Roll back the wilderness area

You're going to lose a LOT of players if you don't roll back the wilderness areas. Come on, 3 steps out of town and you're now fair game for PK's. Talk about forced funneling!! I'm moving my stuff back into the bank and ditching my house until it's safe to go there. Mining? Forget it. Lumberjacking? Forget it. It's not worth players time to go and harvest ore or lumber only to get ganked by some lazy schmuck who'll just take it from you after you've done the work.

Comments

• Dont leave you are the content.
  • I've been pk in the helm mine... seriously it's in the town??? he takes 5 sec ton steal what I mine in half an hour... where the fun? where's the reward for the risk like the devs say???
    nobody comme for hunting that pk... it's in the town!
  • SoapSoap Paper Street
    edited December 2019
    It’s the system that’s failing you. PvP everywhere isn’t the issue. It’s a huge oversight of this crime system they implemented. They put all their eggs into it being your saving grace. Hopefully the next revision is better thought out, but hey, for the chest thumpers supporting the system as a god send the future is bleak.

Edit: that being said, if they retune the world pve, then I’m out again. There is a way to make this work for everybody. But like I said, the chest thumpers are the biggest hurdle in that regard. They “like” the new criminal system. They literally based it on the premise that anti pks will handle all the fall out. Smh.
  • lecterlecter lecterjihad@gmail.com
    edited December 2019
    how is sum lazy shmuck ganking. 2 players are required to gank

Your useless this game is not for you.

What you lack is skill and knowledge to survive.

Not everyone will have fun in this game and that's what UO was all about.

And those who do not have fun right away must learn how to adapt and handle situations. THATS WHAT UO WAS ALL ABOUT - none of this carebare hold your hand shit

If your talking about Lumberjacking and Mining while AFK and getting killed then that's your own Risk. However if your not AFK and your at a known area for PKS to kill gathering players then your a simple fool. There are plenty of isolated gathering spots.

Setup a house and farm them, ( NOT THE KNOWN AREAS...……………………………..)

Instead of shooting down an actual event that could happen to you in a open world with players you should adjust your skill to the game and get good.
    edited December 2019
    ------- You see, the reason UO was successful in this was because it was a bigger map.

Also if you compare it, Aria has about 5-10 main mines and they are all Displayed on the Main MAP of the MAIN WEBSITE for anyone to see and go to. The mines in UO were hidden and everything was discovered by exploring yourself.

Comparing Aria to UO...Well lets see

UO - 15-20 Main mines for cities and about 50-100 hidden mines around the map that you would need to explore to find.

Large map with large open ares with large forests

Aria - 5-7 Main mines ALL DISPLAYED ON THE MAIN WEBSITE MAP.

NO Open areas everything is enclose by water being on a small islands in each area. Hard to hide
    NO hidden mines...Nothing hidden for players to discover themselves. No secrets or riddles

Both Games had possible ways of mining inside the towns and Aria grants the 3 first ores inside guarded towns. Obsidian must be found in the wilderness.

Pfft get real.

• SoapSoap Paper Street
    lecter said:

how is sum lazy shmuck ganking. 2 players are required to gank

Your useless this game is not for you.

What you lack is skill and knowledge to survive.

Not everyone will have fun in this game and that's what UO was all about.

And those who do not have fun right away must learn how to adapt and handle situations.

If your talking about Lumberjacking and Mining while AFK and getting killed then that's your own Risk. However if your not AFK and your at a known area for PKS to kill gathering players then your a simple fool. There are plenty of isolated gathering spots.

Setup a house and farm them, ( NOT THE KNOWN AREAS...……………………………..)

Instead of shooting down an actual event that could happen to you in a open world with players you should adjust your skill to the game and get good.

Nice, let’s call a guy useless because he doesn’t play the game “right”. And yeah, this game is totally about only an exclusive bunch of people having fun.

I never want to return to the PvE ruleset, but this game has the potential to be fun for all who like niche games like this. New players aren’t going to be good at PvP right off the bat. Some never will nor will they care to be. Some players could be really good at this game if the focus shifted from designing faulty defense systems and more on a characters toolset.
  • Hey Hannibal the Cannibal, I never said I wanted it all PvE again, try learning to read. I said to roll back the wilderness. How they had it originally was fine...town, protected area, wilderness. I personally liked what it just left, all protected except for the desert which was open for PvP. You're no better a player than I am just because you like PvP and I despise it. I'm no noob, I've been playing this game for a year and I played UO when it first came out. Different people like different play styles. That's why I liked the last iteration of Aria. You want PvP? It's confined to this area, PvP your heart out. However, that's not going to happen again (I seriously doubt) so the next best thing was to take it back to the way it was with protected areas. As mentioned, PK'ing IN Helm mine? Seriously? The devs need to take a hard look at what they've just done and fix it before the non-PvP'rs decide to leave and they're left with a game with very few players.
    edited December 2019
    Stop talking down the update just because you don't like it and get your ass killed.

There was never a guarded mine in UO and there never should be.

Some day noobs will learn and that is what makes games like these. Its a different difficulty level that some people cant handle

Devs know exactly what they are doing making this the way it should be. They just need to make hidden mines and add more land. Spirital successor of UO so outside the towns are unguarded enough said.

• Hey Lecter, guess what...this isn't UO. Maybe some day jerks will learn. "Devs know exactly what they are doing", ROFLMAO!!!! That would be a first. If devs truly did, there wouldn't ever need to be any patching to fix things or modify things or nerf things, etc....