World Creators Guide

TovrinTovrin Australia
edited November 2018 in Community Server Discussion
Folks,

Are there any articles, web pages, wikis whatever that can get you started with world creation? The kinds of things I'd like to know are:
* what's the ideal tile size for the terrain?
* what tools are people using within Unity?
* what assets do people recommend and is there a limitation on assets?

That's a start, anyway.

Cheers.

Comments

• NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    edited November 2018
    Are they allowing custom maps now?
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    All this info is normally restricted to admins and covered by NDA
  • NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    It wouldn’t matter anyways. I believe they have a specific set of tools, and the game function/files that are only distributed to community admins. Without the base server software, there’s nothing you can really do.
    You're right. You need the server and the toolkit.
  • Sacha said:

You're right. You need the server and the toolkit.

Where are
    They will be available again somewhere after Steam
  • TovrinTovrin Australia
    edited December 2018
    Sacha said:

All this info is normally restricted to admins and covered by NDA

Can I at least get some BASIC, VERY BASIC information? There's so little information available, it's impossible to make any plans at all! I have the world concept in my head but want to start building the terrain at least.

Currently, all I want to know is the recommended/optimal dimensions for a Unity tile and what is the world size for each unit? eg if using a 1024x1024 terrain tile, does that mean it's 1024 metres in length. I just need that basic information if I'm going to start building terrain.

I'm using World Machine to build my terrain. I need to get an idea what tile size I need to "slice" the terrain to so U can import it into Unity and start working on doing terrain fine tuning ... like locations for asset placement, region borders, flattening areas for roads, villages and player housing ... and so on. I don't need the specific LOA tools right now. I just want a head start on getting ready for the tools when they get available.

Who do I have to talk to? Who can I contact? I'm happy to sign an NDA if I need to. I've been wanting to start for over a year, but it seems to be completely closed to very few who are "in the club house".

I wuold suggest trying to contact any CS staff in Discord or email them directly.
    I don't think answering the tile size question wuold go against NDA.
  • contact@citadelstudios.net