US Server Update - Ethereal Moon

Greetings, adventurers!

We’ve spent a lot of time reading through the discussions, debate, and direct feedback from our players regarding the best way to get our US players on a single server to play together.

You can read more about the full plan here: https://www.legendsofaria.com/us-server-update-ethereal-moon/

Comments

• Trick or treat! ;-)

Do guilds transfer?
    Do banks transfer?
    Do stables transfer?
    Do pack horses with items transfer (unstabled)?
    Do items outside the house pack up?
    Do our hearthstones reset to a neutral town?
    How are player merchants handled on pack up?
    What happens to people with houses that do not login before their server shuts down?
  • Good luck tell me when your done.
  • FiFi the Wiccan
    Thank you. Even though it is still a bittersweet option, I believe it is the most fair to not only Amber Moon but the cluster most importantly as well.

Either way, thanks for consolidating all of us NA players into one server. All that's left is to... cluster Crimson Sea with us!
  • edited October 26
    All players will receive a blessed land deed equal to the size of their old plot. They will also receive housing blueprints for any houses on the plot.
    Is the housing blueprint also blessed?
    What if we don't want a land deed equal to the size of our old plot?
    What if our old plot's size or shape doesn't fit our new plot location? Are we just stuck with a ton of platinum in a land deed we can't place where we'd like? Can we trade it?
    Will existing tax balances be refunded?
    Once you transfer to the new server and place your land deed, your moving crate will automatically appear.
    Assuming it appears in your plot:
    Is it secure?
    Can it be moved?
    How long does it last?
    Is there a weight limit?
    Will it automatically stack items?
    new housing zones will become available one or two at a time, to give all players multiple opportunities to participate and work towards getting a prime location
    I'm not sure I see the difference between opening everything at once or spreading it out. I suppose people who can't be online for one unlock could be online for others, but the reverse is also true; someone may have been able to be online for an all-at-once unlock (weekend afternoon, for example), but can't be online for the region they want.

You're also going to have swarms of people in (relatively) small areas all trying to place and expand plots at once. I anticipate the prime locations near towers and towns will be locked down by guilds that will simply kill everyone else in the area just before housing unlocks. I'm sure everyone will be happy with that.
    our current plan is to bring all US players into a single fresh server (Ethereal Moon) on October 30th via our new character transfer system
    Will existing runes work on the new server?
  • Mazrim TaimMazrim Taim Edmonton
    edited October 26
    This is a big change, great that it's happening. I know we are going to test this week, and I have the same questions as those above, in addition to - does the 2000 item crate automatically pack up the house items, and what about the items on your lot and Vendor?. Will your crate be available for x period of time and can you open/close it over a period of time or do you have to remove everything at once?. Is there a grace period to get setup before it goes Wilderness, or is it wilderness day 1? When we move from say AM to the EM, is it by character or whole account (you mention 5 characters can move - is that all at once?)

I'm concerned that we only have 5 days to test and prep for the land rush, is there a reason for the quick timing ( I like quick timing, but is this enough to fully work out and prep? - (what's the consequence if we don't test enough or allow people to prep enough are we looking at potential reverts to work the bugs out?), or can we have the land rush 1 week later (12 days) lots of testing and everyone feeling were ready.

Sorry - maybe a bit over cautious, but I think we have one shot to get this right. If it's 12 days, then I can test the crap out of it, If I have 5 days, then not so much as I also need to prepare and my playing time isn't infinite.
  • Great news, thanks for all the hard work! With the 2000 items, is there a way to see what makes up the 2000 items? E.g., is that 2000 lockdowns which we can see inside the manage plot information? If a chest has a stack of fish that has 1000 fish in the stack, is that 1 item or 1000 items? Trying to figure out how to handle all the items within chests. Does the chest count as 1 item out of the 2000 and the count doesn't care what is in the chest? Thanks!
  • Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
    Qaulity said:

Trick or treat! ;-)

Do guilds transfer?
    Do banks transfer?
    Do stables transfer?
    Do pack horses with items transfer (unstabled)?
    Do items outside the house pack up?
    Do our hearthstones reset to a neutral town?
    How are player merchants handled on pack up?
    What happens to people with houses that do not login before their server shuts down?

Do guilds transfer? No
    Do banks transfer? Yes
    Do stables transfer? Yes
    Do pack horses with items transfer (unstabled)? Yes
    Do items outside the house pack up? Yes
    Do our hearthstones reset to a neutral town? Just need to visit the hearth of a city to set it
    How are player merchants handled on pack up? Equipment and coins are moved into the crate.
    What happens to people with houses that do not login before their server shuts down? We plan to keep the servers up hidden we do not have a shut down date
    @Squid I have asked the questions regarding Crates and Land deeds etc. On the Runes they should work with no issues.
  • Thanks.

I have 3 questions - one re vendor displays has been answered above - so I understand I don’t have to try and squeeze all that into my bank before the move, it all just goes into the crate and I reassemble my stalls at the other end.

The other two are make or break for me. They are:

Will pvp be enabled during the land rush?

Are any of the start times likely to be manageable for Oceanic players?

This is going to be a difficult process as it is. My character is not maxed out. He is a carpenter/lumberjack. I am not really keen to log in at 3 am to be ganked over and over only to end up with nothing. So, please let me know what is planned re these two.
  • Leibniz said:

Thanks.

Well, at least the deeds are blessed (if they correct the bug that is currently on experimental that is). so, there is that.

