LoA is a long dead game

edited September 18 in General Discussion
The dev team is only a 2-3 man team kind of concerning. The overall server populations is also very concerning. I also notice no body streams the game anymore (such as streamers who tried this game out for the very first time) they all also left bad reviews and moved onto a different game. Overall 1 out of 10 and 10 being most concerned...11... I cannot see this game at this rate self-sustaining within the next 6-12 months. Also, they do not put out enough patches, hot fixes for the ongoing list of bugs and issues. Since they hired this new so called programmer the patches should be dropping left and right..
«1

Comments

  • cmorris975cmorris975 United States
    I hope this is not the case as the game has that old school appeal and has been quite fun for me so far. Especially the community servers.

    I hope the players, modders and developers do not give up.
  • dirricvirrudirricvirru Fort Worth, TX
    edited September 18
    Slowly slowly slowly it dwindles. Something will have to happen to reinvigorate the playerbase, but very ghostland like sadly :(

    image
    Source: https://steamcharts.com/app/594770#All

    Even though this doesn't count non-steam players, it still gives the feel for it. Its went from around 900 average at steam release to about 250 on average. Nearly a 75% loss :( and for an MMO, the addiction should just be getting started.
  • heavenheaven brazil
    edited September 18
    the devs looking to that number should be proud of they choice =)
    because they keep doing the stupid choices without listen the players....they keep repeting the same mistake expecting diferent results? which definition of that? insantiy!

    I would love to get a answer from a dev for this question. Why do you guys thing you arent able to retain players in the game? Answer that in one simple phrase or word plz.
  • DominusDominus I always start my day with a Special K, for breakfast.
    At least we know it wasn't the PvP ruining the game. We have conclusive proof Trammel didn't save UO. After all these years I'm finally gonna get a restful night's sleep.
  • dirricvirrudirricvirru Fort Worth, TX
    edited September 18
    Hopefully they will merge the regional servers into a single region gateway and then think about doing a f2p beta or something for a couple of weeks to "stress test" it.

    Maybe that would get another round of users that will stick or make it f2p and add something where no player housing on free accounts.

    There are probably a lot of better ideas out there I just keep checking forums for something to be excited about, so I don't take a huge amount of time to read the well thought out posts.

    This game really needs players to be fun and right now its almost like you are the only person in the game. I like to play solo but its nice to run into soemthing other than NPC.
  • is not time to get that shit on f2p, because we are going to have a influx of players but after 1or2mounths going to happen the same things(they going to leave). We need NEW CONTENT / BRING BACK PVP / BETTER CRAFT SYSTEM / BALANCE ON MAGE VS OTHERCLASS. Focus on that and maybe we can hope on the game.

    How is possible you are not done yet with tundra? How is possible we had more content at the cb2 than now?? EXPLAIN THAT TO ME PLZZZ
  • dirricvirrudirricvirru Fort Worth, TX
    edited September 18
    I think its kind of a circular problem. They need new players to bring in money to expand development but need to make changes to the game to bring in new players. The circle of $$ is broken for them to really do much of anything.

    In regards to subscriptions, its not that I'm unwilling to subscribe, but they haven't really shown me anything to be confident that I should throw money at them as an investment for future fun.

    I'm speculating they spent the whole last month trying to do subscription changes, but didn't WOW the new players/old players enough to show their commitment to new content and growing the game. Instead there is nothing and devs barely have said anything other than they need to postpone subscriptions.
  • dirricvirrudirricvirru Fort Worth, TX
    edited September 18
    deleted
  • TeufelTeufel Aria
    edited September 19
    Bring back pvp, remove professions, delete all servers, launch with one fresh server. Let backer rewards, etc be reclaimed. Profit.

    Servers must be deleted. It sucks, but it must be done. People have been farming relics non stop for a month solid. Everything should be in “the wild” outside towns. Remake karma. A pk = -1,000 karma. Get too far down and die = stat loss. This has already been worked out.

