Steam Announcement - Early Access Dec 4th!

Israel_CSIsrael_CS Citadel Team Administrator
Here is the link to the news article! Also, check out the front page for the new official trailer and Role videos!

https://www.legendsofaria.com/legends-of-aria-launches-on-steam-this-december/
«13

Comments

  • Woot woot! Awesome work CS Team! Cannot wait!
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111ONE
  • Awesome News! :smiley:
    Will there be an EU Server at start?
  • Arthis said:

    Awesome News! :smiley:
    Will there be an EU Server at start?

    I hope so also :D
  • NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    Great news, though I was hoping for a November launch.

    Will there be a final test phase? If so, when? I seemed from reading there would be OCT 2, but that day has come and gone.
  • Will there be a Pre-Order for Steam too? Since it's Steam Early Access... I'm asking since i wanna pre-order it using my country currency.
  • Nefarious said:

    Great news, though I was hoping for a November launch.

    Will there be a final test phase? If so, when? I seemed from reading there would be OCT 2, but that day has come and gone.

    to me more specific, the official release is in November 27 (or 28), due to the headstart for pledger...
  • NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    Meziljin said:

    Nefarious said:

    Great news, though I was hoping for a November launch.

    Will there be a final test phase? If so, when? I seemed from reading there would be OCT 2, but that day has come and gone.

    to me more specific, the official release is in November 27 (or 28), due to the headstart for pledger...
    Okay, I thought Dec 4 was the head start date. I’m so excited to have my progress matter, that tomorrow isn’t soon enough! Haha!

  • LeirvikLeirvik United Kingdom
    All aboard the hype train - toot toot!
  • Washington DC – October 4th, 2018 | Today, Citadel Studios is proud to announce that its flagship sandbox MMORPG Legends of Aria will be coming to Steam Early Access on December 4th, 2018. The wait is finally over, and the world of Aria is almost ready to be explored by all. All those who pre-order the game between now and December 3rd will be able to take part in the 7-Day Head Start and obtain all of the other Founder’s Packs bonuses, including the chance to lay claim to their own plots of land and build their homes before anyone else.
  • NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    I kind of wish the headstart had a cut off that was sooner. If 100K people last minute purchase, the head start is kind of meaningless.
  • @Nefarious yes, that is my biggest gripe with the head start is that we will be pretty much getting a head of maybe 10 people.

    They should have had a dead line, like "Pledge before Jan 1st 2018 and be the first group of founders to play the game for 7 days ahead of everyone else".

    As it stands right now, aside from a few people who couldn't pay under the payment options available due to the country they live in...everyone will be in the head start. So it is just a matter of carrying out the promise made of having a head start, not that having it has any meaning anymore.





  • SetimuSetimu Indiana, USA
    The head-start got me to purchase $90 worth of game today. You guys have to think about where the devs stand. Also, the Steam release will bring a lot more people than you seem to think. Just be sure to hype it up on Steam once you get the Steam key! The playerbase will flourish.
  • NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    Setimu said:

    The head-start got me to purchase $90 worth of game today. You guys have to think about where the devs stand. Also, the Steam release will bring a lot more people than you seem to think. Just be sure to hype it up on Steam once you get the Steam key! The playerbase will flourish.

    We will see. I’m hoping for an influx, but not to extreme. I know it was mentioned by one of the devs that right now they want a gradual growth, rather than just storming in and outgrowing their capabilities to quickly. I can see the reason.
  • Slow and steady would be awesome. Im already dreading the land rush as it is, having to compete with you lot for a decent plot is going to suck. Im a slow gold farmer hehe.
  • Nefarious said:

    Setimu said:

    The head-start got me to purchase $90 worth of game today. You guys have to think about where the devs stand. Also, the Steam release will bring a lot more people than you seem to think. Just be sure to hype it up on Steam once you get the Steam key! The playerbase will flourish.

    We will see. I’m hoping for an influx, but not to extreme. I know it was mentioned by one of the devs that right now they want a gradual growth, rather than just storming in and outgrowing their capabilities to quickly. I can see the reason.
    Yeah, the way they left the game after the last Beta, I really don't think there are enough mobs to support more than a couple hundred players at a time, especially during the initial skill-up/grind-for-gold crunch.
  • NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    Linthu said:

    Slow and steady would be awesome. Im already dreading the land rush as it is, having to compete with you lot for a decent plot is going to suck. Im a slow gold farmer hehe.

