Point Release 8 Highlights: Part 2

Greetings, Adventurers!

In our last blog, we detailed the first batch of features that you can expect to see when Point Release 8 arrives in November. In this blog we’d like to discuss

Read More Here: https://www.legendsofaria.com/point-release-8-highlights-part-2/

Comments

• I like the general goal of this release; however I would recommend increasing stat loss penalties and to find a way to limit bounty rewards for artificial reds (low level characters murdering each other to gain murderer status).
  • DominusDominus I always start my day with a Special K, for breakfast.
    edited October 27
    Whose bright idea were these new changes?!
    Because it genuinely looks well thought out, with underlying hints of a cohesive future direction.

Edit: instead of boring scrolls, it would add flavour to the game if the heads were processed (in the future) by necromancers into named vials of blood and tears. So you could collect the "Blood and Tears of xxxxxx" and drink it for skills, or display it.
  • These ideas on paper sound like a good start.

How about tying militias and the resource system to guard territories?

The more active a town is the further out their guarded territory becomes. So crafters may elect to say take over a city like eldier and through their efforts can extend the guarded area significantly to cover their gathering zones.

Extending the perimeter is a matter of constantly feeding resources into the town billboard. Militias could play a part in this system as well.

The ultimate goal would be to create a crafting economy that supports the militias and in turn the militias support the crafters by extending security.
  • I like the idea of when reds are killed they go to a dungeon / jail similar to contempt ogre area and a group of reds has to kill the guards and do lever puzzles to free them.
  • Missions for Crafters, all Wilderness now ..doesent sound like fun for Crafters...!

While i like the changes with Skill loss and the Ideas with battling for the Heads sounds fun,..
    BUT if we have wilderness everywhere this game will become dead. I m Out
    It Would be MUCH better to have a Trammel like Area AND some Content to enjoy in this Area.
    Aswell as some Wilderness Areas for PvP Fun.
  • "Wilderness is too big" is a terrible complaint. You're basically complaining that reds are going to have a hard time finding you.
  • Another idea to curb griefing while providing content.

Add a forensics skill. A player with this skill can see the direction (not distance) of the nearest murderer (or potentially specified murderer). Accuracy of direction improves with skill gain.

This will enable pk hunting.
  • October 25th, 2019
    "Next Blog

Next week we’ll be outlining our last remaining features coming in Point Release 8, primarily content for our Profession System, our new dynamic and episodic content called The Leagues of Celador, World Bosses, and any final remaining details ahead of this big update."

Where are they ? :wink:
  • Dominus said:

Whose bright idea were these new changes?!
    Because it genuinely looks well thought out, with underlying hints of a cohesive future direction.

Edit: instead of boring scrolls, it would add flavour to the game if the heads were processed (in the future) by necromancers into named vials of blood and tears. So you could collect the "Blood and Tears of xxxxxx" and drink it for skills, or display it.

+1
  • Bardioc said:

Missions for Crafters, all Wilderness now ..doesent sound like fun for Crafters...!

While i like the changes with Skill loss and the Ideas with battling for the Heads sounds fun,..
    BUT if we have wilderness everywhere this game will become dead. I m Out
    It Would be MUCH better to have a Trammel like Area AND some Content to enjoy in this Area.
    Aswell as some Wilderness Areas for PvP Fun.

Crafters need risk and reward as well. Dedicate some skills points to hiding, Mage or other skills to help you escape...