Noob question

How many official server there will be ?
And what will be the rules ?

Comments

• This information is yet to be determined, no one knows.
  • @Zopek I would advise to read the forums very carefully - timeconsuming but important
    CS changed a lot these last months, so noone knows where it goes atm. Information is very scarce, transparency of the company much worse than in ShardsOnline-times, newsletters try to picture the game to be on a good way, the official answers are also to be taken with a lot of salt - going back on their word or delivering drastic changes is common.
    With the latest changes (features) like Karma system and the whole PvP debate - open world or not - and all those restrictions, I can´t suggest new players to throw their cash blindly.
    Make your own assumptions and decide.. if you´re some UO vet, maybe the very UO-like community server LoU is an option. CS has parted ways with the UO nostalgic quite a bit.

just my 2 cent ;)
  • edited February 2018
    This sound not really good..
  • HavoKing said:

... Information is very scarce, ...

I think we can agree it might be scarce but I don't know if I would go so far as to say it is 'very' scarce. And I also agree that players should make informed decisions about a game!

Look at us making history, agreeing on more than disagreeing!? :P

@Zopek - you can read some of the latest directly from the devs right here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LegendsOfAria/comments/80xn5q/from_the_citadel_i_am_derek_supreem_brinkmann/
  • edited February 2018
    @Veronica thought you didn´t want to talk to me/us anymore..lol
    don´t try to fool new players about your already bad reputation..

@Zopek You need to read this thread to sort out the fanboys from the critical gamers:
    https://www.legendsofaria.com/forums/discussion/5687/
    and some older ones from the past 3 weeks to understand Veronica

Here, some quick info about the game from Devs:
  • @Zopek In the past Supreem has mentioned if the official server AzureSky gets to crowded they will probably open up a EU server at that point. Beyond that they may have to open up additional mirror servers. As a side note when they did have a US and EU server running in Shards Online you could port to either server you wanted to. I assume this will be the same way when official servers continue to grow.

They did run a official permadeath server but no mentions of it has been stated since it went down in January 2017.
  • @Zopek The question was asked and answered in today's reddit AMA.

"We plan to launch as many regional servers as we need to support the demand. We want to be careful not to open up too many servers and spread the official server population too thin. However, I'm almost positive there will be enough players for a US and EU server at Early Access Launch. Additionally, the ability to transfer characters between servers is a feature that we hope to have implemented at some point in the future." - Supreem
  • Personalty I hope they will be a RP permadeath server.
  • HavoKing said:

@Veronica thought you didn´t want to talk to me/us anymore..lol
    don´t try to fool new players about your already bad reputation..

I actually have a pretty good reputation with the community and I've been helping players pretty much around the clock, so I'm fairly secure in my position with the community as a positive, contributing member. But hey, if you're feeling artsy you just go right ahead and paint whatever picture you want Picaso, I know reality isn't your strong suit.
    HavoKing said:

@Zopek You need to read this thread to sort out the fanboys from the critical gamers:
    https://www.legendsofaria.com/forums/discussion/5687/
    and some older ones from the past 3 weeks to understand Veronica

Anyone can see any users post history by viewing their posts and comments. But I bet you feel like King $hit of Turd Island for pointing that thread out? That was before I realized you were a troll. I'm nice to everyone except you and Victarion, and I gave you both opportunities to make peace but you refused. So screw you both! You actually do share some useful information with players. Too bad your such dick to everyone it doesn't matter.
  • Veronica said:

..You actually do share some useful information with players. Too bad your such dick to everyone it doesn't matter.

+1 now QQ
  • Zopek said:

Personalty I hope they will be a RP permadeath server.

The idea sounds fun but it gets old real fast once the novelty wears off. You and 2 other people might like it, but you're in a very, very small minority of players within a niche, independent game.

I haven't tried perma-death in LoA though, so maybe I shouldn't knock it before I try it. Maybe we'll get one, maybe not - you could always open up your own community perma-death server.
  • edited March 2018
    Unfortunately It almost impossible to have a RP permadeath + PVP server because they are many pvp player who are just grieffer and have fun to annoying other and dont care about RP maybe if the GM made a drastic player psychology investigation before accepting him and use the ban-hammer every time a griefer do it just for the "lolz" without a logical RP interaction. So yes I should turn to community for this one.
    But at least I beg we can have an official pve one.

Other noob question :

Where I can find a gladiator trainer ?

I m actually at the extreme south ouest begging city (sry I cant remember the name) the only one I have found is the rogue trainer.
  • MichelliaMichellia Ottawa, Ontario
    Valus roof of bank