What happened to this game?

I have been a supported of the game since 2017, I even bought the Collector's Edition upgrade when it came out. Wth is citizen's pass? There is no information about it anywhere other than unlimited access to features. What does that entail? What's limited normally? As an early adopter, do I have to pay, yet another $20 on top of the $100 I have already dropped? Also, since when can you just buy skills? I thought the micro-transactions were supposed to be cosmetic only? I've been gone for months maybe even a year after having played the alphas/betas and awaiting a proper release. Last time I played, "safe zones" were just implemented where most of the world was open for pvp save for major towns and a very small amount of guard towers. Now I am reading that most of the world was a safe zone and now none of the world has a safe zone. What? What happened to guarded areas?

Comments

• Unless I'm mistaken, Citizen's Pass is an upgrade for free players to make their account a full one.
    I'm not bothered about the skill purchases - they're only up to 80%, which is the easiest part & just removes an amount of levelling time thus putting the player into the world quicker (and paying for server/wages).
    Safe zones are now only towns and cities, which many people assumed would mean instant death stepping outside - I haven't seen a red in the hours I've been mining/LJing, though I did get attacked by Nyx on Valus Bridge (didn't die, hehe)
  • Because no body plays this game is why you haven't seen any reds
  • Lol paladin.... I see tons of people every time and every where I go. Bitter about something I think and you take it out on the game. Move on.
  • I have seen lots of reds. Go hang around Crossroads gate.
  • Naw there's less than 10 active reds, it's because the hassle isn't worth the risk. Gear is worthless but the time you spend reskilling up as red is crazy.
  • I play daily and there are reds. There are also anti pk's who hunt Reds . I don't do either really . But if you want to go either way you can .
  • Yeah games PTW. Another flip flop from Crazy Studios that promised it would never be.
  • Lol pay to win how?
  • Pay to win? How?
  • Spirit stones, aka buying skills to 80 and 50 lol...that's Hilariously not PTW.
  • Diamonas said:

Spirit stones, aka buying skills to 80 and 50 lol...that's Hilariously not PTW.

Agreed.

The certificates of training take any skills of your choice to 80. Which i can do myself for free.

Spirit stones can be traded between characters/accounts, but have very large stipulations on who can receive the skills. They are also behind a massive pay wall. $20.00 account, $20.00 per stone, not including if the person is subbed.

The person buying the stone has to invest a minimum of $40.00 for 1 GM skill. The receiving character has to be 30 days old, and have 400 skill points.

It's not like they are just selling raw skills to GM for $20.00 on free accounts.

Only morons are screaming PTW!?!?!
  • Anything that gives an advantage when you pay $ is considered "pay to win". I personally do not care but would rather have a play to win environment. They need to make money to keep this game alive and more PTW items should be added to the game.

Only morons think they can WIN a mmorpg sandbox game. Let the morons fund this game by paying more money.
  • Well it is sort of a pay to win when with a premium sub you get daily power hour per character on your toon. That perk right there is pretty massive especially for something like animal taming, etc. Also the training certs isn't "every skill" only applies to melee/ranged and mage skills. Skills like taming, hiding, fishing/cooking aren't applied.
  • I always associated pay to win with buying god mode weapons, not reducing the time it takes for me to gain .5 points in Slashing by 1 hour. Gaining 80 in any skills is like finally having your foot in the door. Not to mention most of us have been GM for over a year. I see no issue with this. But the slippery slope argument could be made.
  • I held off on getting this game. I finally had time, and I wanted to play the Ultima Online server. Saw that the game was free, but had the dreaded cash shop, oh well I thought, I'll just be playing UO Mod.
    Oh, nope you cannot play community servers without paying $20 just to unlock that,
    Forget that, I want to see how the game handles - I'll play the LoA US server for free to try it out.
    I have a top of the line computer, and the game is buggy as hell. I get stuck every 2-3 minutes, and have to log out, or click the unstuck button(which doesn't always work.)
    so i cannot even get around my starter city to learn the layout without relogging 20 times before I just quit.
    People pay subscriptions for this? I am going to assume any private modded servers have the same bugs as the main game. then I looked, and at peak times in the US there was less than 60 people online the free* US LoA server.
    I am glad I never bought this.
    I wanted to like it, because I was dying for a classic sandbox style MMO with PKing like I used to do on MUDs, and first 2 years of Ultima Online.
    Unfortunately this is not the game. Now I am trying Albion Online which isn't the same at all. That had thousands of payers online though.. Like an MMORPG should...

