US Server Merge Delayed - UPDATE

Elizabeth FinneganElizabeth Finnegan Administrator
edited November 2 in Straight from the Citadel
UPDATE: Everyone who played on Ethereal Moon will receive a 5-pack of Power Hour Potions, redeemable on the server of your choice. We're bringing the servers back up - your characters are all on their original servers. We will update you once we are ready to test the updated moving solutions.

ORIGINAL POST:

While investigating a number of critical issues that arose during today’s Experimental Server moving crate testing, we identified a way to simplify the entire process for all players. This new plan will allow players to unpack the entire plot the way it was on the old server in one button - all items and decorations will be just as they were. It will be a simpler, more elegant way of getting our US players together on one server without the complication of moving crates.

Unfortunately, this will require a hefty rollback. For now, all your characters are going back to their home servers, as they were pre-transfer, while we prepare the new move. We apologize for the inconvenience, you’ve all been incredibly helpful and patient with us during this process and we truly wish it had worked flawlessly on our first attempt.

We will be bringing all US servers down for this rollback with an estimated downtime of 2 hours.
«1

Comments

  • So I assume a roll back to before everyone started closing up their houses and ditching their vendors. 4 or 5 days maybe?
  • Will the housing schedule still be the same as previously posted?
  • Patience is definently a virtue. Love the game enough to wait as long as I need to
  • edited November 2
    That's great...if you're placing your house in the exact same location (or very similar). No chance to resize and rearrange for a new location now unless you nuke your house and rebuild. Scaling down will no longer be an option. Also, for those of us with a ton of stuff, it really complicates swapping to a new house design. Oh well. Just get it over with.
  • Keep up the good work. You guys are the best dev team ever!
  • edited November 2
    I signed up yesterday and spent a number of hours working on my character and now he is gone. Where did he go and how do I get him back?
  • I signed up yesterday and spent a number of hours working on my character and now he is gone. Where did he go and how do I get him back?

    If it was on Ethereal Moon, congrats, you get to start over.
  • Can you say "Poof"?
  • I signed up yesterday and spent a number of hours working on my character and now he is gone. Where did he go and how do I get him back?

    If you aren't prepared for more of the same, many hours invested with no return I would think about getting a refund.

    This game failing fast due to a dev team that is continually making changes at random, the game was in better condition a year ago than it is now.
  • Sounds like a good trade off and worth the wait! Looking forward to the merge!
  • edited November 4
    PezDSpnzr said:



    This game failing fast due to a dev team that is continually making changes at random, the game was in better condition a year ago than it is now.

  • Let me know when I can try again to avoid roll backs.

    Thanks
  • Any update on when the new system will be tested and/or released?

    Would like to play some, but I'm afraid to due to rollbacks and uncertainty. (also, the 100% Wilderness idea is a stupid idea).
  • Alki said:

    Any update on when the new system will be tested and/or released?

    Would like to play some, but I'm afraid to due to rollbacks and uncertainty. (also, the 100% Wilderness idea is a stupid idea).

    I haven't played this iteration of UO with PVP allowed outside cities; but with the downsides to murderers it seems that it would be contained. Do you have any specific reasons as to why you believe the Wilderness feature is bad?
  • They already tried 70% pvp and it did not work. Then they tried 5% pvp and that did not work. Now they are gonna try 90% pvp. IMO there is no reason to discuss it (ship sailed years ago) just watch and see what happens. LoA is in the experimental testing phase of development and they already have all our feedback.
  • Divinorum said:

    They already tried 70% pvp and it did not work. Then they tried 5% pvp and that did not work. Now they are gonna try 90% pvp. IMO there is no reason to discuss it (ship sailed years ago) just watch and see what happens. LoA is in the experimental testing phase of development and they already have all our feedback.

    I would argue the issue of balancing PVP/PVE isn't with the amount of PVP that is allowed and more to do with the attitude of the PVP community. They do have a large number of griefers and it has been my experience that; that specific community of users have a high population of anti social opportunists who will extort any advantage just to ruin the fun for everyone else. Don't get me wrong I believe PVP helps add risk/reward but I don't think you can create a "Development" solution for a lack of Character.

  • kleptom said:

    Divinorum said:

    They already tried 70% pvp and it did not work. Then they tried 5% pvp and that did not work. Now they are gonna try 90% pvp. IMO there is no reason to discuss it (ship sailed years ago) just watch and see what happens. LoA is in the experimental testing phase of development and they already have all our feedback.

