Server Deletions After Early Access. Fresh Single Server for All.

Seriously though, I sometimes get asked why I push for server deletions rather than merges. It’s due to the fact that things have changed soooooo much since we went persistent and people have had sooooo much time to farm tons and tons of gear and everything else. Sure, an option could be to go naked with no loot into a new world, but it takes a month max to GM everything anyway, and that’s if you slow play like me.

As long as vets can reclaim their rewards and loyalty points are refunded and ready to go, vets will still have a nice boost. I’m also for giving those who originally qualified for head start to get a new one on our new, single server.

I have tons and tons and tons to lose, but think this is the best option after Early Access. Good luck all.

Comments

• dirricvirrudirricvirru Fort Worth, TX
    edited October 16
    naaa you can't just throw away people's time like that.

There are ways around rebalancing by making things outdated or reducing their value. Blizzard figured out a formula that kept people engaged and would be better off following that than making everyone throw it all away. (I'm referring to expansions. raising level caps and scaling gold/income by a level that makes what you have kind of negligible, introducing new armor sets etc)

But this means more content, and CS seems to struggle with that. I think they don't feel like they need more content but just reebalanacing how things are working to make everything worth more. More than likely they would side with you but there would be no players left but a few that enjoy re grinding from scratch.
  • Nope. Been around since 2017.

Started at full launch in December 2018.

If I loose all the money, resources, house expansion costs, housing deeds etc. that I spent hours farming for, or brokering deals for then I am am done.

This ideology of "equality of outcome" is just asinine!

• Unless someone can convince me that bringing tradeskill materials and items to a single server is going to ruin the game, I think a total wipe sets an awful precedent. I don't want to have the same discussion six months or a year down the road if there is some other change in direction of the game. You can't expect people to invest any significant amount of time or emotion into the game if they are in constant fear that the effort can be swept away.

With regards to tradeskill items, those are going to get burned up anyhow in the work order system. The unique and flavor items that people have accumulated (paintings, etc) - those are all just cosmetic anyhow.
  • I've leveled 2 tamers. One of them quite recently.

There is no way in hell I'm starting over fresh.
  • Not to mention, as far as I know, Crimson Sea is doing fine and won't be part of any merge anyhow. They would get spared all of this while the US people get boned; doesn't seem fair.
  • I think there are better ways of handling excess materials and gold flooding the combined server. They can introduce very unique and costly items only available for limited time. Like furniture or deco that costs huge amounts of materials to make. Or items that cost a ridiculous amount of gold but are unique and not ever able to get anywhere else.

The rich players in the game, which is just about everyone at this point, have nothing to buy that eats through their pockets. Don't wipe, just find ways to naturally have the game removing items from the economy.
  • Aildrik said:

Not to mention, as far as I know, Crimson Sea is doing fine and won't be part of any merge anyhow. They would get spared all of this while the US people get boned; doesn't seem fair.

CS is dead. They should be included.
  • Ok, update.

I have decided that, in my opinion, option A is a good choice. New server, new land rush, one server, new rule set.

I’m not yet sure about bringing stuff over. Should it be limited or not?

Option B is poopoo. It poops on vets and benefits only the new players who also paid less for the game.
  • FiFi the Wiccan
    No, but thank you for sharing your suggestion.

I'm not going to spend what time I do have to spare for Legends of Aria recreating my Tamer—not after the changes they made to it and all I have dealt with in the Wilderness areas during her training, and I'm not going to spend time suffering through recreating both of my Crafters again that endured what Reds (Outcasts) brought upon them.

I'll also thank you for choosing Option A since it is the fairest option that treats those who worked hard and were lucky enough to grab the plots of land they have now that would only be sniped in Option B before Option B happens.
  • MistaneMistane Australia
    edited October 17
    There will be no option B, it was never really a choice. I'd bet money on it.
    It's just there soften us up to the idea, and lubricate passage to the inevitable option A or slight variant.
  • NecroNecro Azure
    edited October 17
    Many vet tamers gm'd the skill before the level difficulty change. I say full fresh wipe.
  • If that would be the case the official servers would lose every single vet player and player that put effort into the game that has any decent chars progressed. The game would be more dead than it currently is if that's even possible. Also, Necro you are an idiot and need to disappear.
  • That's exactly how my 2nd and 4th graders talk to each other. Do you need a time out Paladin 1983?
  • ...children are never shy about telling the truth.
  • It's not a matter of being shy Harry Potter. It's the fact that they haven't really developed their emotional and social intelligence fully yet. But that's a good point as well...
  • This is why we need more wilderness
  • beater07 said:

This is why we need more wilderness

LOL yes.
  • beater07 said:

I think there are better ways of handling excess materials and gold flooding the combined server. They can introduce very unique and costly items only available for limited time. Like furniture or deco that costs huge amounts of materials to make. Or items that cost a ridiculous amount of gold but are unique and not ever able to get anywhere else.

The rich players in the game, which is just about everyone at this point, have nothing to buy that eats through their pockets. Don't wipe, just find ways to naturally have the game removing items from the economy.

if they completely ban the account that ran a script to macro gold farming all day for weeks we wouldnt have the problem. I reported it and CS got upset because they said I reported it too many time. They then mess with my account. Every time I login my character just stuck in some forest and i was not able to move him or have any function in the game. They then act as if they didnt know anything for a week. They punish the good guy. The scripter guy eventually stop for a while then I see him again doing the same thing. I know because the place is next to my house.