refund because changed ruleset

I bought this game in time when creators push PVP to only one small part of game.
Now, PVP start to be everywhere - not playable for me.
Where I can ask for refund please?
If I know in advance this change is coming I won't buy this game.

Please advice.

Comments

• Advice:

Don't buy a game, that markets itself as a full loot, open pvp sandbox at the time of your purchase. You are getting exactly what you paid for.
  • KasickaKasicka CR
    edited October 11
    you are right I bought game I want - free of pvp.
    Now rules changed and I can't play.

What do you say if you buy car and after that they change rules and tell you you can't ride it until you are 80 year old? Be happy? Or ask for refund?
  • Your analogy is incorrect, it would be more like me seeing a silver colored car, with a sign that said "This is a blue car but it isn't finished yet" but I bought it anyway because I wanted a silver car and it was silver right then. The dealer said they would finish it then deliver it to my house when done. A few days later, a new car was on my driveway, and it was blue. "REFUND!!!!"

• edited October 11
    I'm guessing they're from Steam release that had the initial 180 that they're now reversing. Don't blame em. It's a prime example of a bait and switch.
  • Kasicka said:

I bought this game in time when creators push PVP to only one small part of game.

Maybe you should ask yourself, why did you bought an Early access game ?
    The game didn't even got a final release, and many things can change again.

Even on big games like WoW rule's change.

• So no valuable help.
    thnx...

• Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
    All the suggested changes are being put on experimental server first to be tested and we hope that everyone will submit feedback based on the changes and anything that does go to live will 100% be based on the feedback we get from the testing.
  • What feedback do with problem with base game changes? I bought game without forced PVP, you change base rules and put everywhere forced PVP, I can't play because I hate forced PVP.
    Game is now something I'm not interested to buy. Just false info about game and I want my money back.
    @Kasicka We haven't changed anything yet. It will be on experimental server first to gather feedback on proposed changes.
  • Ewok_CS said:

@Kasicka We haven't changed anything yet. It will be on experimental server first to gather feedback on proposed changes.

Stop punishing vets. VE players shouldn't be forced to a new server. New servers should be forced to join us.
  • AspetraAspetra USA, Maine - Verdant Earth
    edited October 11
    I just cannot understand why with the server technology in place already why they do not just make a "Light" side and a "Dark" side that are linked together like Ethereal Mountain.
    Condense all 3 us servers down to this and let one side be PvE friendly ruleset and the other is open PvP ruleset.
    Like Fel/Tram in UO. Everyone then can play where they prefer.

Or keep it with current ruleset, one server, no mirror and add a PVP flag that you can toggle to consent to open world pvp. (add a timer of 24 hours, once you flag up you cannot unflag for a full day.) By flagging for PVP you for example receive bonus drops, example more ore, more logs when gathering, more money when hunting.(this option would be best for low pop, as you will have more people in a more tight landmass.)
  • Aspetra said:

I just cannot understand why with the server technology in place already why they do not just make a "Light" side and a "Dark" side that are linked together like Ethereal Mountain.
    Condense all 3 us servers down to this and let one side be PvE friendly ruleset and the other is open PvP ruleset.
    Like Fel/Tram in UO. Everyone then can play where they prefer.

Or keep it with current ruleset, one server, no mirror and add a PVP flag that you can toggle to consent to open world pvp. (add a timer of 24 hours, once you flag up you cannot unflag for a full day.) By flagging for PVP you for example receive bonus drops, example more ore, more logs when gathering, more money when hunting.(this option would be best for low pop, as you will have more people in a more tight landmass.)

I can answer why PvP flagging won't work as you propose it especially with full loot. You have multiple characters that can safely farm, scout, and feed gear to their flagged characters so you're going to have people gaming the system and it will be an even worse gankbox. Also when you give bonuses to flagging the PvE people will complain or flag for the bonuses then complain about getting killed, see Shroud of the Avatar for a reference on that.

Nevermind all these rulesets and design decisions should have been made and set in stone before persistence and Steam release, but what gives anyone the confidence that this time things will change for good and right the path? This is hardly the first time they've gone back on their word.
  • KasickaKasicka CR
    edited October 11

Nevermind all these rulesets and design decisions should have been made and set in stone before persistence and Steam release, but what gives anyone the confidence that this time things will change for good and right the path? This is hardly the first time they've gone back on their word.

Neverending switching between pvp and pve ruleset end like many other games - game will lost both playerbase and close servers after short time.

Everytime when I see new game fighting with his own release I really don't understand why is that big problem run both pvp and pve servers.
  • Kasicka said:

Neverending switching between pvp and pve ruleset end like many other games - game will lost both playerbase and close servers after short time.

Everytime when I see new game fighting with his own release I really don't understand why is that big problem run both pvp and pve servers.
    Because they all don't want to embrace being a niche game with a smaller audience along with ego. My fave MMO to date is a 2 man team, has permadeath with full loot PvP and they embraced the niche and it's been going for 10+ years iirc.
  • lol these threads
  • I'm not sure it's LOl if company made false announce about eliminating PVP from 90% of game and after many players invest into game because of this, they turn back to them and force PVP to whole game?
    Are you LOL on all these players cheated and robed by company without chance to get refund?
    Just to remind people that Legends of Aria is in Early Access and subject to alterations and testing. Also these changes are not live and will be put on Experimental server first. The best thing you can all do is when they are live test it out and give feedback. We will be on the EXP and seeing how it goes as well.
  • Sorry but you cannot hide behind that early access garbage.

