Server Merger Perk that I'm LOVING

BJC289BJC289 Monterey Bay, California
edited September 7 in General Discussion
10 character slots is making me so happy. I feel like I can make all my templates now and then some. This gives me room to do more experimentation. Woot. Thanks CS, this is something I'm pretty thrilled with. Warrants 1 more month of subscription from me.
I've been absent from playing for a bit since fall semester started. So this character slot increase is huge for me.

PS Looking forward to the new point release as well. Also, please give us an update on what you got in the works for archery. <3

Comments

• Experimenting with what? game is empty and unfinished :/ i really have a hard time understanding the fantastic histories some player have in their heads, because you need to have a huge imagination to keep playing this game for more than a week
  • BJC289BJC289 Monterey Bay, California
    edited September 8
    You answered your question for me. Huge imagination. I dont honestly see why anyone would play an RPG without one. ;)

Gone are the days of my competitive self. That lasted from age 17-25. One day I got tired of the adrenaline. For a while it was a rush, but that rush began to turn into a feeling that made me feel sick.
    I eventually questioned why i started playing RPG games to begin with.
    1. the adventure in my own story.
    2. im a kid at heart and love to pretend
    3. I love rpgs that let me theorycraft, even if it's a build someone else has thought up, i love that I could think of it and be happy with it.

This game might lack main content, but to me the content is more than that; making builds, creating friendships based on something personal, writing a backstory and developing it through the personal adventure in-game and creative writing, or anything that keeps me feeling inspired to play.

Do i play a shit ton? Nope. Don't have time to. Maybe but a few hours a week now with fall semester keeping me busy on top of being a single father with full custody.
    My life keeps me happy and video games(mainly RPGs for myself) are just the icing on the cake. I wouldnt have it any other way.
  • BJC289 said:

You answered your question for me. Huge imagination. I dont honestly see why anyone would play an RPG without one. ;)

Gone are the days of my competitive self. That lasted from age 17-25. One day I got tired of the adrenaline. For a while it was a rush, but that rush began to turn into a feeling that made me feel sick.
    I eventually questioned why i started playing RPG games to begin with.
    1. the adventure in my own story.
    2. im a kid at heart and love to pretend
    3. I love rpgs that let me theorycraft, even if it's a build someone else has thought up, i love that I could think of it and be happy with it.

This game might lack main content, but to me the content is more than that; making builds, creating friendships based on something personal, writing a backstory and developing it through the personal adventure in-game and creative writing, or anything that keeps me feeling inspired to play.

Do i play a shit ton? Nope. Don't have time to. Maybe but a few hours a week now with fall semester keeping me busy on top of being a single father with full custody.
    My life keeps me happy and video games(mainly RPGs for myself) are just the icing on the cake. I wouldnt have it any other way.

Don´t take me wrong, i love rpg´s myself, been playing since my commodore days, that's why i bought and supported legends of aria, but this game is just empty, lack of content,childishly unbalanced (im pretty damn sure someone between the devs loves to play mage archetype) looks more like a scam than an actual game, in fact i don't understand how devs managed to ruin something with that much potential, not sure if it's for the lack of ability or it's just blatant neglect, anyway, find it very very hard to imagine how someone can enjoy a game so absolutely empty of everything and absurdly unbalance after a while of playing, sometimes i just assume the devs or someone close create fake accounts so say nice things about this, otherwise it's very hard to understand
    With all that you have said, especially assuming they may be impersonating a player in the forums, is there any reason why you are still here?

I'm genuinely curious. When i don't want to play this game i go play another that isnt in development. It's okay to step away and reflect on how investing in early access development
    is a risk. Even if it turns into a letdown and not a success. Win some, lose some i guess.
  • edited September 9
    And a let down it is. With each update the game just gets worse... The two worst were removing mounted combat and the forced cookie cutter templates/abilities. As well as changing the entire premise of what they advertised the game as.

They spend all their time changing the rules while adding very little actual content because they have no direction and can't decide what the game should be... And whenever they make changes they break other aspects of the game and waste even more time fixing the new problems they created.

