New Ruleset Changes and announcement

I for one, applaud the devs for making this very difficult choice and righting what wrongs they made in the past. 1 server is the right thing to do. The people who have 50 man discords lobbying for small servers do not care about the overall health and longevity of the game. I have been here for a long time, stuck by them through all the changes both good and bad. This is 100% the right move and thank you CS for finally realizing it. I have always been very critical of this game and it came from a place of passion. For the first time in a while I can see the future of the game and I am excited. No longer will new people be posting on a dead server saying how they can't find people.

Comments

• Same, I am a little speechless tbo...
  • I support the drastic change however they have to be very very careful in the way they handle the small details. Simple things like how to transfer huge amounts of items in the move, or the details of the extreme penalties for murdering. They tend to flip flop drastically one side to the other. We want murder possible but not too the extent that it was in the old days where you couldn't enter a dungeon for 5 minutes before the pack of reds roll through.
  • beater07 said:

I support the drastic change however they have to be very very careful in the way they handle the small details. Simple things like how to transfer huge amounts of items in the move, or the details of the extreme penalties for murdering. They tend to flip flop drastically one side to the other. We want murder possible but not too the extent that it was in the old days where you couldn't enter a dungeon for 5 minutes before the pack of reds roll through.

Pack of reds will kill on sight any remaining pver.Old days will come again. Reds dont care about penalties.
  • edited October 10
    Yiannis said:

Old days will come again. Reds dont care about penalties

They will if penalties are done well. The old days was when there were NO penalties at all.
    I'm feeling positive about the sudden reversal of the long, drawn-out reversing of the original ethos.

• how long do you guys think the changes will be on experimental before they go live?
  • 1 year.
  • wafflepkwafflepk United States
    mindfray said:

how long do you guys think the changes will be on experimental before they go live?

I imagine it will be at least a month or so. 8.2 hasn't even hit Experimental yet. They also need to give both new and old players a chance to vote.
    Yiannis said:

beater07 said:

I support the drastic change however they have to be very very careful in the way they handle the small details. Simple things like how to transfer huge amounts of items in the move, or the details of the extreme penalties for murdering. They tend to flip flop drastically one side to the other. We want murder possible but not too the extent that it was in the old days where you couldn't enter a dungeon for 5 minutes before the pack of reds roll through.

Pack of reds will kill on sight any remaining pver.Old days will come again. Reds dont care about penalties.
    Reds don't care about penalties?That may be true, but thats why the penalties are supposed to be so harsh that you are basically non competitive for a set amount of time. If i lost a bunch of stats or went to jail I would not be able to kill you. Well I will probably still be able to kill you, you sound like a whiner, but a normal person should be good.
    OG Brum said:

Yiannis said:

Old days will come again. Reds dont care about penalties

They will if penalties are done well. The old days was when there were NO penalties at all.
    I'm feeling positive about the sudden reversal of the long, drawn-out reversing of the original ethos.

Me too amigo.. me too.
  • dirricvirrudirricvirru Fort Worth, TX
    For me I will feel comfortable subscribing monthly at least to boost their efforts as soon as the return of PvP(at least a half reversal of what it was) rules and a fair player migration plan as soon as it hits live servers.

If they do Option 1 for a while to allow the elite establish themselves, and then just do the player house refund/migration with Option 2 after a time (2 weeks to 1 month?) I'm happy with the changes.

Right now I'm feel positive they get it and look forward to the coming changes.