My attitude towards pvp (video)

edited November 19 in Screenshots and Videos

Comments

• edited October 2017
    snipe sure is hitting hard :O, but it has 4s cast time, guess its ok
  • they should nerf mage again, so we could all play with backstab and hit for 245. Best pvp ever
  • edited October 2017

245 from a backstab without the need of a t3/4 weapon, seems fair... noticed how he had a cast time to use backstab and could be interrupted... and how u could put stats into wisdom to block his backstab damage, oh no wait, u cant do that.

Vartazs said:

they should nerf mage again, so we could all play with backstab and hit for 245. Best pvp ever

No one in that video is wearing a dagger, the melee guy near him was stunning him with a mace, the other guy was on a horse and the damage most likely came from the bow guy in the back sniping him.

Can you people please stop blaming everything wrong in this game on backstab, it's getting ridiculous.
  • IrukandjiIrukandji united states
    proves the point beyond a discussion now though, gankers mark thier names fined their homes..and for the fn love of god ALWAYS kill the heals fist eve if yer buddy dies LOL...fn low lifes find that shit fun.. irk will find U
  • @Opal
    No one in that video is wearing a dagger, the melee guy near him was stunning him with a mace, the other guy was on a horse and the damage most likely came from the bow guy in the back sniping him.
    Can you people please stop blaming everything wrong in this game on backstab, it's getting ridiculous.

You are the smart one I see. :). Pern just kept Pummeling. While Crass cooked up the kill.
  • The fact that LoA is attaching player combat to damages beyond half life is astounding. If I attached some damage numbers from UO, I may sound insane. But let's throw this out there. Most of the pvp in UO came from mages. Simply put, you could access the damage levels at a far greater level. Not only the spell damages, but a lot of it came from casting times and ranges. Don't forget spell recovery. The majority of pvp should be based around these modest principles. It's what made UO great. The reason there is shard after shard that still exist to this day is because of those. Some shards had it down to an exact science. PvP was locked down on certain shards to where battles lasted 10-20 minutes, even 1v1 and 2v7s would go on for 20 minutes. And don't get anyone wrong, this wasn't the case in REAL UO shards. REAL UO had weird damages. They were a concoction of 56k users and the user's ability to come up to speed to the best players.

After years and years of guild combat and testing, free shards began to feature the main combo, Energy bolt and Explosion, only doing 23-27 damage each. Axes? Same numbers, if not less. These were important numbers that kept the dream alive. The timings just made sense. This was on ALL END-GAME/exceptional inventory. Magic weapons and armor simply didn't have that large of an effect, only an advantage. I'll break it down for anyone that is curious how UO end game was handled on an even level.

regular weapon - damage 0
    Level 1 magic weapon - damage +1
    Level 2 magic weapon - damage +3
    Level 3 magic weapon - damage +5
    Exceptional crafted weapon - damage +5
    Level 4 magic weapon - damage +7
    Level 5 magic weapon - damage +9

The magic weapon ruleset didn't stop there. There was yet another 4 more levels on top of the magic weapons with another magic attr. that gave you extra skill.

+5 tactics (5% damage)
    +10 tactics (10% damage)
    +15 tactics (15% damage)
    +20 tactics (20% damage)

These numbers give you a pretty large scale playing field to work with. There was Mages. There was Dexers. Figure it out.

And you do the math on the opposite end. Greater heal did about 43 and heal (.5s? cast time) did around 6-9.

If you wanted to push yourself to the level of uo, you might also want to look at promised patches and ideas that Garriot had around the time. Before EA bought it.

Garriots dream was simple, he wanted a complete medieval game. You would spawn into the realm filled with vendors who owned shops, and thiefs skipping shop to shop obtaining "gold". This was a game of the 90s. He had so much more planned. They started to add a "night" and "day" system. His dream was vendors would close up shop at night. Players would be massed by this uncertain world ahead of themselves where they had to adventure out into the night. Leave town, and beware of the terrors that might haunt you beyond exploration. Players now had houses outside of the GZ with their own wares. Security was a issue. If you didn't close up properly you would be looted forever and lose all your gear. Robed mages could cast invisibility and ambush you at your home. His ideas were pretty set in stone, yet no one know knew what was going to come next. EA ended up buying it. They opened multiple Test Centers, and Abyss shards giving players the max status they always dreamed of. Patch, after patch, they had more content built up to be on par with the current PC GAME releases, keeping even themselves not so bored, yet even better than the lore itself.
  • VartazsVartazs Canada
    edited October 2017
    Opal said:

245 from a backstab without the need of a t3/4 weapon, seems fair... noticed how he had a cast time to use backstab and could be interrupted... and how u could put stats into wisdom to block his backstab damage, oh no wait, u cant do that.