Play the game for 9 months and you'll see for yourself. Got to love the few newbs who actively defend this game. The simple truth is the majority left for a good reason.
    Well, yeah... if you like something you will defend it. If you dont like something, you wont.

The sad part is all you do is spam and bait people in the forums Grex.

Lol you invested in an early access game and I'm beginning to think you haven't got a single clue to as what that entails.

You took a risk by investing, your loss. You could get over it and move on or you could bitxh more. Your choice. Is any of this making sense to you? Lol
  • BJC289 said:

With all that you have said, especially assuming they may be impersonating a player in the forums, is there any reason why you are still here?

I'm genuinely curious. When i don't want to play this game i go play another that isn't in development. It's okay to step away and reflect on how investing in early access development
    is a risk. Even if it turns into a letdown and not a success. Win some, lose some i guess.

I'm still here because i only play in shards, shards that are like 10.000 times more finished, full and complete than the official server, shard run by people with another work, family, and things to do, but you log in one and see what the word work means, you log here and have to ask to yourself how someone can neglect a game so much having uo as a reference, it's just unexplainable to me
  • Or I can grab some popcorn and watch this train wreck while I play other games. You call it bitching, I call it facts, those updates did happen. These are observations not complaints. You don't see me asking for changes do you? I've been leaving my feedback that's all.
    edited September 10
    Azzazel said:

BJC289 said:

I'm genuinely curious. When i don't want to play this game i go play another that isn't in development. It's okay to step away and reflect on how investing in early access development

I'm still here because i only play in shards, shards that are like 10.000 times more finished, full and complete than the official server, shard run by people with another work, family, and things to do, but you log in one and see what the word work means, you log here and have to ask to yourself how someone can neglect a game so much having uo as a reference, it's just unexplainable to me
    Okay, so let's say that the LoU server designers work hard... that's great. I'm not going to bash say, LoU. I can't because I havent played it. But it's not like that server was designed on an original idea...it's a carbon copy of a game that others thought up a long time ago.

From the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like you think the LoA developers are people who have families, other work and other things to do as well. They neglect the game, because of what?? Not infringing upon another video game's map and exact mechanics? They have a vision, they have changed that vision, again and again...obviously to a lot of people's disagreement. I am there with a lot of people on some of what has changed, isn't very great.
    But if you invest in a game that is early access, knowing what you are going into, especially the chance of failure of a game, or success, then why dog people's feelings about what they love about it? I mean...is there any reason to waste the energy?

Grex believes the game should fail, yet he loves the community servers. If this game fails and shuts down...goodluck with enjoying your community server any further. The chance of the developers handing over their property to community developers isn't a high chance considering that LoU isn't an original idea and could mean legal issues if they did.

Grex calls his comments observations.. but yeah sure dude go ahead and sound like a broken record, because everyone has heard what he has said from other players. Here's a thought... there's a problem with people coming into a positive forum post to bring down the vibes. Sad that people like you two even contribute in the manner you have in this post, because it hasn't been an ounce of constructive, just dwelling and bashing the game. lol.
    I hope you two are satisfied with who you have shown yourselves to be in the way you have portrayed how you feel about the game or people who enjoy it.

ps - dont forget it's early access. lot's of games have made turn arounds. while im not certain the chnaces of that happening for this game are even remotely able to be comprehended by anyone, i have one thing you two show a lack of and that is hope. <3

oh and guess what? I love this game :D
    /thread
  • Well it's great they merged the servers AFTER the majority already left.. It was a little late. Just being realistic and honest. As pointed out earlier, merging two ghost towns is still a ghost town...

Players have tried giving constructive feedback but they all left/stopped because CS doesn't listen. It's a waste of time.
  • BJC289 said:

Azzazel said:

BJC289 said:

Okay, so let's say that the LoU server designers work hard... that's great. I'm not going to bash say, LoU. I can't because I havent played it. But it's not like that server was designed on an original idea...it's a carbon copy of a game that others thought up a long time ago.

