Skill loss on death -- A request for more viable red guild gameplay

BilboBilbo Oregon
edited February 2 in Feedback & Suggestions
Hi,

I came to this wonderful game with the hope of playing in a band of brigands, semi-RP. To me, that is the jewel of these kinds of games--a wide variety of player RP, including mischief. However, I notice I barely ever see a red PKer to try to befriend and invite. It seems they are rare, while factioned guilds are enormous, safe, and active. Then I went red myself and maybe discovered why it's unpopular. The severe skill loss upon death (loss of 30 skillups) seems to me to make it untenable to run a proper red guild. Having to retrain an important skill, such as Hide, every time you fail and die is just not tenable gameplay. I can't see it being possible to run a red brigand guild in the current game.

It should be enough of a penalty to not be able to get flag buffs, and to lose your gear when you die, to be kept out of towns, and the various other debuffs and so on. It is understandable that you would be hunted and hated by all. That is all part of the cat and mouse of it, and part of the RP. But to have to re-grind an important and hard to train skill like Hide is just too much, and seems like an artificial imposition.

In general though, thanks, keep up the great work.

Comments

• Nope, the skill loss is just fine. And considering 80% of these red's are DOPE red's killing new players fuck them and let them endure in their stats loss. Also so we can hear them whine about it in the forums and discord when a so called faction guild destroys the lot of them in dungeons and in the wilderness, etc etc.
  • BilboBilbo Oregon
    It seems that you get your skill points back if you resurrect at your body. This actually seems like a fair mechanic. I withdraw my original post.
  • Bilbo said:

It seems that you get your skill points back if you resurrect at your body. This actually seems like a fair mechanic. I withdraw my original post.

As long as someone does not cut your head off.