    I would argue the issue of balancing PVP/PVE isn't with the amount of PVP that is allowed and more to do with the attitude of the PVP community. They do have a large number of griefers and it has been my experience that; that specific community of users have a high population of anti social opportunists who will extort any advantage just to ruin the fun for everyone else. Don't get me wrong I believe PVP helps add risk/reward but I don't think you can create a "Development" solution for a lack of Character.

    Game was designed as a battle royal murder simulator with choke points and hot spots. In a living breathing world this would not happen. This was a design choice by the developers its kinda hard to blame the players. That being said they are still "experimenting" and have no clue where the game is headed. They have over 5 years of feedback and discussing it now IMO is pointless. Crazy dev team is gonna do what crazy does.
  • edited November 6
    I personally don’t like the 100% wilderness idea. When it was just 70%, if you stepped one foot outside a safe area, you’d be swarmed by a gang of 12 PKs. 12 against 1 is not fun and not much of a game. The risk vs reward should be players against monsters. Not players against psycho other players that just want to ruin everyone else’s fun. I guess some people like it, presumably the PKs, but if that’s the way this game is going I guess it’s just not the game for me. Oh well.
  • so can we transfer and place a house yet?
  • RavenHarvesterRavenHarvester United States
    Not at this time . Gather some resources or level a character . Or buy a bigger plot .
  • Kendall said:

    I guess [a game using new rules I haven't even experienced] is just not the game for me. Oh well.

    Oh well. Another safe space snowflake succumbs to imaginary terrors.
  • OG Brum said:

    Kendall said:

    I guess [a game using new rules I haven't even experienced] is just not the game for me. Oh well.

    Oh well. Another safe space snowflake succumbs to imaginary terrors.
    hahaha +1
  • OG Brum said:

    Kendall said:

    I guess [a game using new rules I haven't even experienced] is just not the game for me. Oh well.

    Oh well. Another safe space snowflake succumbs to imaginary terrors.
    Oh honey, it’s just a game. I just don’t feel like playing it. I have a life. Bu bye.
  • edited November 7
    Kendall said:

    Oh honey, it’s just a game. I just don’t feel like playing it. I have a life. Bu bye.

    Just a game you posted a lengthy critique of; showing you don't "just don't feel like playing".
    P.S. I've been on the internet since 1990 - it's cute when people think a hypocritical "get a life" and self-superior "buh bye" will make me reassess my existence. You should try what I do; not care what anonymous netizens think, honey.
    Or, you know, address my post on facts?
    ???
    Naaaaah...
  • LOL get a room you guys. Make up sex is always the best.

  • Kendall said:

    I personally don’t like the 100% wilderness idea. When it was just 70%, if you stepped one foot outside a safe area, you’d be swarmed by a gang of 12 PKs. 12 against 1 is not fun and not much of a game. The risk vs reward should be players against monsters. Not players against psycho other players that just want to ruin everyone else’s fun. I guess some people like it, presumably the PKs, but if that’s the way this game is going I guess it’s just not the game for me. Oh well.

    It's when developers/programmers/GM listens to pvp community and not to regular joe players that just want to venture enjoy the game with out the game forces you to be annoyed by them pesky reds. We'll see how many changes this game will put in. . .
  • Kendall said:

    I personally don’t like the 100% wilderness idea. When it was just 70%, if you stepped one foot outside a safe area, you’d be swarmed by a gang of 12 PKs. 12 against 1 is not fun and not much of a game. The risk vs reward should be players against monsters. Not players against psycho other players that just want to ruin everyone else’s fun. I guess some people like it, presumably the PKs, but if that’s the way this game is going I guess it’s just not the game for me. Oh well.

    It's when developers/programmers/GM listens to pvp community and not to regular joe players
    To be fair, at this point they've listened to just about everyone.
  • To be fair they should of stuck with their vision. No longer knowing what that is and allowing players feedback to change it on a whim is beyond comprehension. Getting volunteers to test experimental server is also mind boggling.

    To be fair they have been very consistent.
  • PvP'ers are a loud group for the devs to listen to, but they're also not the majority of the gamers in this game. Make the desert a PvP zone and/or the Dire Wood (or whatever it is) and leave the rest of it non-PvP or consensual PvP. There's a reason that WoW is one of the longest lasting, most successful games out there. You want PvP? Challenge someone to a duel or go to specific areas. The rest of the map is for PvE. It works. When you make everything "fair game", you get too many griefers who ruin it for everyone.
  • If you want WoW, go play WoW. End of.
Sign In or Register to comment.