Comments

• let's help the test server, who enjoyed the game, I know it will be there

• Hey Liz!

Question:It says 5 characters can be transferred. Does this mean 5 characters for players with a subscription and 4 characters for players with no subscription, or is it 5 across the board for everyone?

Please advise.

Thanks!
  • Alki said:

Hey Liz!

Question:It says 5 characters can be transferred. Does this mean 5 characters for players with a subscription and 4 characters for players with no subscription, or is it 5 across the board for everyone?

Please advise.

Thanks!
    Hi there! It's five across the board, but you'll only be able to access the first four to play unless you have an active subscription.
  • edited November 14

Alki said:

Hey Liz!

Please advise.

Thanks!
    Hi there! It's five across the board, but you'll only be able to access the first four to play unless you have an active subscription.
    Fantastic. So as a player without a subscription, I can bring over a 5th character (assuming it will be the toon on the bottom) but will not be able to actually play him/her unless I pay for a subscription.

Thank you so much for the clarification.
  • edited November 15

Alki said:

Hey Liz!

Please advise.

Thanks!
    Hey again, Liz. So I found a problem on PTR. When I log in, I see 5 characters (that's all I have). The 5th character will not log into the game. Every time I click him and hit play, it kicks me back to the login screen. The 4 other characters log in fine.

I tried to get around this by trying to do the whole delete thing using Kamus the Stranger and deleting one of the 4 characters I CAN login with. However, I cannot interact with him. He's just there. Is he broken?

Also, not a single runestone I have works. Is this going to be like this when the game goes live? I have about 50 marked runes and I sure hope they're not all worthless after all of this.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
  • pldworldpldworld United States
    I think paid subscribers should get early access to housing placement. I have prepaid a year and play everyday. I hope a non subscriber who hardly pays does not place in my house spot and log for months at a time.
  • pldworld said:

I think paid subscribers should get early access to housing placement. I have prepaid a year and play everyday. I hope a non subscriber who hardly pays does not place in my house spot and log for months at a time.

I have so much gold I plan to claim and very large house location and only log in to pay taxes. Once the game releases in 2021 I may give it another try.
  • pldworld said:

I was thinking the same thing but the question is? does being a subscriber guarantee you some prized housing spot? I don't believe that expectation was ever set, so perhaps expecting it to be so is probably not a good idea..
  • On a side note are they going to announce the release of the new server today still? I want to get my characters logged in and in place for housing placement..
    Paid subscribers are the heart of Aria....as they are with any MMORG. We deserve early placement. We pay, We play, we are the heart of this world.
  • pldworld said:

Paid subscribers are the heart of Aria....as they are with any MMORG. We deserve early placement. We pay, We play, we are the heart of this world.

As a business owner I would say that "All" customers are important. They have to pay to get the game on Steam; I wouldn't make a distinction between those that pay monthly or quarterly. They give you incentives already for pre-paying for a few months. Early housing placement wasn't one of them. I am a quarterly subscriber and I would still say that its way to early to be claiming anyone is the "heart of this game". If they go live with "Free to Play" I might join you in your narcissistic rant in comparing no-paying players to paying players; but from my understanding we all paid for the game in some form.
  • Pay to win? Play to win? People will never be satisfied.
    I play, I don't collect games. I play one game and love it and live it. I played WOW for 15 years. Before i played UO... I love Legends of Aria and will play only it....for who knows 10, 15, 20. will you?
    Just as i suspected, i didn't get to place my house in my old location and who ever did doesn't even have a previous house. No crate, just a sign. I'll check G2G later it will probably be for sale.
    Over all I have to say the move was good. I didn't get my house spot but got a good enough one. It is upsetting to see a Land Marker and not a house where my old house was.
    I suppose i can buy it back at auction when the owner stops paying the taxes...
  • What the actual fuck. I got the spot I wanted and then 2 minutes later the server crashes. I log back in and someone else grabbed it.
  • yep there was a roll back that just happened and I got booted again
  • Wow I placed my house in Upper Plains at 8pm and then a few minutes later the server crashes. I log back in and my house is gone and someone else has placed their own house in my spot. I don’t know what happened but I think they should reset the server to right after the release of upper plains so everyone that placed their house fairly gets their spot back.
  • Kendall said:

Wow I placed my house in Upper Plains at 8pm and then a few minutes later the server crashes. I log back in and my house is gone and someone else has placed their own house in my spot. I don’t know what happened but I think they should reset the server to right after the release of upper plains so everyone that placed their house fairly gets their spot back.

Assuming they have that glandular control over reset times. No matter someone will be affected negatively. Best case would roll to just before Upper Plains deployment and give everyone time to get back in place.
  • Looks like that’s what they’ve done. It’d be nice to know when they plan to release the land again so we’re all not just standing here waiting.
  • dirricvirrudirricvirru Fort Worth, TX
    From discord:

Miphon_CS:While performing the land rush in Upper Plains the sheer number of house placements caused the backup to time out. We have extended the backup timeout to account for massive number of items that are being placed. Because the server was not able to complete the backup it will be restored to just before 8:00pm EST. The land rush will now happen at 9:00pm EST. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • dirricvirrudirricvirru Fort Worth, TX
    pldworld said:

I backed the game in 2014 and should have preferential treatment for risking my money :P

• Thanks for the info dirricvirru
    I agree 100% with Dirricvirru....Its a moot point now. I got a descent spot not far from where i wanted. And my girlfriend got a great one right next door today....12 hours later...so providence did smile on us...
  • Well I got my spot back. But I’m just waiting for it to crash again and lose it once again.
  • ...aaand it crashed again.
    So we switched to one server because there were not enough people playing 2 servers to support them. Now the one server isn't big enough to support the 2....hmm
    Probably should split Upper plains into different housing areas. Then retry the placement.
  • Yea instead of trying the same thing that fails over and over
  • Question: Has anyone used the "Advanced Placement (12x12)" option then resized to be able to place the house. I did, and could not find a blue print - has anyone else had this problem?
  • Make sure to view the pages at the top and the slider bar on the right. Its in there.