Valus Invasion Event this Saturday 8/25 @ 4pm - 6pm EDT

TeufelTeufel Aria
edited August 21 in General Discussion
The city of Valus will be under attack, and if we can fight them back a portal will open to a special raid dungeon. Monsters in the dungeon will drop special tokens. Gain 10 and you get a special lizard hat and 400 loyalty points.

Lets crash this thing!

http://www.legendsofaria.com/valusinvasion/

Comments

• I'll be there!
  • Excellent!
  • edited August 25
    A lot of ppls have problem with starting hours, so there is a time table for US / EU.

US
    16:00 EDT
    20:00 UTC
    EU
    21:00 GMT

http://bit.ly/2BNvYM8

(Yes, there're differences as in UTC time and official news [should be 8:00 UTC, no 9:00, or maybe my calcs are wrong])
  • PetrPetr Czech Republic
    The easyest way is to copy the event to your google calendar from here
    https://www.legendsofaria.com/community/

you will get auto transition to your time and in most situoation to you cell phone with notification :smile:

Can game administrators receive some special visual efect and for us tool to follow on this forum? If i missed it I will be glad for help. On first check I thought this is a troll comment, until I received a direct mail from CS :smiley:
  • SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
    edited August 25
    Here are the items you can get during the event when you turn in the tokens:

1xGM skill token. (1)
    Train a prestige ability. (1)
    A stat gain potion. (3)
    AoE Bomb (5) - Does 1000 damage to all mobs around you
    Glass Sword (10) - Does 5000 damage every swing and has a 1/3 chance to break

• Here are the items you can get during the event when you turn in the tokens:

1xGM skill token. (1)
    Train a prestige ability. (1)
    A stat gain potion. (3)
    AoE Bomb (5) - Does 1000 damage to all mobs around you
    Glass Sword (10) - Does 5000 damage every swing and has a 1/3 chance to break

So would we need to collect 30 tokens in total?

20 for all these items + 10 for the loyalty reward?

Or would 10 for the loyalty reward be enough, and then spend them?
  • SupreemSupreem United States Administrator
    Ya you just need to earn 10 total. What you spend the tokens on is up to you and has nothing to do with the actual participation credit.
  • and do you have to loot to get the tokens?
  • I haven't played since the last server wipe.

Can newbie characters still get the tokens? :worried:
  • Will the official LoA Twitch channel be streaming this event today? I hope so!
  • edited August 25
    Bad idea to spawn the monsters in town. At least let us know where they will be starting from so that those of us in town can get out from the middle of the mobs and not lose the stuff we were bringing to the fight behind doors we could no longer access because of the mobs/bodies around it.
  • My experience so far. Logged in and got killed right awa, spent the next 30min punching stuff cause no idea where I can get new weapon, armor, or bandages. Finally got bandages but the button is greyed out, so I relog, but stuck in the loading tunnel and cant get back in game. Hope the event goes well for rest of ya
  • Got kicked off at 2pm PST. Can’t get back in for the last 15 minutes.
  • edited August 25
    Pretty much a constant cycle of disconnects on the very slim chance that I even make it past the login server. For the whole... 30 seconds I have been able to be in the game I have seen 1 other player.

*was finally able to get in*
    *and disconnected again, I do hope the fix the issue and extend the event*
  • I wanna play and get more tokens :(
  • edited August 25
    I can't even login let alone get tokens...

• I got in for a bit and there’s a bunch of people in corruption. But it keeps booting me out.
  • sdyarissdyaris United States
    keep getting kicked out... Lame.
  • sdyarissdyaris United States
    Now my character is gone along with the whole 3 tokens I got..
  • I'm confused. I had like 25 tokens but the event is over and now I don't have any. When were the tokens supposed to be used? I thought they were for after the event.
  • Kendall,

No the event was an isolated instance. You were supposed to spend the token during the event.

The only thing you get to keep permanently is the hat post wipe.
  • That was fun. I think I had 25 tokens at the end. Lizard hat!
  • Also, if you logged in and got booted before you got your 10 tokens, just send an email to cs. You will still get your hat at launch!
  • Great event!!
  • Shame the tokens do not persist after the event, I got logged out partway through the event and tried getting back into the game for 30 minutes or so before deciding to call it a night.

I had earnt 17 tokens before the game logged me out in the middle of Valus, and I strongly suspect I would have died to something whilst I was trying to log back in. Do I still qualify for the lizard man hat if I had earnt 17 tokens, or did you need to be holding 10 or more tokens when the event ended?
  • After turning in to the twitch channel (after the first server crash) I heard that this was a quickly planned event just to see what kind of server loads the system could handle. Somehow even when I read this in the initial post for the event, I was still thinking 'marketing event'.

Thanks for the twitching the event live, helped to make everything clearer as to the purpose of this test. Looking forward to the next one. :)
  • I had a blast watching the stream as well. Nice work Citadel!
  • The server completely disappeared from the list after i got kicked.
  • Netherem said:

The server completely disappeared from the list after i got kicked.

Yea, it crashed a couple of times and at one point the database got corrupt, but that was the point! It sounds like it was a good stress test.

If you were on but didn’t get your 10 tokens for the lizard hat before the crashes started, please send an email to contact@citadelstudios.net and you will still get your lizard hat!
  • Teufel said:

Netherem said:

The server completely disappeared from the list after i got kicked.

Yea, it crashed a couple of times and at one point the database got corrupt, but that was the point! It sounds like it was a good stress test.

If you were on but didn’t get your 10 tokens for the lizard hat before the crashes started, please send an email to contact@citadelstudios.net and you will still get your lizard hat!
    I managed to get 11 tokens, and then 8 tokens on a 2nd character when it was instant death in Valus.

We were also told that everybody who got the 10 tokens would receive an e-mail to inform us that we completed the goal, however I haven't received any e-mail, so I am unsure if I will get the hat or not.

I am glad the event crashed / lagged the servers, and if it was a success that's great. The devs kept using the words "this is awesome, this is amazing" in respect to the lag / crashes / overwhelming number of players in a small area...

But you have to understand this developers, going forward. As a player, it was an absolute mess, we could barely even login to the server, let alone do anything when we were logged in, all desperately trying to attack things to get tokens without crashing again or dying. I'm not salty, and not complaining - but there was nothing about that event that was "awesome" except the ability to max your skills instantly - but after that, we were unable to actually go about our business and make use of them, making it completely pointless.

Flooding them with e-mails regarding a hat you may, or may not receive before giving them a chance to get the hat just seems like a little too anxious or impatient. Even players who were able to login but not collect 10 tokens should still get the hat, because everybody who was attempting to login, logged in, attacked mobs all participated towards the server issues.

TL;DR
    Events are suppose to be fun.