Vartazs said:

they should nerf mage again, so we could all play with backstab and hit for 245. Best pvp ever

I went full retard , my bad. Still I think 245 damage for snipe is crazy. They should nerf the damage but gives it lower cooldown. I always hate long cooldown , massive damage.

Backstack still doing over 100+ damage and I think it's too strong ...

• VartazsVartazs Canada
    edited October 2017
    delete
  • sounds like furb calling in this vid. any old freeshard ppl itt? in this game?
  • edited February 21

sounds like furb calling in this vid. any old freeshard ppl itt? in this game?

I played with furb back in 99 GL man haha. Never will forget that name. Remember yours, too. Was it on Ryst? stoned indian, triXta, Delta, all those names. I was iroxj00 the 00 are zeros.
  • gwarthamgwartham Devils of Kimone
    edited February 23
    Yes lets go back to interrupt duels, cuz that shit was so fun.....not.

A. If your not rockin 500 hp in this game, the problem is you.

B. Most of the damage in this game when it comes to magery is pretty precise. The biggest unknown is how the player economy is going to effect t4/5 gear. Are we gonna end up like in UO where even tho there was better gear, most pvpers were fine wearing and using only player crafted gm weps and armor, or are we gonna end up where the average person can only run t3 gear but certain guilds can rock t5 all day?

C. You all talk about how much damage can be put out in this game, but completely ignore how much healing and vigor can heal for. Right now at 100 healing and 100 vigor you are looking at 360hp heals that are INSTANT. A mage can literally be negated with 1 or 2 heals.

The way I look things in this game right now is how I looked at like wow. Over the expansion everything got bloated, health and damage, but at the end of the day they were just numbers, and they pretty much equaled the percentages from back in the day.

In uo we rocked 100 health, here we rock 500. Ebolts did about 1/3rd your life in UO, Ebolts still do about 1/3rd your life here, its just bloated numbers.

The biggest thing here is how resist works, its got really bad rng, and even if you resist your still taking half damage whereas in UO you took 1 damage(they changed this at some point to where like here you take half damage). So lets say in UO if I comboed you and followed up with another ebolt, but that ebolt gets resisted, you took 60% dam from 3 spells that cost me 60% of my mana. Here we do the same thing. Here you take 80%. And again with the insane healing system in place here you end up shrugging off most of it, and with a pot, it was like it never happened.

Now granted we still have a lot more testing to do here. This wont be UO, this will be something different, and just like every other game we either adapt, or hate it and leave.

Time will tell.
  • JubbinJubbin Washington State
    All this looks like to me is bad playing :/ if anything, (Even though nobody was using dagger in the video, people still seem to wanna QQ about it) Personally I would say backstab needs fixed. Most of the time it wont let you even backstab from behind the target. But being a mage you should know better not to get so close to your targets with NO MOUNT and wearing light armor. lol C'mon guys ^^ this shit gives me gas
  • JubbinJubbin Washington State
    The only thing I've had a deal with is Bandages/Healing.
    Personally I feel like I heal too much.
    Full GM at Vig and Healing should only heal for 200ish. I heal over 300-400 if I let my hp drop that much.

2 tanks 1v1 can fight till they A. Run out of bandages or B. Armor/gear breaks.

As for mages, I've 2v1'ed and still won with no problems. I even 3v1 (2 mages and 1 tank) and still won. I even had a mage earthquake or meteor swarm my small ass house and hit me twice and I wasn't dead :|
    I only have 10 Wisdom too.
  • edited March 30
    OLD thread.. necroed from 2017...

Also for CB 1 Bandage healing was drastically changed! Same for many other things..
    The Hotfixes since CB1 start changed a lot of things, too.

The current build is different from last year..