Drake Redesign & Adjustment of the Wyvern's Wings

FiFi the Wiccan
edited September 20 in Feedback & Suggestions
When I saw a drake for the first time, I was confused about why they looked exactly like the wyvern—even their color is the same as the wyverns which I once thought was brown (the Scaled Drake is an exception). This is very confusing for me and my friends whenever we want to go to Halls of Deception for some dragon-slaying because one or more of us tend to bring a pet wyvern with us to keep the dragons off our Mages, and the last thing we want to do is accidentally attack someone's pet. While not as confusing, I tend to do a double-take on drakes whenever I am searching for a new wyvern to have as a pet.

Drakes typically look like huge four-legged reptilians without wings, and here are a few examples of what drakes look like that I found to be very fitting for them:

If you can't view the images within this post, you can view the drakes here instead.

Lastly, wyverns, it has always bothered me seeing how the wyverns keep their wings splayed across wherever they go or reside, and these same wings move about as if they are laminated pieces of paper unless the wyverns are dodging an attack which is a very cute animation by the way. Thankfully, their wings, their head, and their tail are not parts of their bounding box which you can test by tracing your cursor around their form.

Why not have wyverns fold or tuck their wings when they are not in use similarly to how the dragons—they are technically wyverns which are still of the "dragon" family—of Game of Thrones and Skyrim do it? These are a few stellar pictures I found that perfectly portray what I mean:

If you still can't view these images, you can view the wyverns here instead.

Changing the drakes' design would give them their own identity and would completely remove the bewilderment that ensues when Tamers bring their wyverns into combat with them. As for the wyverns, changing how their wings work would make them look much more cleaner and would stop them from blanketing everything with their wings when they are at rest.

Thanks again for this "Feedback & Suggestions" section by the way. ❦