Thank You For Making This Game

edited November 20 in General Discussion
I haven't had this much fun in a while. I was getting flashbacks to old UO days last night!

I bought the founders download a while back but have not really been able to log on much until now and I wanted to wait a while to see what the updates would be like. Just crafting a bit here and there a while back during the last beta wipe and have a more recent, but still new, fighter. I logged on late last night to check out the latest changes.

I accidentally used my hearthstone and ended up in some town I was not trying to be at lol but made a note to come back to it later on to explore. I decided to find a way back to my hometown Eldier, and what an adventure lol. After being lost and doing some reagant gathering, some near deaths to hunting, I finally found the gate to Eldier. I went around the town talking to the NPCs and seeing some of the backstory lore they talked about. It seems really cool and can't wait to see how they add to it in future. Bought some supplies, did some browsing at player vendors just outside town and decided to start grinding up some of my skills at the Eldier cemetery. Even met a nice person who I had a quick chat with who gave me some equipment. This whole time I was getting flashbacks again and it put a smile on my face. I wasn't worrying about what's not yet in the game but rather I was focused on the good time that I was having. I love the game and can't wait for the future content updates! I was reading about point release 8 and it looks really good!

Comments

• Sounds like my experience and enjoyed my first 5 months of game play. I hope this feeling continues for you because it has died for me and I have done everything this game has to offer.
  • And you feel it necessary to inform literally fn everyone.
  • OG Brum said:

And you feel it necessary to inform literally fn everyone.

Why do you care? At least it's good news, and not the typical "world is falling" nonsense.
  • Kraxis said:

Why do you care?

I found myself wondering what his purpose is. He says he quit, but kept replying to posts with negativity. Admittedly, that one started positive - I think that was why I snapped :blush:
  • OG Brum said:

Kraxis said:

Why do you care?

I found myself wondering what his purpose is. He says he quit, but kept replying to posts with negativity. Admittedly, that one started positive - I think that was why I snapped :blush:
    I think Kraxis thought you were replying to the OP. lol
  • I haven't had this much fun in a while. I was getting flashbacks to old UO days last night!

I bought the founders download a while back but have not really been able to log on much until now and I wanted to wait a while to see what the updates would be like. Just crafting a bit here and there a while back during the last beta wipe and have a more recent, but still new, fighter. I logged on late last night to check out the latest changes.

I accidentally used my hearthstone and ended up in some town I was not trying to be at lol but made a note to come back to it later on to explore. I decided to find a way back to my hometown Eldier, and what an adventure lol. After being lost and doing some reagant gathering, some near deaths to hunting, I finally found the gate to Eldier. I went around the town talking to the NPCs and seeing some of the backstory lore they talked about. It seems really cool and can't wait to see how they add to it in future. Bought some supplies, did some browsing at player vendors just outside town and decided to start grinding up some of my skills at the Eldier cemetery. Even met a nice person who I had a quick chat with who gave me some equipment. This whole time I was getting flashbacks again and it put a smile on my face. I wasn't worrying about what's not yet in the game but rather I was focused on the good time that I was having. I love the game and can't wait for the future content updates! I was reading about point release 8 and it looks really good!

Glad you are having fun. I have been playing for years through many changes and wipes and still enjoy it. I think you're doing it right by not rushing it. Explore the land and build you toon up as you do so. So many people power play, macro their characters to GM run every dungeon they can in as little time as they can after looking up their location online then get upset because they ran through all the PvE content in a month (more is coming).

PR8 does look awesome. Have fun!
  • edited November 22
    Teufel said:

Glad you are having fun. I have been playing for years through many changes and wipes and still enjoy it. I think you're doing it right by not rushing it. Explore the land and build you toon up as you do so. So many people power play, macro their characters to GM run every dungeon they can in as little time as they can after looking up their location online then get upset because they ran through all the PvE content in a month (more is coming).

PR8 does look awesome. Have fun!

Thanks! Yes I like taking my time with the grinding and exploring. I've decided when it comes to gaming to not be in such a huge rush to do everything and explore. These kinds of games are so big, seems like a huge waste to just power level.
  • RavenHarvesterRavenHarvester United States
    I have been playing since February I only get to play an hour or so per day . it's a great escape from reality . Glad you enjoy it .