Is this game pvp open world like Albion online ?

Where some place I can get tank by other player and loose all my stuff . If yes , no thanks for me

Comments

• SpyborgSpyborg United States
    Then this isn't the game for you.
  • MalystryxMalystryx California
    edited January 2018
    The whole game is open PVP with a caveat that if you are attacked in most areas the guards will come and help you particularly if you're close to a guard tower. If someone PK's enough times they are flagged red. As an initiate starting out you won't lose anything if you die.

On the other hand there are some areas of the game where the guards won't help you but the trade-off is you can get rare loot and can harvest better materials there. So it's a risk versus rewards scenario; you can avoid that area all together and just buy the materials you need from other players (at a high cost) if you want to risk getting ganked.
    They're a lost cause for LoA, since most of the fun comes from that risk factor.
  • KravenKraven United States
    King said:

Where some place I can get tank by other player and loose all my stuff . If yes , no thanks for me

I have no idea why these other guys want to fuck with you but no, you'll be safe at all times. This isn't Albion Online.
  • HelzbelzHelzbelz United States
    Is there an insurance system like UO added in 2003 or does everything you're carrying drop on your body when you die like UO had pre-pub 16?
    You won't be safe at all times. It's a matter of if you choose to stay in a safe zone or not. However, even with the guards if a group of players feel like killing you in a city, they will kill you in a city at the expense of their own death. And yes, this is also a full loot PvP game, like Albion where if you die all of your items and equipment will drop on the ground.
    Spyborg said:

You won't be safe at all times. It's a matter of if you choose to stay in a safe zone or not. However, even with the guards if a group of players feel like killing you in a city, they will kill you in a city at the expense of their own death. And yes, this is also a full loot PvP game, like Albion where if you die all of your items and equipment will drop on the ground.

Is there a timer between when people cannot loot your body and can? Like in UO if I died in Trammel I had x amount of time to get back to my body before someone could loot my corpse.
    I don't have the exact answer to that, but if I had to guess it would be yes. Playing UO I don't think anyone had an issue with that system so I don't see why it won't be implemented here.
    Spyborg said:

That's a good point I suppose. Have you witnessed people committing suicide like that a lot?
    I saw it a lot in UO but this is my first time stepping into LoA, so I don't actually know how often it happens in game. Again if I had to guess it's more of a griefers style of play.
    edited January 2018
    Spyborg said:

I saw it a lot in UO but this is my first time stepping into LoA, so I don't actually know how often it happens in game. Again if I had to guess it's more of a griefers style of play.

Ah I see. I watched an hour long video last night where the guy did a good job of explaining how everything works. He never mentioned anything about griefing but then he was in a guild so maybe that makes a difference. It'd be nice if PK was more political and less grief which is the impression I got last night but maybe someone here that's played a lot can comment on that.

On that note I wonder how many official servers there will be.
    Malystryx said:

Spyborg said:

Ah I see. I watched an hour long video last night where the guy did a good job of explaining how everything works. He never mentioned anything about griefing but then he was in a guild so maybe that makes a difference. It'd be nice if PK was more political and less grief which is the impression I got last night but maybe someone here that's played a lot can comment on that.

Hey can you link that video you are talking about?
    Helzbelz said:

Malystryx said:

Spyborg said:

Yeah for sure.
    Malystryx said:

Helzbelz said:

Malystryx said:

Spyborg said:

Yeah for sure.
    Thank you sir.
  • SmokifiedSmokified United States
    King said:

lol....
    Helzbelz said:

Spyborg said:

Is there a timer between when people cannot loot your body and can? Like in UO if I died in Trammel I had x amount of time to get back to my body before someone could loot my corpse.
    lol @ trammies
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    King said:

Yes in the official server.
    But community servers have diferent rulesets.
  • OmmamarOmmamar United States
    Well the problem with all these answers you are given and that video is it is based off Final Alpha, the Beta announcement indicated adjustments had been made. So my advice is wait until the patch notes and beta client are released. I expect it to be full loot with PVP in the majority of places but until I play the client and read the patch notes I don't know. Oh and it has been a bit but when I did try Albion Online the PVP was regional so it was possible to not go into PVP areas and just play against the PvE aspect.
    Smokified said:

