Letter on Last Weekend's Merge/Next Merge

Elizabeth FinneganElizabeth Finnegan Administrator
edited November 8 in Straight from the Citadel
While working through some critical issues from the first merge attempt, we devised a plan for a new way to merge the servers that does not require leaving the old servers around. When the final merge is complete, all of your characters and house plots will be waiting for you on the new server.

In the upcoming merge we’ve come up with a creative solution to conduct the transfer in a way which protects your hard work. Prior to embarking to Ethereal Moon, account holders will have the choice to purge any characters which exceed the character limit, saving any items, bank boxes, and skills over 50 which will be stored and transferable via soulstones. This will allow players to begin their journey with the correct number of characters and with their material items and hard work intact.

To make things even clearer, we are working on a step by step guide that explains how to retrieve all of your items on the new and improved merged server Ethereal Moon. If all goes according to plan, we will be doing some public testing with the merged server and announcing the final merge and land rush dates early next week.

Comments

• So our plots will already be placed on new server for us?
  • sounds good to me!
    ;)
    RNG FTW ppl that already have the spots roll for the plots ;)
  • 1st 2nd 3rd ;)
  • MulacMulac United States
    Pretty nice, but what if I dont want to place a plot again immediately. Example, I move all plot items to bank. I pack plot. I get moved to new server. Does my option to drop my plot expire after 1 week?
  • edited November 9
    So. can we still place plots anywhere in the world?
  • RavenHarvesterRavenHarvester United States
    Thanks liz
  • Hotfixes and rollbacks is what I am expecting. Prove me wrong.
    I guess I could drop the plot. unpack the crate and not place the house. Then empty crate to bank and redeed plot. Lot of work though.
    O, and what if the plot has illegal housing on it? For example, I bought at auction a plot that has 2 houses on it. When that gets packed up will I be able to unpack it just the same? I dont have a premium account, so I shouldnt be able to have 2 houses. What happens in that situation?
  • felbrogfelbrog United States
    having 2 houses is not premium, having 2 lots is. you can put 4 houses on a lot if they are small enough.
    felbrog, Ok. That is good to know. Thanks
  • edited November 10
    Prior to embarking to Ethereal Moon, account holders will have the choice to purge any characters which exceed the character limit, saving any items, bank boxes, and skills over 50 which will be stored and transferable via soulstones. This will allow players to begin their journey with the correct number of characters and with their material items and hard work intact.
    what about who has 60/40 comp? like 60 heal and 40 vigor? Or someone who is current leveling taming like with 49.9? it means we're not getting 40 soulstone thing?
  • NecromaniacNecromaniac Canada
    edited November 11

Prior to embarking to Ethereal Moon, account holders will have the choice to purge any characters which exceed the character limit, saving any items, bank boxes, and skills over 50 which will be stored and transferable via soulstones. This will allow players to begin their journey with the correct number of characters and with their material items and hard work intact.
    what about who has 60/40 comp? like 60 heal and 40 vigor? Or someone who is current leveling taming like with 49.9? it means we're not getting 40 soulstone thing?

looks like they are now giving soulstones,would of been nice to know before i deleted my 4xgm and 2xgm crafter