Always with the negative vibes.

If you're not happy here, then go somewhere that you will be. Bunch of sourpusses.

Comments

• edited October 1

If you're not happy here, then go somewhere that you will be. Bunch of sourpusses.

Apparently the news spread to those who are happy here too... looks as though everyone left.
    It's not the issue of having no happiness to express towards this game. What you're asking is to not kick CS while they're down which I understand. We're not trying to. We just had the rug pulled from underneath us quite hard. If you were here from day 1, you'd understand at least our views too. Not just, "If you don't like it, leave" attitude. that literally solves absolutely nothing at all. Although, I'm starting to think that it doesn't matter what you say good or bad, this Dev crew has no direction and now they are pulling everyone else that's playing currently with them to the abyss. Our hand is outstretched, but we can't save you :/ kinda sucks due to your own beliefs or hope of this game bouncing back. The ball is flat and skinless. nobody plays with that basketball at lunch.
  • We're sad man... we got hurt, we're only human... We put in a years+ worth of testing. Our group didn't just play the game, we were constantly learning and growing. Constantly testing for the devs. just for it to not matter.

We got hurt :/
  • You're right, Destiny 2 just launched... c ya guys!
  • If you're not happy here, then go somewhere that you will be. Bunch of sourpusses.

Same goes for you new guy. You do not seem happy so you came here to complain. If you do not like the forums then leave. Sourcrotch.
  • Signed on 2 years ago, not a new guy.
  • Signed on 2 years ago, not a new guy.

I'm curious, what gives you drive to continue with LoA?
  • edited October 1
    Here's the harsh reality with what metrics are available, the game is back to where it was pre Steam release as far as interest and population.

https://steamcharts.com/app/594770#6m Steam Charts

https://sullygnome.com/game/Legends_of_Aria/30/summary Twitch viewership and streamers

You'll notice the spikes and decline on Twitch coincide with the initial headstart and the Steam release, coupled with the Steam stats the curves match up. Tack on how slow the subreddit is, these forums, Steam forums, and lack of comments on articles on sites like MMORPG and MassivelyOP it shows a trend.
    That and the bulk of posts are about LoU not the main servers. There used to be a lot more hype around the end of CB2 with the open beta and events that Sanya put together that has since stagnated.

People keep saying that the decline and people leaving was due to being ganked and the open world PvP, but it comes down more to a lack of a clear design direction, balance, and content. The game just lacks sustainable PvE content especially without risk which is what open PvP and full looting provided.

Personally for me the hiatus between the end of CB2 and the headstart coupled with the extended delays on the Steam launch lost a lot of the momentum the game had. A bulk of the people I played with and that were waiting for the headstart quit shortly after with the design and balance changes. The changes to PvP at Steam was just the final nail in the coffin for now.

I'd love to see them pull it back to the game I and others I convinced to purchase founders packs thought we could make a long term new home, but like I and others said it feels like getting the rug pulled out from under us especially since it came with no real warning. Hell I had hope that them getting a new dedicated CM in Liz would help act as a buffer and kick in the pants to the devs as to addressing concerns, but here we are now and it sucks for all involved.
  • Favor said:

Signed on 2 years ago, not a new guy.

hmmm, easy answer....I'm not bored yet.

I played UO from the onset, prolly 24 hrs a day for the first 4-5 years. Played T2A for a few years, and many other freeshards. After UO I prolly enjoyed playing Origins the best. It was the first day UO ruleset. I miss that shard.

Played on these officials a bit, mostly on Teiravon. At Steam release, I restarted on the Officials and I play 6-8 hrs a day. I've got stuff to do. I don't race to the end, I enjoy the process. I'm not playing for an adrenaline rush.

It's rare for me to spend this much time on a game these days (I'm 60). I still try about every mmo that comes out, but haven't found one that holds my interest more than a few days or months.

I waited a long time for a game like this. It reminds me of the early UO days which are gone forever and can never be recreated. No game has captured that early magic and never will. I accepted that along time ago. That is why a game like this is rare.

This game for me, is like a comfy chair a cold beer and a big J. It's relaxing and I enjoy it.

