Has anyone tried multiboxing 2 or more accounts on LOA

Just curious if it works and what the results were if it was tried.

Comments

• do you really expect an answer? here? ..rofl..
  • LoULoU Legends of Ultima
    I'm using 2 or 3 accounts simultaneously quite often, but not on the normal map.
    The client slows down after a bunch of zone changes, so it's not really feasible right now for normal gameplay.
  • NefariousNefarious Community Server Admin and Subreddit Mod
    It’s doable on a heavy machine. I wouldn’t try it on your average college students laptop....
  • TalonTalon Pacific Coast
    HavoKing said:

do you really expect an answer? here? ..rofl..

shush you:)
    I was thinking this could be a PK nightmare since it is a huge force multiplier. Could work against Pk's too.
  • I guess they are allowing multiple accounts? This always opens the doors to huge exploits like kill trading, spying etc.
    Talon said:

I was thinking this could be a PK nightmare since it is a huge force multiplier. Could work against Pk's too.

Hard to effectively PvP this way though. Seems like a lot of stress on a player with to little reward/advantage.

Nefarious said:

Talon said:

Hard to effectively PvP this way though. Seems like a lot of stress on a player with to little reward/advantage.

I dunno I remember about 10 years ago or so a boxer in Wow won the 5x5 Arena division used to see him in Alterac valley a lot prior to to that. He was running shamans a lot of people were pissed but Wow allowed it.

I think they are a regular feature now - when I was playing it was unheard of used to see maybe one or two a month in the wild.
    How the heck does someone control 5 Shamans? Lol. Unless using an illegal app/addon, I just don’t understand it.
    There are apps that allow you to control that number and more. Wow does not deem it illegal.
    blizzard facilitates and permits players to buy additional accounts and does not rule against them using those additional accounts to simultaneously control more than one character.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761647240?page=3
    I know there were multiboxers in Uo later after i stopped playing - same company that does the boxxer app for Wow was initially doing it for UO as well.
    I get using multiple accounts, but how would get get off 5 frost shocks short of botting?
    Its not considered botting if you press one button for 5 characters.
  • Most games will not allow you to control multiple characters with one key press. It should not be allowed here either. Talk about game breaking.
    I'm not advocating for that Talizzar but its happening in a lot of games actually probably more than you think.

Its gonna suck if you get hit by a boxer mage who precast and does the same spell on you 4-5x's per hit.
  • People are/were doing it in AA. Some got booted others stayed.
    Talizzar said:

People are/were doing it in AA. Some got booted others stayed.

Has citadel come out with a position on boxers?
  • edited February 2018
    @Talon lol.. and it´s not a PK nightmare, since most ppl using it are Gold-farmers.. then some PKs and PvE solo-players
    Anti-PKs? no, not if they have some pride.

@others: it´s not as easy as some of you think.. it works yes.. but Unity is not made for multiple instances of a gameclient. as @LoU stated - performance is bad after some active playtime

[DISCLAIMER] I´m not going to write a guide to circumvent the systems, but I´ll give a few facts:
    Multiboxing works(!)
    -it´s not very efficient atm
    -unless you understand the basics of scripting and botting - forget it!
    -most players will have to wait for a "tool"
    -without special scenario settings and fitting hardware config it still won´t work great ;)

.. also there is ways to counter this
    Lol Havoc did you just come out?... after telling me "do you really expect an answer? here? ..rofl.."

Love ya dude or dudette which ever way your gender boat floats :)
  • no worries, I do understand you have no brain.. crap-talk in this thread alone shows
    so I stated facts for the others you´re trying to scare ;)
    keep up the good work bros
  • gwarthamgwartham Devils of Kimone
    HavoKing said:

@Talon lol.. and it´s not a PK nightmare, since most ppl using it are Gold-farmers.. then some PKs and PvE solo-players

@others: it´s not as easy as some of you think.. it works yes.. but Unity is not made for multiple instances of a gameclient. as @LoU stated - performance is bad after some active playtime

[DISCLAIMER] I´m not going to write a guide to circumvent the systems, but I´ll give a few facts:
    Multiboxing works(!)
    -without special scenario settings and fitting hardware config it still won´t work great ;)

Rofl.....do you even know what your talking about?
    edited February 2018
    !
    damn phone dbl post

• gwartham said:

HavoKing said:

Multiboxing works(!)

He clearly doesn't after reading that ridiculous disclaimer where he's trying to sound like some guru who understands the 'widely unknown mystery' behind multi-boxing.
    The game is not supported but that doesn't mean you can't get help running it if you wanted to: ISBoxer
    edited February 2018
    also there is ways to counter this
    Only counter we ever had to this in Burning Crusade was mind controlling the main character off a cliff and killing the rest of them after that.

No cliffs in this game or mind control lol
  • edited February 2018
    gwartham said:

HavoKing said:

Multiboxing works(!)

I was thinking the EXACT same thing lol. They sound like an idiot while trying to sound like a guru (and this isn't the first time).

Multi-boxing isn't difficult or hard.

Multi-boxing isn't illegal, and quite a few games openly allow it because it increases their profit. Whether CS allows it, or just permits it by not 'policing' it, keep in mind that boxers can sometimes get banned for their behavior in game.

ISBoxer is what I use for boxing in games but it doesn't currently support LoA. Which means some features of the software may not work, or it may not work at all and you may have to get help from their community if you don't know what you're doing.

Boxing can be done without it but it uses even more system resources.
    Am thinking they are mixing macro bottting with Multi Boxing. mind I have seen Pole running bots on here already picking cotton already.
    HavoKing said:

3x BS ;)

nah it was definitely a bot pickin' cotton. never moved off the same pattern even when there was a pile of cotton to still pick.
    HavoKing said:

3x BS ;)

Ya know its quite possible, at this point even plausible, that you sir, are not the end all be all fountain of knowledge you think you are....

Do you even know what a multicaster is?

I'm a terrible scripter but even with basic macro software I can make a macro where I run a square picking cotton if that was my thing.