Helzbelz said:

Spyborg said:

lol @ trammies
    You can LOL all you want. I went from subbing maybe a few months at a time between 1998 to 2000 to 100% of the time for 3+ years when Trammel came out. So yea you can LOL all you want the sub numbers doubled because of Trammel. O and BTW 2 of my best friends in game were the top 2 PVPers on Catskills in Wrexsouls and Pathos. I was more of a crafter than a PVPer though I did have some fun in PVP.

The Truth is there are a lot of People who dont give a rats ass about PVP and when you try to force PVP like AA or MO you will have a dead game with PKers crying that no one wants to fight 10 vs 1. O and BTW I PVPed way more in SWG than I did in any other game. 2 reasons why. The Flagging system was built in such a way I never had to worry about being PKed on my crafter and I can ignore 30 imps in a city thinking they are tough when only 2 rebels are around. The next being it was more enjoyable when a player run base was unprotected and it was an 80 vs 80 person battle.

You need to learn from PVP based games. Just look at AA, where you would have 500 pirates sitting on Freedrich and a few weeks later after people realize its a waste of time to even go there you have 500 bored pirates sitting around doing jack shit. Why? Because the risk is too high when there is no chance what so ever of turning a pack in.

O and BTW I am more interested in a game like Ashes which yes is a PVP based game even as a crafter. Why? Because the gankfest BS is going to exact a heavy price on PKers who just grief players. Also its not a full loot system, though PKers can have a debuff that risk all their gear on them for bad play. O and I am more willing to take part in objective PVP than UO PVP. There was no Objective in OU PVP, just kill people take their shit which again drives players away.

Again you can LOL all you want the facts are there why people stay away from full loot PVP games. Part of me wants LoA to be a good game, but another part wants nothing to do with full loot systems. I dont have countless hours today like I did when I did when I was 18 years old to risk losing hours worth of work. Again this is why AA for me didnt work out. It could have by making a few small changes, having a few dozen spots like Freedrich. Having a better crafting and no P2W system.

Anyways coming from someone who is on the fence about LoA and would love to play a UO like game again. The current rule set of PKing loot system is just too much and will keep players away. Now I know this sounds bad but why not have 1 non PVP official server for crafters and allow characters to move between these servers with their goods. Or better yet put a few systems in game that help out non PVPers like a Bounty hunter system. A Guard system, I can post on a bulletin board looking for X amount of guards and they have to keep me alive X amount of time for Y amount. If I die they lose that money and X amount of their money. Also Karma should reduce a players combat effectiveness.

Exactly the kind of triggered response I would expect from the kind of person that needs a trammel to exist.
  • edited January 2018
    I played some games were we REDs were the best guilds and good guys upholding law ;D
    lawful evil is just not common in typical mixed pvp/pve games

more systems to keep everyone in check = more pain for everyone and empty servers
    AA withered because of the retarded gear system, not the PvP
    HavoKing said:

I played some games were we REDs were the best guilds and good guys upholding law ;D
    lawful evil is just not common in typical mixed pvp/pve games

more systems to keep everyone in check = more pain for everyone and empty servers

Yes, the point of UO before Trammel existed was the idea that the community would use their imaginations and utilize the game mechanics to balance things out. If there is a horde of reds terrorizing miners, why not go into town, organize a mob and go kick their asses? Instead complaining ensued, and the world digressed into a dark period of absent intelligent making games like WoW successful.
    Kraven said:

Not really. I use to run packs to FreedRich all the time until it got to the point you seeing 500 pirates on the island because it was so much easier to camp an NPC then it was to find people out on the water. This same shit happens today. Camp the NPC trade in points between continents is what still happens today. PVP is nearly dead in AA because of P2W and 1 large guild runs each server. There is 0 risk vs reward there because people that are not in the large guild just dont take any risk and it kills the game.
    Smokified said:

Exactly the kind of triggered response I would expect from the kind of person that needs a trammel to exist.