Its being intellectually dishonest with the playerbase.

"Testing out"? More like throwing 4 pounds of spaghetti against the wall and pray any of it sticks.

If you guys are early acess then riddle me this. Why is there a subscription option???

If its truly just some early beta access we already paid you for that access.

You guys should be ashamed you are charging for a sub especially when you can't even decide how the game will be.

I suppose it wont matter.

Once the patch takes I am sure steam daily numbers will be less than 100 within a week of it dropping anyhow since people are worn out from the yo-yo style of cash grab development.

Once this patch lowers the playerbase i am sure you will announce how there is a new patch to make it all PVE with zero PVP praying it will catch new fish.

SMH

No one is hiding behind Early access. That is the stage the game is at. It is not finished and in active development.

The subscription is optional. For those who would like perks from it while also supporting the development of which as mentioned above it is actively in.
  • And the numbers are dismal at best catering the carebears. PVP centric with extreme penalties for reds has always been the answer. The Trammel experiment has been tested and found unworthy.
  • COLDBLooDCOLDBLooD İstanbul Turkey
    edited October 16
    Kasicka said:

Please advice.

what do you mean? only PvE sandbox MMO ? no never seen that kind of sandbox game you have to take risk and more important thing you have to enjoy to taking risk this game promised to be "sandbox MMO" than devs decided to convert LOA to open world MMORPG this is real mistake loa hasn't enough RPG elements plus broken AI no item properties bad world design fps optimization awful this game not like WOW kind of game you have to search before buying games if you really trusted CS its your fault most of people bought this game on early access-kickstarter as a sandbox MMO game and you know it.. than they couldn't handle it what did you think they can handle it just changing ruleset without any RPG elements? is it enough to make MMORPG game for you :)))))) pretty lame bro wow and archeage unchained smashed loa now more openworld mmorpg waiting their turns :D
  • KasickaKasicka CR
    edited October 16
    COLDBLooD said:

Kasicka said:

Please advice.

what do you mean? only PvE sandbox MMO ? no never seen that kind of sandbox game you have to take risk and more important thing you have to enjoy to taking risk this game promised to be "sandbox MMO" than devs decided to convert LOA to open world MMORPG this is real mistake loa hasn't enough RPG elements plus broken AI no item properties bad world design fps optimization awful this game not like WOW kind of game you have to search before buying games if you really trusted CS its your fault most of people bought this game on early access-kickstarter as a sandbox MMO game and you know it.. than they couldn't handle it what did you think they can handle it just changing ruleset without any RPG elements? is it enough to make MMORPG game for you :)))))) pretty lame bro wow and archeage unchained smashed loa now more openworld mmorpg waiting their turns :D
    Did you read my question please?
    Do you understand my question?

I bought game where developers declare PVE in majority game only with small place where PVP is enabled. So I can play peaceful game w/o harasment from PVP players.
    Now they turn by 180 and put PVP everywhere.
    So they cheat on me to buy this game and I ask what I have to do to get my money back.

If I know in advance they will change BASIC aspect of game I WON'T spend my money to this game.
  • Do not worry they will change their mind again, and again and again and again.
  • Wish they would hurry up and make this change so I can reinstall!
  • Compromise: run a pvp server and then a different pve server.
  • There is a pve server on EU man. It's a great community server, check it out.
  • COLDBLooDCOLDBLooD İstanbul Turkey
    Kasicka said:

COLDBLooD said:

Kasicka said:

Please advice.

Did you read my question please?
    Do you understand my question?

I bought game where developers declare PVE in majority game only with small place where PVP is enabled. So I can play peaceful game w/o harasment from PVP players.
    Now they turn by 180 and put PVP everywhere.
    So they cheat on me to buy this game and I ask what I have to do to get my money back.

If I know in advance they will change BASIC aspect of game I WON'T spend my money to this game.
    i understand you but im not sure did you understand my post? this game released as a sandbox game you cant put only pve or pvp option in any sandbox game sandbox mean:

"A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows a gamer to select tasks."

now you see "minimal character limitations " you can do whatever you want to do. guarded zone gives you limited safe place. out of guard zone if you want to feel safe you have to group up others or go gm hiding or find a way to be safe. otherwise, we call it open world not sandbox like elder scrolls online. eso has warzone %90 non pvp area

real problem CS lied to sandbox players who supported CS since kickstarter. if you already know that you are looking from your perspective and you are selfish. bad news sandbox games doesn't work like this i think same with PvPvE sandbox players look at the forums and more important BEFORE buy a game
    Divinorum said:

Do not worry they will change their mind again, and again and again and again.

exactly
  • Necro said:

There is a pve server on EU man. It's a great community server, check it out.

And maybe will be next day or two who know when admin go to play next game...

And together with rumors they want monetize bonuses on original servers and CS can easy awoid this maybe no more CS in very close time.
  • ping sucks on EU server, duh.
  • Tokken said:

ping sucks on EU server, duh.

Ping is fine for PvE. Ping really only matters in PvP.