.
  • I think it would be great if we could get our steam keys to preload the client for nov 27th - this weekend would be a great test phase to hash out problems - you don't want players trying to get access and finding out there are issues on launch day

but the questions that are already listed above are the top questions - it would be great to get these at least answered
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Dcdoc45 said:

When and where is the client available. Don't wait until the day of the start of beta to let us download the client. Some of us live in the sticks and it takes a loooong time to download the client so we have very limited time to login to the game.

But the final client is probably not ready yet.
  • Israel_CSIsrael_CS Citadel Team Administrator
    The standalone client on our website will be permanently available. You will be able to download it before the headstart, most likely the morning of. We will distribute Steam keys once we have concluded our internal metrics and we are confident they work correctly. That will be closer to the Dec 4th date, most likely day before/day of.

If you want to convert your standalone account to a Steam account, you can do so on after Dec 4th.

Times for download links will be announced as soon as we finalize them! ;)
  • MorphMorph [DJs] - Denmark
    Israel_CS said:

The standalone client on our website will be permanently available. You will be able to download it before the headstart, most likely the morning of. We will distribute Steam keys once we have concluded our internal metrics and we are confident they work correctly. That will be closer to the Dec 4th date, most likely day before/day of.

If you want to convert your standalone account to a Steam account, you can do so on after Dec 4th.

Times for download links will be announced as soon as we finalize them! ;)

Thanks, now i got my second account as the stand alone client can be launched twice.

Btw, will you keep updating this client, im just curious, as you have no "patcher" beside the steam platform. Wouldnt you need to upload a new client over and over for a full download each time, if we do not use steam?
  • edited November 2018
    This is Testing and will most likely NOT be the the same server for open beta (but the same client might work - verified download and log in with this client)

From the discord channel:
    @everyone We need help testing our installer and client for open beta. If you want to help do the following:

1) Download the installer - http://cdn2.legendsofaria.com/LegendsOfAria-0.8.2.exe - (downloads will be slow initially as the CDN populates its cache servers)
    2) Install and connect via IP to? 162.210.192.20:5001
    3) Play
    4) Report any major issues you find here (once Miphon has unlocked the channel)
  • Hi all,
    I have some serious questions about this Open Beta Thing.

1) When I click to the register for Beta button I'm forwarded to a page were it sais that this is only for new accounts. No Client-Download-Button, no more information about the Beta at all. So where do I get the Beta-Client ?!

2) After a little rechearch I found, after login to the site, on my dashboard a downloadable client, with version 0.7.1b, and it sais that the servers are offline and the Beta ended in Octobre?!

3) Here you post a download-link for a newer client-version 0.8.2 and say that its maybe the client but its not sure.

So the resulting questsions out of this 3 points are:

1) When exactly will the Open Beta starting ? There is the date 11/23 but no time
    2-2) Which is the right client ?

I mean shouldn't there be a direct download link at the Beta-Registration-Page ? Instead of this confusing only for new accounts thing ?

Regards
    Arkon

P.S. In hope for a quick and clear solution so that I can use the full beta time ;-)
  • tibatiba Londrina
    Hello people, i dowloaded client directly from the site.

When i open the game, not appear any any server, but if i had a " ip server " and put i can connect on "Legends of Ultima Community Server"

Now im trying reinstall the game with a 0.8.2 client, my friends are confused too...

Dont had any official server to test? Only community servers?
  • When I try to install the 0.8.2 client on my Win10 it sais its a dangerours file and prevent it from running. The 0.7.1b client-installer can be startet without such error message. Why?
  • exclude the client from antivirus, install, put ip like above and play…

that is all, stop forcing things harder than they are, it is really simple to follow the instructions

p.s. Arkon omg 0.7.1b or 0.8.2, its the second one….
  • can i get a official answer from a dev please. Are we allowed to stream this weekend for the early event weekend test?

thank you
    edited November 2018
    Kaosfury said:

can i get a official answer from a dev please. Are we allowed to stream this weekend for the early event weekend test?

thank you

Unless they specifically use the acronym NDA, then yes. Since it’s open beta, I doubt they’ll bring in NDA. I’m not sure if the top LoA streamers plan to stream before the headstart, but they might. I am waiting till headstart myself, but Gunsway and Oxfurd May stream beta.

• thanks for the reply
  • RevellusRevellus United States
    Has it still not began?
    No, it’s 5pm eastern time.
  • AeternaAeterna Netherlands
    Nefarious said:

Kaosfury said:

can i get a official answer from a dev please. Are we allowed to stream this weekend for the early event weekend test?

thank you

Unless they specifically use the acronym NDA, then yes. Since it’s open beta, I doubt they’ll bring in NDA. I’m not sure if the top LoA streamers plan to stream before the headstart, but they might. I am waiting till headstart myself, but Gunsway and Oxfurd May stream beta.

They updated the "my account" page to specifically say it's NDA-free.
    So feel free to stream or record!
  • Something wrong happen ? Can't log in...
  • Same can't log on. Been waiting sooooo long.
  • Someone else have a problem to see any servers on game ?
  • C0KA said:

Someone else have a problem to see any servers on game ?

Yep