Thanks for 3 years of enjoyment

I came into post alpha wondering if this game was the real deal on "spiritual successor" of ultima online. I only played for a few hours till I bought the admin package to develop server code. I learned many things over the past 3 years game development wise and yet another language to add to my resume of languages I know and have used.

I just want to say to all the players I met thanks for the good times and engaging conversations about the game. I would like to say thanks to the development team for such a fun product to toy around with. Lastly I would like to say thank you to all the community developers who get up every day to produce something unique for people to enjoy.

Its been a wonderful ride, so instead of writing a whole slew of negativity about how some people in the community, community developer and staff at citadel have treated me. I would like to part saying good luck to the developers at citadel, the players, and community developers. I hope one day your servers are packed to the brim with players, fun and memories.

Last thing, would someone get HuntOctober his damn tron suit =)

Take care everybody
Gizmo

Comments

• RavenHarvesterRavenHarvester United States
    Gizmo I will miss you!
  • KCKC Everywhere & Nowhere
    I will miss your thinly-veiled passive aggressive insights Giz :(
  • o no! he left before giving me the tron suit! nooooooooooo
  • but seriously, thanks for the long journey and insight, you always had idea's and understanding of the game, i know we will see you in the future
  • OK. Who's been mistreating Gizmo..?
    _o/'|_
  • Come back and visit!
  • edited February 23
    When a supporter like Gizmo quits you know the game is on it's last leg. The man has been around since the beginning. The fact that the 2 Ambassadors, Lou Cyphir and Potty Mouth, stream other games is a huge testament.

Whenever the developers try to add content they break older content. It's a vicious cycle of 1 step forward and 3 backwards; a never ending loop.

The game will suffer it's fate soon enough. It's suppose to be a MMORPG, dont listen to the few fanboys left. The game is in decline and has been for awhile.
  • Grex, completely wrong. Just on discord and speak to the majority who love the game
  • AspetraAspetra USA, Maine - Verdant Earth

Grex, completely wrong. Just on discord and speak to the majority who love the game

All of what... ? 30 people that are active on discord..? And 75% of them are reds.
  • The strategy seems to be

1. Get rid of our long time supporters either by screwing them over till they leave or if they don't leave on their own, find some twisted way to bend the TOS and ban them.

2. Once they are gone, finish up carebearing the game and release in 2040.
  • MisterGizmoMisterGizmo UnitedStates
    edited February 23
    a
    Grex said:

When a supporter like Gizmo quits you know the game is on it's last leg. The man has been around since the beginning. The fact that the 2 Ambassadors, Lou Cyphir and Potty Mouth, stream other games is a huge testament.

Whenever the developers try to add content they break older content. It's a vicious cycle of 1 step forward and 3 backwards; a never ending loop.

The game will suffer it's fate soon enough. It's suppose to be a MMORPG, dont listen to the few fanboys left. The game is in decline and has been for awhile.

Only had 3 years in, I held off at the beginning because well over the last 20 years, I have heard this is the next ultima about 500 times =). The game is half of what it use to be or could have been.
  • Aspetra said:

Grex, completely wrong. Just on discord and speak to the majority who love the game

All of what... ? 30 people that are active on discord..? And 75% of them are reds.
    Plenty of people on discord and the game, just look at the Steam charts. So many people come on here to Moan as the game is not exactly how they want it, it’s the closest game to UO ever, it’s getting better all the time, player base is stable, if you don’t like it then just leave and stop spreading negativity.
  • Don't tell people to look at the steam charts if you are promoting the game....
  • RandymarshRandymarsh England
    edited February 25
    beater07 said:

Don't tell people to look at the steam charts if you are promoting the game....

Relax bro and enjoy the game, if you don’t like it do something else, easy? :P
  • Ok.
  • AspetraAspetra USA, Maine - Verdant Earth
    Steam charts are not what to point at. When most games go F2P there is a huge bump of players. LoA experienced a gain of about 40 players, which it has since lost. There are fewer players according to steam than before it went F2P. So steam charts do not help promote the argument.
  • MisterGizmoMisterGizmo UnitedStates
    Luckily talking about steam charts does not express any real reasons why this game is in a decline. If you think the game is better, then explain why you think its getting better. If it is getting worse, explain why you think it is getting worse. One of the most non constructive things players do here is point out steam charts. Steam charts only show success times and failure times. They give little info on actually why.
  • Didn't help that some GM went on a witch hunt banning like 100 accounts for being involved in RMT. No game can control gold selling so i thought it pretty funny that they found it a priority to ban their already low population.

I'll give them a free tip: people wouldn't be trying to sell thousand of plat if you actually had a gold sink in the game that worked. But nope, let's just increase the drop rate of gold and materials but not provide anything to buy. What do end game players have to buy that consumes plat? Weekly tax of 2k gold?...
  • DominusDominus I always start my day with a Special K, for breakfast.
    Take care Gizmo
  • beater07 said:

Didn't help that some GM went on a witch hunt banning like 100 accounts for being involved in RMT. No game can control gold selling so i thought it pretty funny that they found it a priority to ban their already low population.

I'll give them a free tip: people wouldn't be trying to sell thousand of plat if you actually had a gold sink in the game that worked. But nope, let's just increase the drop rate of gold and materials but not provide anything to buy. What do end game players have to buy that consumes plat? Weekly tax of 2k gold?...

Lol you nailed it. I was banned for attempting to sell my account/items. I was going to leave either way obviously. Had no idea 99 more followed. Heard they nailed Gin too.