Redeeming a house and raw materials after placement

edited November 21 in General Discussion
Why in the holy f*kn hell is there nit an option to redeem a home and put it back into blueprint form??? Seriously option is to destroy the house? Yeah I want to destroy my estates idiots.. Seriously whoever came up with this brilliant idea I hope doesn't work there anymore. Now lets make an option to redeem the home into a deed again so we can place the home on a different plot. Or.. case we want to move both the home/deed and the plot deed and place somewhere else, smart right? Yeah I know..

Comments

• edited November 21
    You get the blueprint back when you destroy the house, but will lose the materials you constructed it with.
  • So, wait what? So this means if we want to get the home back after destroying it and placing it somewhere else we get the deed/blueprint back but no materials? So we will need more materials to relocate the house? Yeah, well flawed system you got there..
  • yeah ill need 12,000 iron and 2500 stone/wood fucking excellent system.
  • I was only wondering because when I placed my estate I did not see or realize there was a big ass tree right next to my estate. This tree intrudes well into the top room and a small portion of the long hallway. I asked if they can remove it and stated no the tree is hardcoded into the game so awesome stuck with this tree.....
  • The game is in early access experimental testing phase. Be patient and everything will be ok.
  • edited November 21
    What does that have to do with anything? The fact that breaking down a house only gives back the blueprint. But if you want to relocate the house will need to come up with the raw materials again? I did not hear any mention that breaking down a house also gives back the 12,500 iron and 2,500 wood/stone spent on it?
  • I got a feeling this is something set in stone and they want to punish people from wanting to relocate their homes....
  • WAIT so I just spoke with a GM who answered a question of mine from in-game yesterday and he stated we won't get the blueprint/deed back let alone any material costs so WTF is this bullshit..once the house is placed that's it?

CSR Kai (Citadel Studios)

Nov 21, 12:36 EST

Greetings

If you destroy the house, you will not get a deed or materials back.

The only time that you would receive a new deed is if it is a foundation that has had no materials added.

Citadel Studios
  • I mean shit not to compare this game to old school UO even though this game is considered UO's successor but you can reclaim the house deed in UO and replace it ANYWHERE the terrain would allow you and free of material costs...what a great game UO was...
  • I think this is a great money resource sink. The only thing I would change is when placing, it gives you a chance to inspect/confirm the placement (fully built preview) before completing the process of placing.
  • dirricvirrudirricvirru Fort Worth, TX
    edited November 21
    Honestly if the tree is cutting into the home, you shouldn't have technically been able to place. If you are more cordial about it you might be able to talk to a gm into letting you place your house again because of the issue with the tree. If you are in a prime spot you could just see if you can refund the house deed/material placement the house and just get house that fits better.

Let them tell you no before getting upset at them, but it doesn't sound like you asked to redo the placement because of the tree.

I think the house placement is super frustrating right now and is a huge waste of time trying to get a spot that works.
  • edited November 22

we won't get the blueprint/deed back let alone any material costs

Whoa! When did that change?
    I was okay with losing materials since you've just demolished the house. Losing the blueprint is harsh - what, did you leave it inside the house when you destroyed it? Cos a blueprint wouldn't be destroyed by copying it for construction.
    I thought losing all the plat you sank into expansion when you erase a plot was bad enough.

it doesn't sound like you asked to redo the placement

I know from experience they won't help with plot placement.
  • edited November 22
    yes, it is true ... when you demolish your home, you lose the deed.

I learned this the hard way. I figured I would move to a new location one day because I found a better location. I decided this right before the super cost inflation for expanding land (that I knew nothing about ... nobody did). I destroyed the house hoping to keep the blueprint for the home to transfer to the new location. I had a Mayor home. To my surprise, the deed never showed up.

So since then, I've been farming money (I don't get to play very much anymore) to replace the deed.

I don't mind losing the building materials. But I do mind losing the deed. I think the system is flawed and I find it harder and harder to play these days because of stuff like this.

I should have never lost the deed. Deeds are paper, not actual construction. I payed for that deed and I should have it still. Now I live in a small wood shack and I'm still struggling to get back to where I was.

• Deeds are digital items. And if you're comparing real life..., you don't take your mansion with you when you move. You sell the home and buy another.
  • edited November 22
    beater07 said:

Deeds are digital items. And if you're comparing real life..., you don't take your mansion with you when you move. You sell the home and buy another.

But I can take my blueprint which I spent a ton of money for (I've built the same house in 2 different locations in 2 different States).

That's all I'm saying.

• Well a blueprint is cheap compared to the actual house. But in game it is expensive more expensive then the materials to build it. So we can't really compare since it doesn't mimic real life at all.
  • edited November 22
    beater07 said:

Well a blueprint is cheap compared to the actual house. But in game it is expensive more expensive then the materials to build it. So we can't really compare since it doesn't mimic real life at all.

Missing the point. No worries, maybe if enough white knights like you continue to defend this kind of nonsense, they'll have a 10 million sub game! Right?

• Rumor has it the White Knight expansion is next after New Dawn.
  • I'm not white knight or a black knight. I just don't agree that the game would be better off letting everyone buy a house once and then just move it around for free whenever they want a new view. There should be huge cost to get a new house in a new spot. It's one of the only real gold sinks we have.
  • MograMogra US
    edited November 23
    You shouldn’t lose the Housing Blueprint. Like what do you do? Burn it in celebration? Bury it under your foundation? Feed it to you horse? Strange customs we Celadorians have.

Housing shouldn’t be a headache. It should be costly and take time, for sure. But in the end it should be fun and not frustrating.

So do this:

1. Keep every Blueprint you buy. They aren’t consumed on use, ever. But 1 Blueprint only supplies 1 House.

2. Return a % of materials when destroying a House/Foundation based on the Owners Skill in Lumberjack, Mining, Carpentry, and Blacksmith - 5% Max at GM per Skill, for a total of 20% returned Max.

3. Land Deeds should cost somewhere between 10-25 Platinum and be consumed on Use.

Why? Because it makes sense, unlike Blueprint consumption. A Land Deed should be for the Land you claim and then that’s it - it’s the Deed to THAT particular plot of Land.

— You can either sell the plot to a player or sell it to the Township for 33% of it’s value OR donate it for Township Currency
    — If you want to move you would buy a new Land Deed
    — If you’re ONLY looking to move your plot a distance WITHIN the original 12x12 placement, you can purchase an extension for 5000 Gold multiplied by every 1x1 Distance of the original

4. Current cost to resize plot remains the same.

5. Taxes are based on proximity to Towns. Land near Towns have their taxes increased by 100%. That’s really not much considering how cheap taxes are. The further from Town you are, the cheaper your tax.