Things that cause me grief I tend to expel from my life. Hurt or not, gotta move on and find your happy spot. Life is shorter than you think.

Sorry if I rambled.
  • heavenheaven brazil

Favor said:

Signed on 2 years ago, not a new guy.

hmmm, easy answer....I'm not bored yet.

I played UO from the onset, prolly 24 hrs a day for the first 4-5 years. Played T2A for a few years, and many other freeshards. After UO I prolly enjoyed playing Origins the best. It was the first day UO ruleset. I miss that shard.

Played on these officials a bit, mostly on Teiravon. At Steam release, I restarted on the Officials and I play 6-8 hrs a day. I've got stuff to do. I don't race to the end, I enjoy the process. I'm not playing for an adrenaline rush.

It's rare for me to spend this much time on a game these days (I'm 60). I still try about every mmo that comes out, but haven't found one that holds my interest more than a few days or months.

I waited a long time for a game like this. It reminds me of the early UO days which are gone forever and can never be recreated. No game has captured that early magic and never will. I accepted that along time ago. That is why a game like this is rare.

This game for me, is like a comfy chair a cold beer and a big J. It's relaxing and I enjoy it.

Things that cause me grief I tend to expel from my life. Hurt or not, gotta move on and find your happy spot. Life is shorter than you think.

Sorry if I rambled.
    so you are like most of us, who really things the game have potential and enjoy it. But the big diference we see the problem, we want to talk about the problems and fix the problems(that was doing since the alpha/beta). And we arent happy with the state of the game, and the number show alot people arent happy either.
  • edited October 2
    there was absolutely no context as to what made you not bored with the game... This is what I'm talking about. Generic responses with no merit as to why you're not bored. What's giving you drive to stay active?
    What<--- not because you're simply not bored yet.
  • edited October 2
    it's blunt to say you're not bored yet.. People own fidget spinners to retain that.. not saying much XD
  • I doubt a fidget spinner will hold my attention for more than a few minutes. Like I said. I got things to do.
  • edited October 3
    Don't bother with the subreddit if you want to be critical either, they have a mod who is ban happy too, and likes insulting people when they ask what rule they violated.

The entire thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/LegendsOfAria/comments/dchvk1/fireside_chat_lol_nothing_was_discussedsaid_of/

Said post that got me banned and has been removed including the edits I made after being banned and receiving the below mod response: https://imgur.com/SpYrM5H

Very mature response from mod when asking what rule I violated: https://imgur.com/xbnQTDd

People do realize this just reinforces the negativity people are feeling and gives them more drive to be further vocal with said criticisms right?
  • * hands little Freddy a lollypop * ...poor boy.
  • Hermannie said:

* hands little Freddy a lollypop * ...poor boy.

It's a basically dead subreddit as is so somebody wielding a bit of imaginary internet power isn't a big deal to me, just figured people should know it's not an alternative to posting here and expecting less censorship of critical opinions. Considering the mod made a point to downvote the post before removing it and banning me as well was amusing though.
  • Problem is expectations was that this game would be a modernized early UO. Why the developers deviated from the model is unknown.

It seems they tried to make PvP fair by having no penalties for being red other than travel restrictions. PvP is in itself not fair (otherwise it would be called a duel) and reds should face harsher consequences (stat loss). Don't get me wrong, I played reds in original UO and think they are crucial to the games success - but you can't make it consequence-free.

Also, original UO was much more of a sandbox game where each monster could be solo'd and almost every item could be used for multiple purposes. This game forces players into groups for top content, there are zones, even the roads are forced bottlenecks. Creativity is forced and limited.

I'm not completely done with this game yet - basically just refreshing house tax and keeping on eye on updates.
  • The more I read, the more I realize how casuals/mindless farmers ruined this game.
    Hermannie said:

* hands little Freddy a lollypop * ...poor boy.

It's comments like this that aren't needed at all. The typical/default troll comment(s) that confuse developers. Enough of those people(comments) chime in, and you got yourself a non issue(concerning devs) with what was underlined as a "Problem".
  • edited October 5
    That's what i did, i wont play on official servers again instead im playing on legends of ultima which is run by competent people that know what players wants