From the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like you think the LoA developers are people who have families, other work and other things to do as well. They neglect the game, because of what?? Not infringing upon another video game's map and exact mechanics? They have a vision, they have changed that vision, again and again...obviously to a lot of people's disagreement. I am there with a lot of people on some of what has changed, isn't very great.
    But if you invest in a game that is early access, knowing what you are going into, especially the chance of failure of a game, or success, then why dog people's feelings about what they love about it? I mean...is there any reason to waste the energy?

Grex believes the game should fail, yet he loves the community servers. If this game fails and shuts down...goodluck with enjoying your community server any further. The chance of the developers handing over their property to community developers isn't a high chance considering that LoU isn't an original idea and could mean legal issues if they did.

Grex calls his comments observations.. but yeah sure dude go ahead and sound like a broken record, because everyone has heard what he has said from other players. Here's a thought... there's a problem with people coming into a positive forum post to bring down the vibes. Sad that people like you two even contribute in the manner you have in this post, because it hasn't been an ounce of constructive, just dwelling and bashing the game. lol.
    I hope you two are satisfied with who you have shown yourselves to be in the way you have portrayed how you feel about the game or people who enjoy it.

ps - dont forget it's early access. lot's of games have made turn arounds. while im not certain the chnaces of that happening for this game are even remotely able to be comprehended by anyone, i have one thing you two show a lack of and that is hope. <3

/thread</p>
    Oh god you have hope, oh no, you won and wasted me... dude... for real... what you call hope i call naiveness, just stay around couple of months and see what remains of that happy candy man i don't wanna see all that mes attitude...

Ps: if you wanna read some constructive feedback just read the thousand of comment from people which spent here more than two years complaining about how devs seemed incapable of doing something solid (besides taking our money of course, that was a master movement) or you can remain blindfolded singing songs about happiness and hope, what suits you better, the reality is the actual state of the game is a complete mess and almost an insult ( more even if you compare the level of content of the community driven servers ) but hey dont let me wake you from your beautiful dream
  • Its interesting to watch all the positive new guys slowly loose hope and suggest new fixes to the game that have been talked about for years.
    edited September 11
    Azzazel said:

BJC289 said:

Azzazel said:

BJC289 said:

/thread</p>
    Oh god you have hope, oh no, you won and wasted me... dude... for real... what you call hope i call naiveness, just stay around couple of months and see what remains of that happy candy man i don't wanna see all that mes attitude...

Ps: if you wanna read some constructive feedback just read the thousand of comment from people which spent here more than two years complaining about how devs seemed incapable of doing something solid (besides taking our money of course, that was a master movement) or you can remain blindfolded singing songs about happiness and hope, what suits you better, the reality is the actual state of the game is a complete mess and almost an insult ( more even if you compare the level of content of the community driven servers ) but hey dont let me wake you from your beautiful dream
    you must really feel like you've lost at something here, being the first to mention anything about winners. Been here just as long as you in these forums. I've seen the feedback. I've seen the development choices that have wrought havoc among the community.

I've also been following the game since kickstarter. Everything you may think that I dont understand, I do. I just choose to not let their bad decisions affect me the way they do you, or anyone else who decided enough was enough, but you would call that being naive.

If i let every little bad decision they have made, or good piece of feedback that's gone unheard, affect me...id be a very unhappy person. And over what? lol a video game? There are so many out there, this is just one of the many I like. I will cling to my hope while I have other amazing games to play, I won't let anything get in the way of that hope.
    Even if someone like you wants to try to sound insulting about my positiveness being a dream state. I hope you find peace in your choice to back this game. Much love to you brother. <3

• That's some good weed you be smoking out there in Cali.
  • BJC289 said:

Azzazel said:

BJC289 said:

Azzazel said:

BJC289 said:

/thread</p>

you must really feel like you've lost at something here, being the first to mention anything about winners. Been here just as long as you in these forums. I've seen the feedback. I've seen the development choices that have wrought havoc among the community.