What a terrible waste
  • What happened to this game?

The owner neglected their original concept of creating thriving community servers and decided to focus on their own official server with absolutely no clear direction on what should be done. With such a small dev team, their number one goal should have been to work with those community servers and find a way to connect them into a larger structure players could teleport too with their characters. There would have been tons of content.

And let's not forget all the hardocres insisting on idiotic things like not having an auction house. This turned many people away. I could not get over having to spend so much time visiting a million useless vendors to find one with a product I wanted. It was a massive waste of time. I didn't mind being player killed and losing all my stuff. I could live with that. I was a decent PvPer who could handle my own. It's all the little things that added up to a rather unenjoyable boring experience including broken and unbalanced skills.

They should have shelved the game for one more year and fleshed out the basics. Heck, they could have added different races.... anything! The game was boring as hell. It was basically a "horde loot" simulator.

And let's not forget there were un-optimized areas within zones that caused massive lag. If you got stuck in one of those areas it could take you 30+ minutes to stutter step your way back to the teleport to escape the area.
  • Oran said:

The owner neglected their original concept of creating thriving community servers and decided to focus on their own official server with absolutely no clear direction on what should be done. With such a small dev team, their number one goal should have been to work with those community servers and find a way to connect them into a larger structure players could teleport too with their characters. There would have been tons of content.

And let's not forget all the hardocres insisting on idiotic things like not having an auction house. This turned many people away. I could not get over having to spend so much time visiting a million useless vendors to find one with a product I wanted. It was a massive waste of time. I didn't mind being player killed and losing all my stuff. I could live with that. I was a decent PvPer who could handle my own. It's all the little things that added up to a rather unenjoyable boring experience including broken and unbalanced skills.

They should have shelved the game for one more year and fleshed out the basics. Heck, they could have added different races.... anything! The game was boring as hell. It was basically a "horde loot" simulator.

And let's not forget there were un-optimized areas within zones that caused massive lag. If you got stuck in one of those areas it could take you 30+ minutes to stutter step your way back to the teleport to escape the area.

Pr9 fixed most of the issues you just listed. The game is still in development and things will change. Changes can be frustrating and annoying to deal with, if they bother you then wait until official launch. Judge them on their finished product; We owe them that much.
  • Oran said:

Pr9 fixed most of the issues you just listed. The game is still in development and things will change. Changes can be frustrating and annoying to deal with, if they bother you then wait until official launch. Judge them on their finished product; We owe them that much.
    there was 2018 launch and then there was steam launch in 2019, there going to be more official launch? people been paying for an unfinished game? what the hell.
  • Grimfall said:

Oran said:

there was 2018 launch and then there was steam launch in 2019, there going to be more official launch? people been paying for an unfinished game? what the hell.
    Those dates were for launching into early access.
  • beater07beater07 America
    Question is, which launch will be the most successful, early access or official launch?
  • LiplessPantherLiplessPanther Celador
    edited March 3
    I would say official will be better. From my understanding, they have plans to increase the dev team and support team size for official launch.
  • So I am trying to get back into this game. I have already purchased a founders pack once, do I now need to purchase a citizens pass? WTF.
  • Citizen's Pass is just to go from F2P to full account. Founders Pack is already full game.
  • So how do I place my old house? It is saying I need a full account...
  • Sounds like youve created a F2P account, when you want to be using the account with founders