    Such a launch will bring back vets and get noobs to buy in. Reward those who lost with extra loyalty points. A thriving server is the key. This was always meant to be a niche game.
  • The above or just give up on official servers and make this a platform for community servers. Charge a big up front fee to open a server and charge players a flat fee to gain access. Actually support the community server devs.
  • dirricvirrudirricvirru Fort Worth, TX
    edited September 19
    Yeah i was very disappointed they didn't have a plan to allow the community server devs an avenue of more legitimate compensation along the lines of a subscription plan or other income for their server.

    The whole "Donation" model has always felt very sketchy and made the websites for the server hosting feel very loaded with adware and under the table type transactions.

    Way early on I was kind of interested wanting to make a community server, but the amount of donated time to make something of any mentionable quality turned me away from it as a rewarding endeavor. Its fun until it turns into a job.
  • Give it time boys, my thread will be deleted. Instead of shedding light on their own flaws, they would rather remove any negativity toward this very stale and boring and unfinished game.
  • COLDBLooDCOLDBLooD İstanbul Turkey
    who wants to kill chickens safely playing official loa lou way better close to real sandbox but they have issues coming from LOA lag fps drop boring gameplay that guys trying to make this game real "legends" but LOA evolved to the worst game of 2019 I don't think they can handle it. this game has to be f2p otherwise CS going to close servers next 6 months https://steamcharts.com/app/594770
  • Baja_BuysBaja_Buys Amber Moon
    COLDBLooD said:

    who wants to kill chickens safely playing official loa lou way better close to real sandbox but they have issues coming from LOA lag fps drop boring gameplay that guys trying to make this game real "legends" but LOA evolved to the worst game of 2019 I don't think they can handle it. this game has to be f2p otherwise CS going to close servers next 6 months https://steamcharts.com/app/594770

    157 players?!

    yikes
  • This is a better source for data, updates much more frequently.

    https://steamdb.info/app/594770/graphs/
  • SpitesSpites United States
    I'm tired of these posts.

    image
  • Ewok_CSEwok_CS Celador Administrator
    We have no issue with criticism as long as it is respectful and constructive! So please lets stick to that.
  • Ever notice how it's the same hand full of people in every thread?
  • SpitesSpites United States
    Ewok_CS said:

    We have no issue with criticism as long as it is respectful and constructive! So please lets stick to that.

    Amen.
  • Kraxis said:

    Ever notice how it's the same hand full of people in every thread?

    Is it the same people commenting because they're just a vocal handful out of a larger population or because those are the only people left around talking about this game?
  • Death said:

    Kraxis said:

    Ever notice how it's the same hand full of people in every thread?

    Is it the same people commenting because they're just a vocal handful out of a larger population or because those are the only people left around talking about this game?
    Probably because repeating the same things that have been said over and over to only fall on deaf ears is a fruitless endeavor. They isolated a lot of the former playerbase who left, especially since those who have been around for awhile are used to the hollow promises and cycle by now.
  • Death said:

    Kraxis said:

    Ever notice how it's the same hand full of people in every thread?

    Is it the same people commenting because they're just a vocal handful out of a larger population or because those are the only people left around talking about this game?
    Option 1.

    You and I are proof of that. Both been here since launch or before.
  • Didn't most of the players leave? Remember when AS had a good population?

  • Kraxis said:


    Option 1.

    You and I are proof of that. Both been here since launch or before.

    I mean... if your only measurement is we've 'Both been here since launch or before' then it is just as easily Option 2. Maybe my dilneation was not clear enough.

    A. LOA is in a very good spot with positive population trajectory and within it's LARGE population of players there is a very small minority of players that have a very vocal and negative viewpoint with little to no reason to feel that way about the game, yet they persist.

    B. LOA is NOT in a very good spot with negative population trajectory and within it's DWINDLING player base there is a group of players who are very vocal and although their view may be perceived as critical they provide feedback on why the game is in decline.

    We had a hypothesis that the game had little to no lasting power. After the launch last year we saw activity hit a massive decline in towns and around banks but no hard data to substantiate our observations. Then the steam release happened and we witnessed the same exact behavior on both Amber Moon and Crimson Sea, but this time we had steamDB analytics which mapped the downtrend.