I've also been following the game since kickstarter. Everything you may think that I dont understand, I do. I just choose to not let their bad decisions affect me the way they do you, or anyone else who decided enough was enough, but you would call that being naive.

If i let every little bad decision they have made, or good piece of feedback that's gone unheard, affect me...id be a very unhappy person. And over what? lol a video game? There are so many out there, this is just one of the many I like. I will cling to my hope while I have other amazing games to play, I won't let anything get in the way of that hope.
    Even if someone like you wants to try to sound insulting about my positiveness being a dream state. I hope you find peace in your choice to back this game. Much love to you brother.
    Just what i suspected, you dont give a f%&%ck about devs do, all will seem fine to you, even if they put a photo of their dicks in the front page, you will not care,but hey, all good, if it works for you more than fine,it's just it doesn't work for me, i'm not that submissive or content myself, if i pay for something i don't like to be scammed, i have other games to play of course, but i paid for this one, so yeah it's kind of insulting devs keep behaving themselves as a chicken without head, having hundreds of feedback from people who wants the game to succeed because they love uo (like i did) not knowing what to do or where to go burying a game with so much potential into deep shit
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    so you paid for an early access and you are playing a community server, you don't like to be scammed, and devs insult you because they don't put in the feedback you like. I get you are your most important person, but quite tiring here, I must say
  • I get you are the most interesting man in the world Sacha. Stay thirsty friend.
  • SheermSheerm United States
    I just keep playing . Sometimes I have to adjust . What I do or how I do it . Keeps the game from getting stale. So with steam release they added a new awakening . Completely reworked archery. Completely changed guarded zones . Reworked Corruption dungeon . Added a bard class. Reworked vitality gain and loss. Reworked craft orders with promise of an additional rework in the near future . Working on Melee' accuracy . Added faction rewards . I know I am forgetting things , but thta seems a fair amount of work to me.
  • Sheerm said:

I just keep playing . Sometimes I have to adjust . What I do or how I do it . Keeps the game from getting stale. So with steam release they added a new awakening . Completely reworked archery. Completely changed guarded zones . Reworked Corruption dungeon . Added a bard class. Reworked vitality gain and loss. Reworked craft orders with promise of an additional rework in the near future . Working on Melee' accuracy . Added faction rewards . I know I am forgetting things , but thta seems a fair amount of work to me.

They have reworked these before and will do it again.
    edited September 12
    Azzazel said:

BJC289 said:

Azzazel said:

BJC289 said:

Azzazel said:

BJC289 said:

/thread</p>

Even if someone like you wants to try to sound insulting about my positiveness being a dream state. I hope you find peace in your choice to back this game. Much love to you brother.
    Just what i suspected, you dont give a f%&%ck about devs do, all will seem fine to you, even if they put a photo of their dicks in the front page, you will not care,but hey, all good, if it works for you more than fine,it's just it doesn't work for me, i'm not that submissive or content myself, if i pay for something i don't like to be scammed, i have other games to play of course, but i paid for this one, so yeah it's kind of insulting devs keep behaving themselves as a chicken without head, having hundreds of feedback from people who wants the game to succeed because they love uo (like i did) not knowing what to do or where to go burying a game with so much potential into deep shit
    You may want to read, because you missed the part where ive already mentioned that i dont always agree with their changes or reworks.

Nor does my positivity mean that im entirely content with the game. I just remain positive, because that's my way of life.

So anyone who enjoys this game as much as I or dosen't lose faith in the devs and don't see things as you do or feel as you do... they are in a dream-state, naive or dont mind seeing developer's genitalia?

Nice.. you seem like a real mature person who has it all figured out.

Again, i hope you can find peace in your decision to fund a game that went through and will continue to go through development cycles. Much love brother. <3
  • They keep reworking existing content while adding very little ACUTUAL NEW content... You can't call that 'lots of new content'. I call that no direction because they can't figure out what they want to do. They removed a lot of content as well since the alpha/beta stages. So reintroducing what was already in the game isn't exactly new content either...
This discussion has been closed.