I am trying to have a logical conversion with you; you are the one who seems incapable of having one and are the one who is triggered. You are not doing LoA any favors by the rose tinted glasses because you really do. UO T2A was not as grand as you say. My best friends on catskills were the 2 top PVPers on the server and no one screwed with me. One I am still best friends with to this day. Him and I are talking about LoA, but like me he sees the same Risk vs Reward flaws in LoA as was in UO. There is no Risk for a PKer to attack a person Mining around the mountains of Minoc. The PKer will win 100% of the time, Gate out after taking the loot they can take. The Only time PKers will be at risk is when a person like me has my friends with me.

Here is the problem. Both of us were in our teens in 1998. We had no kids, no life and yes played UO for 40+ hours without stopping. No Joke. Today we both have kids, family and other responsibilities. We might only get 2 or 3 hours a week if we are lucky to play together. So why would I risk going out farming if a person even in a green zone can kill me before a guard whacks them and their friends take my shit? There is no risk vs reward period.

Again Ashes gets this right and is why both of us see Ashes as worth waiting for an LoA worth skipping even though LoA looks like what we want outside of the risk vs reward system. O and BTW he is a PKer.

What I am asking of you is really think about the system you are supporting. In the end if LoA has a low population like MO what do you think you will be doing when you have 0 people to fight because the population is low. The Truth is it does not have to be WOW like, WOW is a terrible game to compare LoA to. However, SWG, Ashes, and ArcheAge are and each of these games has things you can learn from.

• full loot pvp games a death sentence waiting to happen - making full pvp will cause almost any game to fail from the start - not saying i'm against it, just stating the facts
  • Smokified, your arguments are sound except for one flaw:

In a real world situation, yes, people would band together to eventually overthrow the groups of roaming marauders that are causing grief to the community.

But in a video game, people do not LIVE in the world full time. They will simply move on to greener pastures by finding a different game.

This inevitably leads to the barren empty world problem that seems to occur in games that do not put a large risk towards those DOING THE KILLING.

There is no other conclusion, because in the end, it's simply easier for a person to change what they play.

In a real world, you cannot just leave the planet and start elsewhere.

In video games, you can, and people will.

Smokified, your arguments are sound except for one flaw:

In a real world situation, yes, people would band together to eventually overthrow the groups of roaming marauders that are causing grief to the community.

But in a video game, people do not LIVE in the world full time. They will simply move on to greener pastures by finding a different game.

This inevitably leads to the barren empty world problem that seems to occur in games that do not put a large risk towards those DOING THE KILLING.

There is no other conclusion, because in the end, it's simply easier for a person to change what they play.

In a real world, you cannot just leave the planet and start elsewhere.

In video games, you can, and people will.

This is 100% true. That does not mean that Risk vs Reward does not have to exist because it should. If I as a crafter can still get PKed in a green zone while working on my skills by IPAWNALL and ILOOTALL takes my shit before I can get it back, how is that Risk vs Reward. I will just play another game. Again I think Ashes gets Risk vs Reward right from what they told me. I would only lose a percent of my resources, a PKer risk everything on him and then some. The reason being is no longer today do players banned endlessly together. Again my best friend in UO who would come here with me who was an untouchable PVPer would protect me here, BUT thats only a small percent of the time we can schedule time together and play. Even a game like Sea of Thieves looks appealing because there is a risk vs reward system there plus an OP person cannot destroy another's ship and crew.

Helzbelz said:

Kraven said:

PVP is nearly dead in AA because of P2W...
    That's what I said
    momodig said:

full loot pvp games a death sentence waiting to happen - making full pvp will cause almost any game to fail from the start - not saying i'm against it, just stating the facts

This is True. Look at MO and AO. Full Loot PVP just does not work for large segments of the MMO Population anymore. And yes I played UO and was 100 times happier with Trammel. Though I could do with an Ashes type PVP type setup.