An idea for a balance of gang and a world of open possibilities

Definitely, the returns the open non-consensual PvP on all map in Point Release 8 is absolutely the right and correct decision. However, we can not say that full permissiveness will benefit the game. I believe that deterrence mechanisms are necessary,but these mechanisms should be created by the players themselves not the developers.What was done with the game in August was the most incompetent, stupid and worst solution to this problem. As a result, we have a strong fall online, because people bought the game-successor UO and ended up in the game farmer-online.

I offer my solution.

Developers need to enter a prison into the game. Only murderers can go to jail.

The murders can go to prison in the following way:
1. The killer must be killed by another player. The hunter player must cut off the killers's head from the body.
2. The hunter player must bring the killer's head to special NPC. I suggest we call him the bounty hunter commander. He should stand only in innocent cities, to exclude opportunities witch red on red.
3. After that, the player hunter receives a reward equivalent to the number of murders of the criminal he caught.I suggest giving 20 platinum for 1 murder count of the criminal he caught.
And the killerr teleports to prison if he has already risen or immediately after the resurrection. He gets a prison term equivalent to the number of murders. Prison time is the amount of wood he has to cut down to get out.I suggest that 1 prison term equals 50 wooden boards. And for one murder number the player will receive 5 terms.
4. In prison there should be a special chest with hatchets. There should be a carpenter's table in jail. The prison should have a chest for folding boards. You can't escape from prison.
5. A player in prison can only cut wood while the game day is in progress.On game night the player must be in one of the prison chamber. At night all cell doors should automatically close.If the player does not have time run to the prison cell he receives 1 additional prison term for non-compliance with the prison regime.
6. If there are two or more players in prison they can kill each other and take each other's boards or just fight (For players in prison the game does not count murder counts).
7. After the player has chopped the required number of boards into special chest he teleports he teleports out of prison.
8. The player also remains red. However, he receives a special status until a new murder of an innocent. The status is that the player can not be re-sent to prison, but he can be attacked (however, the player's kill points are saved).I suggest display this status about inductors player, for example such: "exile".
9. If a player commits a new murder after release, he is deprived of the status of an exile and can be sent to prison again. If he hasn't gotten rid of the kill numbers by now the new kill adds the kill points to the existing kill points.
10. If the player after release gets rid of all points of murders and raises karma to 0, he becomes innocent.

Propose a discuss my idea and tell your opinion. I believe that if the idea gets a lot of positive feedback developers can implement it.

Comments

• vlastimil said:

DP ? :wink:

??????
  • Or just do anything that makes reds hate playing this game. Both are equivalent.
  • beater07 said:

Or just do anything that makes reds hate playing this game. Both are equivalent.

Thanks for your opinion! I understand that you are against my idea.
    But I think it would be fair to the red players and the innocent players.Red players will not be limited in their opportunities and the innocent will have the opportunity to do justice.It should also be noted that the red player must be killed and his head must be cut off. I believe that this will be very difficult do with a member of the PK guilds, because his comrades will defend him.
  • beater07beater07 America
    edited November 4
    I just don't think people will continue playing if they have to grind making boards in a prison for hours.
  • beater07 said:

I just don't think people will continue playing if they have to grind making boards in a prison for hours.

You will agree with me: this is not good, when i go to one dungeon and meet [RIP] guild, i say :''OK" and go to second dungeon and meet [HATE] guild, then i go to third dungeon and meet [RAGE] or [DIE]. Peoples can get crazy from that and stop playing LoA. This is why developers destroyed wilderness zones in August. On the other hand, when wilderness zones are destroyed we are get castrate game and peoples stop playing too. It follows that , artificial restrictions are unacceptable (Carma system , guarded zones and etc). Players must do justice themselves and the introduction the prison will help to do this. Without prison even innocent guilds will catch someone reds, reds will restore too quickly and create gank box again.Secondly, lovers to rob and kill (if it possible) always more.Thanks to prison it will the possibility equalize the odds of red and blue. As a result we get truly open world with non limited possibilities. And it will be honest. Also it will appear bounty hunter content. Innocent defenders guilds will become are needed. For reds will appear prison content: they will be able to arrange lawlessness in prison and and have fun there. I also offer a total of 250 boards per kill, that's not a lot.
  • When reds die they should drop all equipped gear, the loot in their backpack and be unable to resurrect for 24 hours. When blues are killed they should only drop the loot in their backpack.
  • PvPiscool said:

When reds die they should drop all equipped gear, the loot in their backpack and be unable to resurrect for 24 hours. When blues are killed they should only drop the loot in their backpack.

This mechanic will cause rejection because it puts the reds players in an unequal position with the innocent players .it's unfair. this is a bad way. (This is my opinion)
  • PvPiscool said:

When reds die they should drop all equipped gear, the loot in their backpack and be unable to resurrect for 24 hours. When blues are killed they should only drop the loot in their backpack.

This mechanic will cause rejection because it puts the reds players in an unequal position with the innocent players .it's unfair. this is a bad way. (This is my opinion)
    It's better than perma stat loss for murderer punishments. 1 day without resurrecting a dead red character but can still use a different red character really isn't that bad imo. Reds could still raid dungeons and take all the loot from blues. Blues wouldn't be so miserable if they didn't lose their gear when killed by them.
  • DominusDominus I always start my day with a Special K, for breakfast.
    Hmmm. sounds a little exploitable

try this:
    Create free account, make reds, kill reds and collect bounty. Ditch free account and repeat to make a bazillion platinum.

Or:
    Leave one guild account permanently in jail macroing (attended of course) making board, never turning them in. Use boards as free instant get out of jail for new incoming reds. Then reds periodically kill each other and get bounty, and instantly get out of jail.