    If you think that there is a 'large population still' then please provide some actual data to support your claim because everything points toward the opposite - go walk around the map and see how many people you run into, visit the dungeons, visit the banks. I promise you that players aren't hiding somewhere other than other games or activities. Look at SteamDB and it's pretty clear.
  • Death said:

    Kraxis said:


    Option 1.

    You and I are proof of that. Both been here since launch or before.

    I mean... if your only measurement is we've 'Both been here since launch or before' then it is just as easily Option 2. Maybe my dilneation was not clear enough.

    A. LOA is in a very good spot with positive population trajectory and within it's LARGE population of players there is a very small minority of players that have a very vocal and negative viewpoint with little to no reason to feel that way about the game, yet they persist.

    B. LOA is NOT in a very good spot with negative population trajectory and within it's DWINDLING player base there is a group of players who are very vocal and although their view may be perceived as critical they provide feedback on why the game is in decline.

    We had a hypothesis that the game had little to no lasting power. After the launch last year we saw activity hit a massive decline in towns and around banks but no hard data to substantiate our observations. Then the steam release happened and we witnessed the same exact behavior on both Amber Moon and Crimson Sea, but this time we had steamDB analytics which mapped the downtrend.

    If you think that there is a 'large population still' then please provide some actual data to support your claim because everything points toward the opposite - go walk around the map and see how many people you run into, visit the dungeons, visit the banks. I promise you that players aren't hiding somewhere other than other games or activities. Look at SteamDB and it's pretty clear.
    yep, and the team still doing the same stupid decision. HOW THAT IS POSSIBLE?
  • Don't forget the single character spin in place rollback that allowed for duping as well, that and unobfuscated code that allowed for injections that could bypass locked property doors. Oh and the spamming changing faction titles that crashed the server.

    Devs announce a niche game with open world PvP and then change it on the whims of PvE players who jump games at the drop of a dime rather than stick to one, game stagnates as it's isolated it's original core playerbase and backers as the game jumpers move on.

    MMORPGs, many such cases. Sad!
  • Death forgot 1

    C. The player base that actually tested every single day for months straight on theory builds and destroying the "Meta" fixing bugs and finding bugs. Finding and fixing game breaking bugs such as the cleave macro bug(you could solo death, I've done it) the torch bug, the ruin/melee bug, the stasis/meteor bug that caused the whole server to lag. 3 second lags turned to 5, which turned to 8, which then turned into a server crash, which then turned into a 4 hour roll back, which then turned into an 8 hour roll back. The devs used to listen to that core group and had the game in a near perfect state when it comes to balance for PvE and PvP with ALL builds. after CB2 they stopped listening to those people and they got frustrated over time, to where their standard critique with constructive criticism turned into anger and confusion.


    Here we are now..
    The 6 builds I came up with that even Sonya put up on her website for theory builds are now obsolete with no good reason other than that Mages are the meta again. Rip LoA, simple as that. they will suck all those farmers dry for their time and money. Just the farmvillers/casuals/griefers exist. None of the real core functions that made LoA great are a thing anymore.


    +100000

    At CB2 was the best balance we had on the game.
  • heaven said:

    Death forgot 1

    C. The player base that actually tested every single day for months straight on theory builds and destroying the "Meta" fixing bugs and finding bugs. Finding and fixing game breaking bugs such as the cleave macro bug(you could solo death, I've done it) the torch bug, the ruin/melee bug, the stasis/meteor bug that caused the whole server to lag. 3 second lags turned to 5, which turned to 8, which then turned into a server crash, which then turned into a 4 hour roll back, which then turned into an 8 hour roll back. The devs used to listen to that core group and had the game in a near perfect state when it comes to balance for PvE and PvP with ALL builds. after CB2 they stopped listening to those people and they got frustrated over time, to where their standard critique with constructive criticism turned into anger and confusion.


    Here we are now..
    The 6 builds I came up with that even Sonya put up on her website for theory builds are now obsolete with no good reason other than that Mages are the meta again. Rip LoA, simple as that. they will suck all those farmers dry for their time and money. Just the farmvillers/casuals/griefers exist. None of the real core functions that made LoA great are a thing anymore.


    +100000

    At CB2 was the best balance we had on the game.
    +1
Sign In or Register to comment.