• RavenHarvesterRavenHarvester United States
    https://forums.legendsofaria.com/profile/Ewok_CS

So I have messaged many people via Discord . I don't think this is going to draw many of the people I had grown used to playing with back . Unless these people are being untruthful with me . I tagged Ewok to make sure some one at Citadel sees this .
    Things people say would encourage them to come back:
    1) Pre steam Release Wilderness.( 2 people said they would not even unpack thier stuff if the entire map is wilderness )

2) These new rules to prevent griefing.( Many of the people I played with focused on PVE and would only fight when attacked .)

3) New Content ( 8 people told me this is the #1 draw that might get them back .

4 ) Four people said they are done and have lost interest in playing no mater what we do .

I can't promise any of these will help , but this is what I am being told . And I would love to see people back in action !
  • Q: Will /copychar work only once per character? What occurs after executing /copychar (e.g. is the character deleted or deactivated to prevent additional copies/transferring of items)?
  • https://forums.legendsofaria.com/profile/Ewok_CS

So I have messaged many people via Discord . I don't think this is going to draw many of the people I had grown used to playing with back . Unless these people are being untruthful with me . I tagged Ewok to make sure some one at Citadel sees this .
    Things people say would encourage them to come back:
    1) Pre steam Release Wilderness.( 2 people said they would not even unpack thier stuff if the entire map is wilderness )

2) These new rules to prevent griefing.( Many of the people I played with focused on PVE and would only fight when attacked .)

3) New Content ( 8 people told me this is the #1 draw that might get them back .

4 ) Four people said they are done and have lost interest in playing no mater what we do .

I can't promise any of these will help , but this is what I am being told . And I would love to see people back in action !

Yeah I had similar discussions with KAOS, 4 of them said they are probably gonna try it out. The vast majority said they dont even like full wilderness. All this will do is cause another portion of the population to quit or cause brand new players to quit lol. The main reason the majority said they will not be coming back is that the company did these changes too late when the pop is too low so they dont want to come back to fight the 20 ppl left in the game. Anyways I feel bad for the PVE community this must be a below the belt kinda hit for them.
  • i wouldn't worry about a spot close to town now that have added a bazzar,they call it something else since they said they would never have a bazzar.who would stand outside trying to stock their vendor with ganking idiots everywhere
  • 1 - Will we be able to re-pack out plots on the new server, or once you place the plot, your plot is "stuck" to that location. Concern would be if say you had a 30x30 plot and placed in what looked like a good area, only to find that you can only place to 16x16.. can you pick the plot back up again and replace?. (on experimental you can replace as many times as you'd like.. but the plot size will stay to whatever you "commit" - including the placed 12x12 vs. what the size was originally) ** right now you can't make a mistake in the placement sizing or have someone place next to you in the rush without losing the original plot size once you place.

2. Will there be a few safe weeks where everyone can place, resize and settle before wilderness rules are turned on?. I recall the wilderness griefing in the early days, this would be significantly more with the player riches to be stolen off players while they try to unpack and place/decorate their houses.
  • Do we know when today this will be live? and when the "Pack House" option will be available?

• I don't see a packing crate, or a new server so guessing the following timeline is no longer valid?

10/30 – New Server Opens
    10/31 – Barren Lands/Black Forest Housing Opens
    11/1 – Southern Rim/Eastern Frontier Housing Opens
    11/2 – Southern Hills Housing Opens
    11/3 – Upper Plains Housing Opens

Do we have a new Timeline? And I have the same questions as G and others, thanks Ewok for answering some of them.

One additional question, when I unpack my house does it appear fully decorated like it was when I packed it? My friend spent a lot of time decorating it and would hate to lose all his hard work.

Like the idea of a week or even a couple days grace period while folks put their houses down.

Last but not least, scheduling all these changes for Halloween is pretty lame. People with kids are busy, people without kids who like to party are busy, I mean c'mon.
    Hawkwind said:

I don't see a packing crate, or a new server so guessing the following timeline is no longer valid?

10/30 – New Server Opens
    10/31 – Barren Lands/Black Forest Housing Opens
    11/1 – Southern Rim/Eastern Frontier Housing Opens
    11/2 – Southern Hills Housing Opens
    11/3 – Upper Plains Housing Opens

Do we have a new Timeline? And I have the same questions as G and others, thanks Ewok for answering some of them.

One additional question, when I unpack my house does it appear fully decorated like it was when I packed it? My friend spent a lot of time decorating it and would hate to lose all his hard work.

Like the idea of a week or even a couple days grace period while folks put their houses down.

Last but not least, scheduling all these changes for Halloween is pretty lame. People with kids are busy, people without kids who like to party are busy, I mean c'mon.

The day is still young!

With regards to your question... The plot will go down, the housing blueprint will place the actual house fully without need of resources. however you will have to redecorate.
    Leibniz said:

Thanks.

I have 3 questions - one re vendor displays has been answered above - so I understand I don’t have to try and squeeze all that into my bank before the move, it all just goes into the crate and I reassemble my stalls at the other end.

The other two are make or break for me. They are:

Are any of the start times likely to be manageable for Oceanic players?

This is going to be a difficult process as it is. My character is not maxed out. He is a carpenter/lumberjack. I am not really keen to log in at 3 am to be ganked over and over only to end up with nothing. So, please let me know what is planned re these two.

Will pvp be enabled during the land rush? - The land deed will be blessed but also the new rule set will only come in during PR 8 which will happen after the "land rush" dates

Are any of the start times likely to be manageable for Oceanic players? Times haven't been announced yet. Keep an eye on news though!