How about this:
    Trick/talk annoying blue PvE'er into going red, kill and send to jail, use red free accounts that sit permanently in jail to gang up and take his boards, set up a timing schedule with your friends, and keep him permanently in jail... FOREVER... enjoy salt on forums.
  • Dominus said:

Hmmm.

Indeed.

• edited November 5
    Dominus said:

Hmmm. sounds a little exploitable

try this:
    Create free account, make reds, kill reds and collect bounty. Ditch free account and repeat to make a bazillion platinum.

Or:
    Leave one guild account permanently in jail macroing (attended of course) making board, never turning them in. Use boards as free instant get out of jail for new incoming reds. Then reds periodically kill each other and get bounty, and instantly get out of jail.

How about this:
    Trick/talk annoying blue PvE'er into going red, kill and send to jail, use red free accounts that sit permanently in jail to gang up and take his boards, set up a timing schedule with your friends, and keep him permanently in jail... FOREVER... enjoy salt on forums.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Your remarks make sense.

Then we can do following adjustments:
    Each innocent player will can see name player which kill him last (for example it will be spesial command). If he wants punish the offender, he can order the offender from at special NPS (Bounty hunter commander)( in this case he will stay in all cities). He will must pay a fee for prison terms for his killer. Each term costs twice as much as the previous, the first term costs 1 platinum. For example, if i want order my killer to 4 terms i will must pay 13 platinum ( 1p+2p+4p+6p).After i pay,the name of my killer erased from the character’s log and no one can not order him repeatedly until until he dissapear from WANTED board(look further) (alsohis name dissaper from my character log ani can not order him even him dissapear from WANTED board until he kill me again). In every city (including PK towns) there should be a special bulletin board,for example : "WANTED".On this board it will be names the names of the players(PK) who was ordered. The name and the amount given for his head will be indicated on the board.After that,if player who committed the crime will be killed by another player and this player cut killer's head and he will bring the head to a Bonty Hunter Commander NPC,he will receive my fee (in my case13 platinum) and my killer will teleport to the prison ( in my case for 4 terms). And the name of my killer will disappear from the "WANTED" board.
  • DominusDominus I always start my day with a Special K, for breakfast.

Your remarks make sense.

Each innocent player will can see name player which kill him last (for example it will be spesial command). If he wants punish the offender, he can order the offender from at special NPS (Bounty hunter commander)( in this case he will stay in all cities). He will must pay a fee for prison terms for his killer. Each term costs twice as much as the previous, the first term costs 1 platinum. For example, if i want order my killer to 4 terms i will must pay 13 platinum ( 1p+2p+4p+6p).After i pay,the name of my killer erased from the character’s log and no one can not order him repeatedly until until he dissapear from WANTED board(look further) (alsohis name dissaper from my character log ani can not order him even him dissapear from WANTED board until he kill me again). In every city (including PK towns) there should be a special bulletin board,for example : "WANTED".On this board it will be names the names of the players(PK) who was ordered. The name and the amount given for his head will be indicated on the board.After that,if player who committed the crime will be killed by another player and this player cut killer's head and he will bring the head to a Bounty Hunter Commander NPC,he will receive my fee (in my case13 platinum) and my killer will teleport to the prison ( in my case for 4 terms). And the name of my killer will disappear from the "WANTED" board.

Kill innocent blue out shopping with a bagful of cash.
    Take his cash
    Check wanted board.
    If there's a reward, kill red with my other account, claim bounty
    Take his cash again!
    Turn on "Macro_Jail_Stuff" on that jailed red account, leave it running.
    Login to other account and carry on playing.

Send him bounty_claiming screenshots to demoralise & demotivate him from putting any further Bounties on you in the future.

It's really tricky to punish red players effectively, especially with multi accounts. But don't let that discourage you, it's good to see someone thinking about this stuff.

• Dominus said:

Your remarks make sense.

Each innocent player will can see name player which kill him last (for example it will be spesial command). If he wants punish the offender, he can order the offender from at special NPS (Bounty hunter commander)( in this case he will stay in all cities). He will must pay a fee for prison terms for his killer. Each term costs twice as much as the previous, the first term costs 1 platinum. For example, if i want order my killer to 4 terms i will must pay 13 platinum ( 1p+2p+4p+6p).After i pay,the name of my killer erased from the character’s log and no one can not order him repeatedly until until he dissapear from WANTED board(look further) (alsohis name dissaper from my character log ani can not order him even him dissapear from WANTED board until he kill me again). In every city (including PK towns) there should be a special bulletin board,for example : "WANTED".On this board it will be names the names of the players(PK) who was ordered. The name and the amount given for his head will be indicated on the board.After that,if player who committed the crime will be killed by another player and this player cut killer's head and he will bring the head to a Bounty Hunter Commander NPC,he will receive my fee (in my case13 platinum) and my killer will teleport to the prison ( in my case for 4 terms). And the name of my killer will disappear from the "WANTED" board.

Kill innocent blue out shopping with a bagful of cash.
    Take his cash
    Check wanted board.
    If there's a reward, kill red with my other account, claim bounty
    Take his cash again!
    Turn on "Macro_Jail_Stuff" on that jailed red account, leave it running.
    Login to other account and carry on playing.

Send him bounty_claiming screenshots to demoralise & demotivate him from putting any further Bounties on you in the future.

It's really tricky to punish red players effectively, especially with multi accounts. But don't let that discourage you, it's good to see someone thinking about this stuff.

All this is difficult to implement. "Macro_Jail_Stuff" must be punished by administrators. Also i suggest delete free characters which will get in prison to calm you down. In my opinion, only the price of one term is subject to discussion. All this was implemented on one of the Ultima Online shards and worked perfectly.