    I think you’ll be fine as long as you just focus on what you want. Sometimes moving to fast leaves you with more errors. We used to say in the Army, “Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.”
  • NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    Squid said:

    Nefarious said:

    Setimu said:

    The head-start got me to purchase $90 worth of game today. You guys have to think about where the devs stand. Also, the Steam release will bring a lot more people than you seem to think. Just be sure to hype it up on Steam once you get the Steam key! The playerbase will flourish.

    We will see. I’m hoping for an influx, but not to extreme. I know it was mentioned by one of the devs that right now they want a gradual growth, rather than just storming in and outgrowing their capabilities to quickly. I can see the reason.
    Yeah, the way they left the game after the last Beta, I really don't think there are enough mobs to support more than a couple hundred players at a time, especially during the initial skill-up/grind-for-gold crunch.
    I think populating the map, adding spawns, and new champ spawns is a major focus at the moment. Atleast, that’s how I feel they are portraying their focus.
  • AeternaAeterna Netherlands
    beater07 said:

    @Nefarious yes, that is my biggest gripe with the head start is that we will be pretty much getting a head of maybe 10 people.

    They should have had a dead line, like "Pledge before Jan 1st 2018 and be the first group of founders to play the game for 7 days ahead of everyone else".

    As it stands right now, aside from a few people who couldn't pay under the payment options available due to the country they live in...everyone will be in the head start. So it is just a matter of carrying out the promise made of having a head start, not that having it has any meaning anymore.

    I myself just bought the pre-order as I don't have a lot of time for gaming in general, but love this kind of game and actually find myself with some time for gaming at the end of November.

    You still have all the experience and knowledge from the CBT, which is absolutely invaluable edge compared to us new players, even in head-start.

    I'm just looking forward to a good stable server-launch at this point, head-start's can be a good way to measure the the load and work out any kinks.
  • NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    Its a pretty fun game. I hope you have tons of fun!

    Happy Gaming!
  • edited November 2018
    do you release different languages with the steam head start?

    ps: i cant change my username here ( its locked ) ... only the email contact?
  • Hello,
    When to expect the Steam Keys and how do we will receive them?
    (I'm sorry if I missed the correct topic for my question)
  • NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    It will likely be via email just before head start.
  • А есть ли точная информация , для раннего доступа , игроки с ранним доступом начнут 27 ноября или все же 4 декабря??
  • Early Access Head Start should begin on 27 November. Haven't heard much in the way of specifics (like a start time) yet from CS, however, assuming they expect to meet their deadline.
  • Israel_CSIsrael_CS Citadel Team Administrator
    The Steam Early Release date is set in stone. That means the 7-day headstart date is also set in stone. To ensure the maximum amount of hands-on for our Early Access and headstart releases, we will most likely choose EST business hours, afternoon-ish for the smoothest ride for all involved.

    I have a specific time now, but I want to release it once we are 100% positive we can commit. Right now my gut tells me we are sitting on a solid 98.72% certainty.
  • Now the real question is do I take the entire week off or still go to work on Monday?
  • Israel,

    Do you guys have plans for the worst case scenario where the first few days of headstart are nothing but downtime and rollbacks? Many head start participants like myself, are hoping for a mostly stable headstart where we can actually get, you know, a head start. So curious if the head start ends up being a nightmare what your plans are for that. Or will it just be a 'sorry, it is what it is' kind of a thing?

    Some people cant take time off work for a game and if their few hours of head start time end up being server down time or the time that they did get was rolled back, that would be quite the disappointment.

  • beater07 said:

    Israel,

    Do you guys have plans for the worst case scenario where the first few days of headstart are nothing but downtime and rollbacks? Many head start participants like myself, are hoping for a mostly stable headstart where we can actually get, you know, a head start. So curious if the head start ends up being a nightmare what your plans are for that. Or will it just be a 'sorry, it is what it is' kind of a thing?

    Some people cant take time off work for a game and if their few hours of head start time end up being server down time or the time that they did get was rolled back, that would be quite the disappointment.

    that's probably the reason why we are in nda test right now :)
  • Israel_CSIsrael_CS Citadel Team Administrator
    Our plans are to make the game run smoothly, the servers to be robust and our staff to be attentive and quick to react to any changes and challenges that come our way. Should unfortunate events occur, such as rollbacks; we will adapt to those challenges based on the cause of the problem.

    It's hard to say, let alone reveal, how we will handle critical situations until they happen; which we don't want to happen in the first place. Also, not being the technical cornerstone of this endeavor, I would defer to one of the smart folk on the team to decide if and how we would discuss critical contingencies.

    I might not always be clear, but I am always transparent! ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.