What original UO Shard are you from?

Comments

• Chessy for me
  • Europa and Atlantic and still playing UO now and also enjoying shards so far.
  • OrashnaOrashna Ohio, US
    edited February 2017
    I played on Great Lakes from (T2A) 1998 - 2003, I just couldn't handle it anymore after the intro of the Trammel Amusement park that wrecked the economy

Oh, and also UO Gamers Hybrid, that shard is what UO was meant to stay like IMHO
  • Atlantic - 98 to 6-12mo after AoS release.
    Chars: Slipknot, Red Death, The Tin Man, Lift

Siege Perilous - Launch to ???
    Char: Don't remember, I didn't play often after securing my house.

UOGamers: Hybrid - Couple years off and on.
    Chars: DivideByZero, Divide, Grey, Lift
  • AghastAghast Denmark
    edited February 2017
    Never played on official since my friends played on private.

But I played on Imagine Nation. No idea what year i joined it.. 2000 i think.
  • Wherever the blues be adventuring!
    Chessy
    Atl
    LS
    GL
  • Great Lakes 99-03 as Tyler or Tyler II.

Also played on IPY, UOF, UOAC and a bunch of other free shards.
  • WykkdWykkd OG HillBilly
    Catskills. Trader Vic built one of the first shops outside of Britain in the newly created Trammel.
  • resubbed yesterday, logged on Atlantic and realized, SO Sanctuary is what i really want to play.
  • Andi said:

resubbed yesterday, logged on Atlantic and realized, SO Sanctuary is what i really want to play.

What you didn't like how they've destroyed UO? Glacial neon skirts, gargoyles and 4/6 Chiv doesn't donit for ya? Lmao..UO is a joke now.
  • Mostly played on Baja/Great Lakes and loved the game from 98' onwards. Played on and off throughout the years but not much lately. Absolutely loved being the leader of Shadowlords Faction for a while and going on faction war spree's. :smiley: PvP was what interested me the most in that game but I didn't like the speed hacks people used and other things. I was a two hand axer and my valorite axe at the time was one of the strongest you could have and often found myself hunting reds in packs of blues vs reds. Pker's would come in to take over an area and we would be the guys to fight them back and take it back over again, that was quite fun to me.
  • 98. Great Lakes. PK - Lionheart. The terror of the east woods of Brit. Longest pk run in a early uo history.
  • Played on Cats until AOL Legends opened then played there after.. I think I still have 3 accounts open. Though I have not logged in for over a year.
  • Andi said:

resubbed yesterday, logged on Atlantic and realized, SO Sanctuary is what i really want to play.

What you didn't like how they've destroyed UO? Glacial neon skirts, gargoyles and 4/6 Chiv doesn't donit for ya? Lmao..UO is a joke now.
    Hate to agree that UO is a joke, but I shouldn't be able to solo every boss in an MMO. I still play on Atlantic every now and then for a few months before I drop off again. After it became so that I could Max a characters skills in 3 days, I only really enjoyed crafting. Then they killed that with the new artifact drops that make it ridiculously easy to overcap every stat.
  • Pacific ! from 97 till the whole world split thing ruined UO .... then played UO gamers for few years Ive done it all in UO helped create one of the largest adventuring guilds on pacific (S&M) then went on to waring guilds ... but my passion was always fighting and killing reds every MMO since UO has been lacking a justice system of reds vs blues im pumped
  • Great Lakes from 98 until around 2002, I remember running into Lionheart a few posts above before. I ran with Ariyana Sune, and her Coven of the Secret Shadow for a good part of my stay there, though wandered in many circles. Miss her dearly, wish I could get in touch with her again.

Trammel changed the game, at one point your decision to be a douche, led to someone going red and killing you, with Trammel, you could be a douche, lead monsters, harass people, and be no worse for the wear. Sure there were griefers in Felucca, but with a proper criminal justice system, those could generally be dealt with.. If you wanted protection, you wandered in groups, it is a social game after all - if you were looking to play a single player game, you'd not be playing an MMO. The biggest change to the game for me though was when they starting bringing in casting speed rings, and other things which changed it from an anyone could compete game, to a game where you needed to farm gear to compete.

Shout out to the Bloodrock orcs, tons of fun to RP with those guys, even though half the time couldn't understand them, to Jakob Covenant & the Highland Guard, Raistlin, Tenebrous, Atalan, Leshanyi, Marcus & the Order - you guys were influential in my early years, the roleplay community is something I've missed for a lot of years.
  • 1999 - 2009, Great Lakes, I had Hurricanes vendor shop selling & trading rares, I miss running a shop and helping out at the SOW auction house with my best bud MATRIX, ah, the good old days :smile:
  • DGProphetDGProphet EAST COAST
    Napa Valley and Chesapeake 99-03 ... some how this game went under my radar until I saw it today. Immediately backed an alpha access, UO 2.0 don't fail me now LoA.
  • Pacific

Any FL (Fallen Lords) around?
  • Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
    Europa :cookie:
  • @Dachy

I'm from pacific. There was an FL guild started in shards back when the servers were up. :)

Good times.
  • Baja!
  • Played for a number of years on Great Lakes as Pain (and Napa Valley when GL had it's lag period). Ran with SoB/SiN/DDH. I believe I do remember you, Lionheart.
  • BuckofPac said:

Pacific ! from 97 till the whole world split thing ruined UO .... then played UO gamers for few years Ive done it all in UO helped create one of the largest adventuring guilds on pacific (S&M) then went on to waring guilds ... but my passion was always fighting and killing reds every MMO since UO has been lacking a justice system of reds vs blues im pumped

Hey Buck! I am a former Pacific S&M member and I remember you. My mains were EternalWind (bard) and Crow (blacksmith). I have not talked to any of the old gang in years, Tal and Deanaray probably being the last.

I played Pacific and then Origins from 99'-2003ish' After that I went on to several private servers and was a dev for the servers Raistlin's World and Equinox for a few years.

• edited May 2017
    Chesapeake '98-'04, played with the community in Paxlair, Mythndale, and Silvervale. I ran with a few guilds in that time; Clan of Vampires, Wraiths, and the Mythndale Knights.
  • edited May 2017
    @Francis @Sargon @graham @Zag @Nogo @Dread Lord @DGProphet

I've been looking for some old friends from Chessy and I wondered if you all might know any of the players behind the characters from those days; Connor Macleod, Wizard of Id, Fawne Goldynhart, Lilith, Abysnthe, Dupre, Lady Crystal Rose, Govannon Mac Lyr, and Lady Talia.

I'd love to get in touch with the old community and see them around again.
  • Hello @Nocturn , unfortunately I don't think I got to meet any of the players you listed. But I am sure that as LoA gets more popular you will bump into a lot of old friends here.
  • BaggyBaggy Iowa
    edited May 2017
    GL 98-early 2000's.M@B, BC, TDE Minoc trash represent!!! Saw a few gl names i remember, hopefully we see more old names pop up.
  • Echo DegnarEcho Degnar Esoteria, New Eden
    Great Lakes 1999-2006
    played mostly as Durnik from the Temple of Mondain
  • ZephZeph LoA RP Community: loa-rp.com
    Durnik! I remember you from way back. Welcome to the LoA community.